You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Fossil horseshoe crabs with injuries and deformities

Started by Halichoeres, June 16, 2018, 07:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Ravonium

Thanks for sharing. Those are some nice deformed specimens of Limulus the researchers for this paper have got right there  :o  The fork-tail ones look a bit like giant Triops, and the short-tailed one looks almost like a modern trilobite.

Gwangi

I got to watch the yearly spawning of the Atlantic horseshoe crabs in Delaware bay a few weeks ago. One of the coolest things I've seen in my entire life. When we got there is was empty beaches with one crab here or there but as the tide came in so did the crabs until there were thousands. I should upload some pictures. To think, they've been spawning on beaches this way for the last 400 million years!

Mini Minmi

OH wow that must've been quite the experience!

While they creep me out a little (I'm not sure why, they look like giant bugs maybe) I love horseshoe crabs because they're just so alien looking and yet so perfect for their environment. They are fascinating animals.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.