News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic: Ceratopsian Series - WAVE TWO SHIPPING!

Started by LeapingLaelaps, May 29, 2018, 12:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

Quote from: Eocarcharia on March 05, 2022, 05:52:41 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 05, 2022, 02:38:18 PM
Quote from: Andanna on March 05, 2022, 12:19:07 PM
I apologize for deviating from the more material discussion, but any tips on how to connect the tail to the body of the triceratops adult (which arrived this week and is gorgeous)?

Warm the tail where the socket goes in with a hairdryer until it becomes softer, you can squeeze it with your fingers. put a little water on the ball end to lubricate it and then it should pop on. There won't be an audible pop but it should feel tight.
Is putting water inside the joints okay? I would be worried about mold getting in there. I've always been fine with using just a hair dryer.
Unless you're filling large sections of a hollow model with water it should dry long before it develops mold.

Eocarcharia

Quote from: stargatedalek on March 05, 2022, 10:04:05 PM
Quote from: Eocarcharia on March 05, 2022, 05:52:41 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 05, 2022, 02:38:18 PM
Quote from: Andanna on March 05, 2022, 12:19:07 PM
I apologize for deviating from the more material discussion, but any tips on how to connect the tail to the body of the triceratops adult (which arrived this week and is gorgeous)?

Warm the tail where the socket goes in with a hairdryer until it becomes softer, you can squeeze it with your fingers. put a little water on the ball end to lubricate it and then it should pop on. There won't be an audible pop but it should feel tight.
Is putting water inside the joints okay? I would be worried about mold getting in there. I've always been fine with using just a hair dryer.
Unless you're filling large sections of a hollow model with water it should dry long before it develops mold.
Thanks. I guess I was just paranoid.

Anyway, how about a news update: pictures of the final baby Diabloceratops sculpt have been revealed.

Carnoking

Faelrin

Can't wait to order this beauty. And the Medusaceratops done earlier too.

Edit: Also man how lucky that guy is to collaborate with one of the best dino toy sculptors out there to get an official action figure of his short film character, and vice versa for David to work with the man behind that beautiful animation series. Best of both worlds/win-win.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

paintingdinos

He just had to go and make it look incredible, huh? Drat, now I'm debating. So very temping but boy the price of these does start to add up.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: paintingdinos on March 16, 2022, 10:14:29 PM
He just had to go and make it look incredible, huh? Drat, now I'm debating. So very temping but boy the price of these does start to add up.

Buy the whole set ..then see how makes even better looking exclusives..woof.

ceratopsian

I wasn't excited at all by the artwork. The physical model is another matter altogether!

paintingdinos

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 16, 2022, 10:27:16 PM

Clearly the solution is to sell the kickstarter exclusive Monoclonius on ebay for a disgustingly inflated price, then reinvest in even more BOTM.

... I kid O:-)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: paintingdinos on March 16, 2022, 10:33:30 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 16, 2022, 10:27:16 PM

Clearly the solution is to sell the kickstarter exclusive Monoclonius on ebay for a disgustingly inflated price, then reinvest in even more BOTM.

... I kid O:-)

But I like it too... lol

Faelrin

They finally arrived. After 2 years + of waiting. So little backstory, over the past two years I had been working with David to get these paid off, since I ended up ordering way more thinking I could afford them before the backerkit lockdown, but well stuff happens and I wasn't able too. Thankfully he was willing to work with me to pay them back in bits. Unfortunately things really went downhill for us (my family) financially, even more so after we caught covid in November 2020, and the financial and health consequences of it (I can't stress enough to get vaccinated!) which really slowed things down, which ultimately played a role in why my father lost his job, etc. Well he won his social security disability case, and I was able to pay off  the rest that I owed him then with some of what came in this week. Rest is going to go towards getting bills caught up, getting credit fixed, and hopefully a house, since we need to be out of here in 90 days.

Anyways back to the meat at hand, I was not expecting these to ship so fast (even if NJ is a few hours away). I just paid him Tuesday night. No tracking, no message in kickstarter. This was a total surprise, although I was aware that paying would mean they would ship soon. David really has my heartfelt thanks for having the patience and working with me throughout all, and support as well. This is why I will continue to support his lines, you know aside from the awesome action figures I can get for myself out of it.

Here is everything I ordered (Pentaceratops, adult Triceratops, Centrosaurus, Pachyrhinosaurus, Styracosaurus, Regaliceratops, sub adult Triceratops, 1/6 scale Protoceratops, KS Exclusive Monoclonius/juvenile Centrosaurus, Zuniceratops, 1/6 Psittacosaurus, and the Diabloceratops):
Spoiler

[close]
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Eocarcharia

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin Congratulations! Sorry about all you've been going through. At least you've got some awesome new dinosaurs? I'll admit, with how active you've been in this thread (and the rest of the BotM threads), I totally forgot that you didn't actually have any yet.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Congrats avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin at least you have a nice big package, must be worth the wait to have all that goodness arrive. And I think my appreciation for Mr Silva has just increased.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

ceratopsian

Psittacoraptor

Medusaceratops Fan's Choice package art. The fairy tale-vibe is very different from the others, I love it!

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin Congrats on the big haul, and what a wonderful story behind it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on March 24, 2022, 06:25:11 PM
Medusaceratops Fan's Choice package art. The fairy tale-vibe is very different from the others, I love it!

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin Congrats on the big haul, and what a wonderful story behind it.

Thanks for the fantasy comparison. I immediately went to a Disney Princess singing. The things my niece has put into my head.. lol

Brontozaurus

I'm keen for the Medusaceratops but I want to see a video review first to see how the iridescence effect looks.

Also does anyone here know what body type it has? I've got the Monoclonius, small Triceratops and Centrosaurus, but if Medusaceratops is Centro-sized I'm not sure if I'll have room for it!
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Flaffy

Quote from: Brontozaurus on March 24, 2022, 10:56:22 PM
I'm keen for the Medusaceratops but I want to see a video review first to see how the iridescence effect looks.

Also does anyone here know what body type it has? I've got the Monoclonius, small Triceratops and Centrosaurus, but if Medusaceratops is Centro-sized I'm not sure if I'll have room for it!

Styracosaurus sized. Body 3 I believe.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: