You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Controversial opinions on dinosaur toys

Started by Ravonium, May 21, 2018, 07:39:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Sim on December 30, 2020, 06:32:58 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on October 26, 2020, 07:09:13 PM
Quote from: Sim on October 26, 2020, 05:49:47 PM
I still think the Wild Safari Microraptor has the alula.
If it has an alula than it's placed on an incorrect part of the wing, it should extend from and along the length of the leading finger, and should compress along the length when not extended. Simply adding an extra clump of feathers anywhere on the front edge of the wing isn't accurate, nor is folding the alula back behind the fingers so they can be exposed.

Good points, that's how the alula is in extant birds if I'm not mistaken.  To be fair though, I think we don't know if in Microraptor the alula was bent back a bit so the fingers could fulfil a more predatory function than in extant brds.  The alula is reconstructed in the same way as on the Wild Safari figure in the reconstruction in the Microraptor colour paper: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/221689269_Reconstruction_of_Microraptor_and_the_Evolution_of_Iridescent_Plumage

This. Also note that the remiges attach to the first phalange and basal pennaraptorans generally have much longer fingers than modern birds. So the fingers could stick out a bit from under the feathers, though not as much as often depicted. Also the fingers themselves were often covered in fuzz rather than naked skin.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Carnoking

Here's my sure to be controversial opinion to some: You can never have too many T. rex figures. I see plenty of comments here and there along the lines of "oh great, another T. rex", or "I sure hope x company doesn't waste time making a T. rex," and I will say, I get it, that's totally a fair thought to have. There are hundreds of dinosaurs deserving representation in figure form, and I'm all too happy to see each and every new species that comes our way. But no matter what, I will never get tired of seeing new versions of the Tyrant Lizard King stomping across my shelves. And yeah, there's a surplus of them out there, but precious few of those are actually bang up models. I feel like for every decent Tyrannosaurus rex figure there is, there's at least two bad ones, and so few that do a good job of representing the actual animal as we understood it at the time of the model's release. So sure, it may be overdone, but I'll always welcome some proper updates of it. As I'm typing this, I'm reminded of a quote:

"It's Tyrannosaurus rex, the favorite dinosaur you're too good to admit is your favorite. You feign interest in ornithopods, act like you like your theropods small and feathery, pretend that basal sauropodomorphs warrant more than a cursory glance. All the while, the itty bitty T. rex on your shoulder whispers in your ear: 'You're mine, and you know it.'"
~David Orr

So yeah, there's my first controversial opinion on dinosaur models, or at least the first one I've posted here, and dangit I'll die on this hill.

Stegotyranno420

The following text has been misinterpeted and has caused me to lose some friends. Im just gonna tell you, this text basically explains why the some people may find carnivores and tyrannosaurus interesting, and why people shouldnt be afraid to say that their favorite dinosaur is t rex. I am NOt saying that those who prefer obscure dinosaurs over popular ones are lying, heck, i love rajasaurus as much as  t rex. Im saying that some people may be /have been scared that they dont look that smart enough when they say that tyrannosaurus is their favorite, and i want to tell them that you can love any dinosaur you want. I agree that sometimes herbivores are more powerful and scary, thats absoulute fact, but im talking about why some people like CARNIVORES so much. Hopefully this doesnt cause anymore controversy, and i hope you understand, have a nice day fellow reader :)
Spoiler
Quote from: Carnoking on December 31, 2020, 04:06:53 AM
Here's my sure to be controversial opinion to some: You can never have too many T. rex figures. I see plenty of comments here and there along the lines of "oh great, another T. rex", or "I sure hope x company doesn't waste time making a T. rex," and I will say, I get it, that's totally a fair thought to have. There are hundreds of dinosaurs deserving representation in figure form, and I'm all too happy to see each and every new species that comes our way. But no matter what, I will never get tired of seeing new versions of the Tyrant Lizard King stomping across my shelves. And yeah, there's a surplus of them out there, but precious few of those are actually bang up models. I feel like for every decent Tyrannosaurus rex figure there is, there's at least two bad ones, and so few that do a good job of representing the actual animal as we understood it at the time of the model's release. So sure, it may be overdone, but I'll always welcome some proper updates of it. As I'm typing this, I'm reminded of a quote:

"It's Tyrannosaurus rex, the favorite dinosaur you're too good to admit is your favorite. You feign interest in ornithopods, act like you like your theropods small and feathery, pretend that basal sauropodomorphs warrant more than a cursory glance. All the while, the itty bitty T. rex on your shoulder whispers in your ear: 'You're mine, and you know it.'"
~David Orr

So yeah, there's my first controversial opinion on dinosaur models, or at least the first one I've posted here, and dangit I'll die on this hill.
Thank you. Thank you so much. I have been wanting to say this for so long, but i knew some members will cause a serious controversy. It's almost annoying when people pretend to be "hip" and "not a normie" and their favorite dinosaur is something they don't even like. It's human nature to like large theropods, like T. rex, Giga, And Spino, or the hipster Dino enthusiast's three worst fears. Humans like to learn and see things that are more greater and powerful than them. Rather it's lions, God, volcanoes, the Sun, such things are bound to spark some interest.
What makes large theropods have more of this feature is that they are carnivorous. Humans will usually(and subconsciously) associate carnivores as being more powerful and dangerous than herbivores of same or larger size.
Now what makes T. rex stand out of the other mentioned theropods. These theropods are based on  my opinion and experiences, larger, stronger and more interesting than tyrannosaurus. So why is tyrannosaurus the most famous(once again based on what I seen). Because it's very well known, and known from very early. Tyrannosaurus was basically like giganotosaurus , it replaced the former largest and baddest theropod. In T. rex case, that was Antrodremus/Allosaurus. Allosaurus was the T. rex of its time, but still retains some of its former fame.
And since T. rex is so beloved and well known, here are some reasons why I(and maybe you) like. T. rex

Nostalgia=tyrannosaurus introduced me to the world of dinosaurs. Without T. rex, I would probably be a very different guy. I owe a lot of respect to this beast. I remember those days when I will play with my toys, and T. rex will either be the undominated beast or the royal king of the dinosaurs. In movies, it was the big bad beast that the movie centered around. In video games, it was like the ruler of the planet, and it would always be my first pick when selecting a dinosaur.

Awesome-Cool-Dragon-Bro-Dude= now listen me out, there's nothing wrong with awesomebro. It's just drawing animals in a powerful fashion. Many people say that these works are "epic" but a better word is "majestic " and "regal". Such violent art is bound to get a person who is interested in hyper carnivorous titans interest. Of course, it's usually inaccurate, but it's frowned upon even when it's accurate.

Science= Many people won't think of tyrannosaurus more interesting than cool, but it is. It's  a case of convergent evolution, feathers and bird like relations to dinosaurs, and a great subject for some sweet speculative reconstructions and behaviors, since how bird like it is compared to say Yangchuanosaurus. It's also a great way to show how much we progressed since the beginnings of paleontology. From a bipedal monitor, to a hyper intelligent king that can't see that well, to a rather interesting and (sigh) THIC boi. Like brontosaurus it's a symbol of old and new paleontology.

So while I think some other dinosaurs might be cooler than T. rex, it will always be my favorite no matter what.

And for those guys who think liking T. rex instead of Goyocephalae as their favorite dinosaur is too dumb or mainstream, either show the world who you truly are , or you can just always say "my favorite dinosaur is Manospondylus Gigax"
[close]

Reuben03

~David Orr

I LOVE THIS QUOTE LOL  ;D ;D

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

suspsy

~David Orr

I would say that you are dead on. I would also add that if it wasn't for Tyrannosaurus rex, most of us wouldn't be here. Indeed, the DTB itself might not exist. Similar to how DC comics wouldn't exist today if it wasn't for Batman, Marvel comics wouldn't exist today if it wasn't for Spider-Man, Transformers wouldn't exist today if it wasn't for Optimus Prime, and Star Wars wouldn't exist today if it wasn't for Darth Vader.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

PumperKrickel

Quote from: Stegotyranno on December 31, 2020, 04:46:58 AM
It's almost annoying when people pretend to be "hip" and "not a normie" and their favorite dinosaur is something they don't even like. It's human nature to like large theropods, like T. rex, Giga, And Spino, or the hipster Dino enthusiast's three worst fears. Humans like to learn and see things that are more greater and powerful than them. Rather it's lions, God, volcanoes, the Sun, such things are bound to spark some interest.
What makes large theropods have more of this feature is that they are carnivorous. Humans will usually(and subconsciously) associate carnivores as being more powerful and dangerous than herbivores of same or larger size.

I can bring myself to agree with Carnoking's opinion, but this is too much. It's incredibly narrow-minded to suggest that people are only pretending not to like huge theropods and that all humans are inherently drawn towards power. Liking the big bitey bois is not the default state. People are unique and so are their interests. It's okay to love T. rex and it's equally okay to love Mussaurus, one is not more correct than the other.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Having said that, I really don't understand people who are upset whenever a figure they have no interest in is released. It's incredibly easy to avoid buying a figure you don't want and equally easy to keep your mouth shut and let other people enjoy things.

MLMjp

~David Orr

This, this is the one right there. This is the "ultimate unpopular opinion" I have read here and one that I agree with (mostly).

And I absolutely love that quote. Who is that David Orr guy by the way?

Gwangi

Quote from: suspsy on December 31, 2020, 12:13:28 PM

~David Orr

I would say that you are dead on. I would also add that if it wasn't for Tyrannosaurus rex, most of us wouldn't be here. Indeed, the DTB itself might not exist. Similar to how DC comics wouldn't exist today if it wasn't for Batman, Marvel comics wouldn't exist today if it wasn't for Spider-Man, Transformers wouldn't exist today if it wasn't for Optimus Prime, and Star Wars wouldn't exist today if it wasn't for Darth Vader.

I dunno man, that's a bold claim. I understand the significance of T. rex in popularizing dinosaurs but dinosaurs were headed towards popularity before Tyrannosaurus was ever discovered. We would still be here without T. rex, just maybe talking about a different large theropod.

Crackington

You tell 'em avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi👏! I always preferred Allosaurus and Deinonychus to Rexy myself. Up the underdogs 😊!

suspsy

Quote from: Gwangi on December 31, 2020, 01:52:15 PM

~David Orr

I dunno man, that's a bold claim. I understand the significance of T. rex in popularizing dinosaurs but dinosaurs were headed towards popularity before Tyrannosaurus was ever discovered. We would still be here without T. rex, just maybe talking about a different large theropod.

It's no more bold a claim than saying that if Batman, Spider-Man, Optimus, and Vader had never been conceived, some other characters could have achieved the exact same lasting iconic status. I really do believe that no other dinosaur could have achieved the same level of fame and popularity as T. rex has. Same as how if the lion didn't exist, I don't think there would have been Richard the Bearheart or the Cowardly Tiger of Oz or a movie franchise called The Wolf King.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gwangi

Quote from: suspsy on December 31, 2020, 02:28:26 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on December 31, 2020, 01:52:15 PM

~David Orr

It's no more bold a claim than saying that if Batman, Spider-Man, Optimus, and Vader had never been conceived, some other characters could have achieved the exact same lasting iconic status. I really do believe that no other dinosaur could have achieved the same level of fame and popularity as T. rex has. Same as how if the lion didn't exist, I don't think there would have been Richard the Bearheart or the Cowardly Tiger of Oz or a movie franchise called The Wolf King.

You're suggesting that the human fascination for extinct animals wouldn't exist without T. rex, and that's mighty bold. No, I don't think so. You're comparing extinct animals that lived in Earth's distant past to make believe pop culture characters. Dinosaurs capture the imagination like nothing else can, with Tyrannosaurus or without. Sure, T. rex is a pop culture icon too, but without it we would still have a number of suitable stand-ins, including other tyrannosaurs. If T. rex, or lions didn't exist, another apex predator would achieve their level of popularity and no one would question it because they would be living in a world without a "better" alternative. You bring up Richard the Lionheart while forgetting Beowulf (the bear wolf). Lions are popular in western society, but in Asia it is indeed the tiger that is more popular. In South America it's the Jaguar. In native North America it was the mountain lion. People work with what they've got.

Bread

Maybe this is just me, but I don't really care how popular an animal or dinosaur is. Tyrannosaurus rex is one of the most popular dinosaurs in the world, but does that stop me from liking or finding this dinosaur interesting? No. Come to think of it, I don't see any organism as "boring." 

Speaking of figures, yes I am one of those who does get sick of seeing Tyrannosaurus figures. Although, this is due to the amount of inaccurate or out dated figures we already have. Once in a while, we actually get an updated rex. (One of them being PNSO's Wilson, currently its on the way and I can't wait!) This does not change my opinion of the animal, though.

Gwangi

Quote from: Crackington on December 31, 2020, 02:04:52 PM
You tell 'em avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi👏! I always preferred Allosaurus and Deinonychus to Rexy myself. Up the underdogs 😊!

Well avatar_Crackington @Crackington, I must admit that T. rex is one of my favorite dinosaurs. But Allosaurus does edge it out ever so slightly.

Carnoking

Just as an addendum, I will say that T. rex is not my favorite dinosaur, I'm a carnotaurus kind of guy obviously. However, my statement stands that I don't think there can be enough rex figures, especially as our knowledge of it continues to evolve and change.

Crackington

It's not that I dislike T-Rex, it was an awesome creature with the most powerful set of jaws ever for a land vertebrate (pause for space for someone to dispute this 😊). It's that I just don't buy this line that it's all our secret favourite dinosaur and we're just trying to be cool saying something else.

Pushing the popular culture analogy to music, I guess for 70s rock music Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd would have been the T-Rex - the top of the pile.. I can appreciate them now for being "awesome" bands, but I hated them then as a young punk, seeing them as boring old hippie farts. The Clash and the Pistols were far more exciting, raw and angry - like a Deinonychus gnashing it's teeth in the undergrowth!

It's thus never been my favourite dino, even as a kid -though I have more models of it than anything else now on DinoToyCollector - I probably need some therapy ☺️!

PS avatar_suspsy @suspsy  - I always thought Superman was the "Rex" of DC, no 😉?

stargatedalek

Thank you. Thank you so much. I have been wanting to say this for so long, but i knew some members will cause a serious controversy. It's almost annoying when people pretend to be "hip" and "not a normie" and their favorite dinosaur is something they don't even like. It's human nature to like large theropods, like T. rex, Giga, And Spino, or the hipster Dino enthusiast's three worst fears. Humans like to learn and see things that are more greater and powerful than them. Rather it's lions, God, volcanoes, the Sun, such things are bound to spark some interest.
I am genuinely offended. And I in no way speak for anyone besides myself when I say I disagree with all of those examples you've listed.

-I don't like lions, I find them to be the ugliest of the big cats. No offence to those who like them but to me they look more like dogs or bears than they do most other cats (and hey, I could see that being a reason someone would like them). I like pumas and servals and house cats.
-I already exist by no choice of my own in stark defiance to the concept of god.
-Volcanoes are geology, geology bores me. It's relevant as far as it's relation to carbon dating and such but anything more is far beyond my interest. Volcanoes can serve as fun set pieces, but volcanoes themselves are just warm gooey mountains.
-The sun is in space, and space (outside of its potential to supply fictional settings) also bores me. I just don't have an interest in inanimate balls of rock beyond their potential to support or interact with life.

I also have to disagree with your statement about carnivores inherently appearing "more dangerous/powerful than herbivores". I can watch big cats lounge around or even approach me up to their fence and just enjoy watching them, I've handled alligators and they can be absolute sweethearts, but walking past a cow I am deep down terrified the thing could lash out and kick or trample me with no warning. Hippos are terrifying psycho monsters who will run you down just for having the audacity to exist near them and they appropriately instill an almost existential dread. Herbivores aren't predictable, they don't attack us to eat or protect their territory, they attack people because they're angry jerks or even just to show that they can.

I do happen to have a soft spot for Spinosaurus, but its size bears no relation. I like its elegance, the elongated neck and tail, the calm swimming posture reminiscent of water birds. I like the stark reality of the fish eating gracile diver as it stands in strict opposition to the old dinosaur ambushing brute with a lump on its back.

Quote from: Stegotyranno on December 31, 2020, 04:46:58 AMNow what makes T. rex stand out of the other mentioned theropods. These theropods are based on  my opinion and experiences, larger, stronger and more interesting than tyrannosaurus. So why is tyrannosaurus the most famous(once again based on what I seen). Because it's very well known, and known from very early. Tyrannosaurus was basically like giganotosaurus , it replaced the former largest and baddest theropod. In T. rex case, that was Antrodremus/Allosaurus. Allosaurus was the T. rex of its time, but still retains some of its former fame.
And since T. rex is so beloved and well known, here are some reasons why I(and maybe you) like. T. rex

Nostalgia=tyrannosaurus introduced me to the world of dinosaurs. Without T. rex, I would probably be a very different guy. I owe a lot of respect to this beast. I remember those days when I will play with my toys, and T. rex will either be the undominated beast or the royal king of the dinosaurs. In movies, it was the big bad beast that the movie centered around. In video games, it was like the ruler of the planet, and it would always be my first pick when selecting a dinosaur.
And that's all well and good, that's what you like, but it isn't what everyone likes.

I grew up watching documentaries in the early 2000's, and Tyrannosaurus always felt like an arbitrary inclusion everyone felt obligated to find a way to shoe-horn into every production. It was the big-bad, the ultimate challenge to overcome, or the OP protagonist whose only threat was other Tyrannosaurus and space rocks. And so Tyrannosaurus was never interesting to me, not in its characterization and certainly not in its appearance which at the time was the extremely homogenized look still based on late 90's reconstructions.

Quote from: Stegotyranno on December 31, 2020, 04:46:58 AMAwesome-Cool-Dragon-Bro-Dude= now listen me out, there's nothing wrong with awesomebro. It's just drawing animals in a powerful fashion. Many people say that these works are "epic" but a better word is "majestic " and "regal". Such violent art is bound to get a person who is interested in hyper carnivorous titans interest. Of course, it's usually inaccurate, but it's frowned upon even when it's accurate.
I am of the mind that Tyrannosaurus will never be as cool or dramatic as the Acklay from Star Wars. If I want a cool monster, I will always have the Acklay.

While it's cool that dinosaurs can be depicted in all sorts of different ways, and even exist as modern day pop-culture mythological beasts outside the confines or expectations of natural sciences, I still don't find Tyrannosaurus very appealing. Even the sci-fi Tyrannosaurus designs tend to go for the same homogenized look I see almost everywhere else, maybe with a few extra spines or a dewlap here and there. Is there untapped potential? Absolutely, but I see that as a downside rather than an upside.

Quote from: Stegotyranno on December 31, 2020, 04:46:58 AMScience= Many people won't think of tyrannosaurus more interesting than cool, but it is. It's  a case of convergent evolution, feathers and bird like relations to dinosaurs, and a great subject for some sweet speculative reconstructions and behaviors, since how bird like it is compared to say Yangchuanosaurus. It's also a great way to show how much we progressed since the beginnings of paleontology. From a bipedal monitor, to a hyper intelligent king that can't see that well, to a rather interesting and (sigh) THIC boi. Like brontosaurus it's a symbol of old and new paleontology.
Small side point here, but the bird-like features present in Tyrannosaurus are not convergent evolution, rather these traits were common to the ancestor of both Tyrannosaurus and birds. Binocular vision evolved convergently for example, because the animals "connecting" Tyrannosaurus and birds don't have it. I also don't recall anyone ever arguing Tyrannosaurus was particularly intelligent.

In closing, why would I be interested in the big brute when dinosaurs can be anything? They offer so much creative liberty in design let alone characterization and behaviour but Tyrannosaurus is almost always depicted the same way. I like that dinosaurs can be cute, elegant, pretty, and all of the other wonderful things I see in birds. Dinosaurs were a way I was allowed to like cute things growing up, because to the general public they "weren't girly" and I could get away with liking them.

The idea that I must secretly like Tyrannosaurus, not even despite of but because of it's characterization as a boorish hyper-masculine coded super being is something I find deeply and personally insulting.

Quote from: Crackington on December 31, 2020, 05:39:34 PMPS avatar_suspsy @suspsy  - I always thought Superman was the "Rex" of DC, no 😉?
I would say Superman is the Allosaurus, he started it all and then got bumped to second place by the edgy upstart.

Gwangi

avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek, I think what Stegotyranno is trying to say, and I'm just guessing, can best be paraphrased by E.O. Wilson.

"We are not afraid of predators, we're transfixed by them, prone to weave stories and fables and chatter endlessly about them, because fascination creates preparedness, and preparedness, survival. In a deeply tribal way, we love our monsters..."

Humans have an innate interest in predators because our evolution was shaped by them. We can be killed by hippos or cattle but they won't literally consume our flesh, and in the case of cattle they're human prey too. I can imagine that for our ancestors (and people today), watching someone get torn apart and eaten alive, hearing their screams of agony and bones cracking, was a powerful experience. These predators hunted and fed upon us, and that's scarier than an angry hippo. It's an experience that has shaped evolution from the very start. And I think that's why lions, or T. rex, or any predator for that matter receives the attention that they do, even if you're not personally affected by them. Animals that do not fear their predators, die.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Gwangi on December 31, 2020, 07:35:52 PM
avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek, I think what Stegotyranno is trying to say, and I'm just guessing, can best be paraphrased by E.O. Wilson.

"We are not afraid of predators, we're transfixed by them, prone to weave stories and fables and chatter endlessly about them, because fascination creates preparedness, and preparedness, survival. In a deeply tribal way, we love our monsters..."

Humans have an innate interest in predators because our evolution was shaped by them. We can be killed by hippos or cattle but they won't literally consume our flesh, and in the case of cattle they're human prey too. I can imagine that for our ancestors (and people today), watching someone get torn apart and eaten alive, hearing their screams of agony and bones cracking, was a powerful experience. These predators hunted and fed upon us, and that's scarier than an angry hippo. It's an experience that has shaped evolution from the very start. And I think that's why lions, or T. rex, or any predator for that matter receives the attention that they do, even if you're not personally affected by them. Animals that do not fear their predators, die.
I think he was making a few different overall points. I agree that large predatory animals inherently carry a degree of reverence and respect, but I still don't agree that it makes them inherently more intimidating than a truly dangerous large herbivore. As the quote says, we are transfixed by predators, as opposed to scared of them.

And my larger response was in regards to the claim that "anyone who says Tyrannosaurus isn't their favourite is lying", which he spells out quite specifically at a few different points. Particularly in this ending paragraph.
And for those guys who think liking T. rex instead of Goyocephalae as their favorite dinosaur is too dumb or mainstream, either show the world who you truly are , or you can just always say "my favorite dinosaur is Manospondylus Gigax"

Gwangi

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 31, 2020, 07:53:28 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on December 31, 2020, 07:35:52 PM

I think he was making a few different overall points. I agree that large predatory animals inherently carry a degree of reverence and respect, but I still don't agree that it makes them inherently more intimidating than a truly dangerous large herbivore. As the quote says, we are transfixed by predators, as opposed to scared of them.

And my larger response was in regards to the claim that "anyone who says Tyrannosaurus isn't their favourite is lying", which he spells out quite specifically at a few different points. Particularly in this ending paragraph.

The quote also says "fascination creates preparedness, and preparedness, survival." There's a fine line between fear and fascination and people are often fascinated by what they fear. And I know, herbivorous animals can be intimidating for a number of reasons, and often more dangerous than predators (because they themselves are prey). But being eaten by them is seldom one of those reasons they intimidate us, and that alone gives predators the edge.

And of course, it's absurd to think everyone is lying about their favorite dinosaur. But I do also see merit in the claim that it's a lot of people's secret favorite because they're embarrassed to be following the T. rex bandwagon. That's not everyone, but surely those people exist.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

That is certainly a controversial opinion.
Apart from Baryonyx I never liked large carnivorous dinosaurs as child, not since past the age of 4 anyway, I only started to like some more recently. Yah is to all the silly pop culture stuff especially about Tyrannosaurus rex, I couldn't see a large carnivorous theropod as an animal,only a monster, this is in stark contrast to my liking for carnivorous extant animals. I could always see large herbivores as animals so I could compare them just fine.
I do find it insulting to say that Tyrannosaurus is secretly everyone's favourite when it had never been the case.
And I do prefer Ornithopods, small feathered theropods and basal sauropodmorphs more than Tyrannosaurus. My favourite Tyrannosaurid is probably Albertosaurus.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: