News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New DinoToyBlog entries

Started by DinoToyForum, March 12, 2012, 08:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indohyus

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 22, 2021, 07:22:23 PM
Quote from: indohyus on March 22, 2021, 06:52:16 PM
Another Yowie figure, though a perplexing one, the Giralia Pterosaur.

http://dinotoyblog.com/2021/03/22/giralia-pterosaur-lost-kingdoms-series-b-by-yowie/

I like that little figure!

Glad you do! It's really charming, just try not to think about what it actually is.

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SidB

Thanks for keeping track of this, and making us aware of this, @ suspsy.

suspsy

Not hard to keep track really, given that the drop down menu on the blog tells you how many reviews each genus has.

Mind, not every single review has a genus tagged, unfortunately.

Fembrogon

Quote from: suspsy on March 24, 2021, 10:41:38 AM
This is the 90th Triceratops review on the blog!
http://dinotoyblog.com/2021/03/24/triceratops-plush-kohls-yottoy/
Oh, cool, I had no idea! That's delightful.

I think I caught a typo in the review however (not sure how I missed it before):
Quote...but I suppose that would have probably would have affected the toy's price.

suspsy

Halichoeres

Nice review, avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon, good to see the big vinyl one on the blog.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Fembrogon

Thanks! A special shout-out to you, too, avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres , since your comments/reviews helped guide my research for the review.

Gwangi

Halichoeres

One step closer to completing the Marx page! Nice review.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

How many Marx toys are left to review now?

Gwangi

Quote from: suspsy on March 30, 2021, 06:31:30 PM

Not counting variants or the cavemen, but still including both T. rex, I believe there are 23 Marx prehistoric animals in total. I've reviewed 10 so far and Lanthanotus has done 3, so it looks like there are 10 left. avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum has a couple he wants to review too, the Struthiomimus and Iguanodon I believe.

Fembrogon

Half or more, I think; none of the original big 3/4 have been done, certainly.
As someone who just started acquiring Marx toys, I do appreciate seeing the figures getting reviewed one at a time here on the Blog, as an additional source of reference. Thanks, guys!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Gwangi on March 30, 2021, 08:23:59 PM

Not counting variants or the cavemen, but still including both T. rex, I believe there are 23 Marx prehistoric animals in total. I've reviewed 10 so far and Lanthanotus has done 3, so it looks like there are 10 left. avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum has a couple he wants to review too, the Struthiomimus and Iguanodon I believe.

Yeah, they are on my "to do" list... I don't have much time for passion projects these days.

suspsy

Still another review that I originally wrote ages ago, the CollectA Camptosaurus:

http://dinotoyblog.com/2021/03/31/camptosaurus-collecta/

indohyus

Once more, I deep dive into a review of a DinoWaurs figure, my last for the foreseeable future, Mosasaurus.

http://dinotoyblog.com/2021/04/02/mosasaurus-dinowaurs-survival/

indohyus

Libraraptor

Quote from: indohyus on April 06, 2021, 09:22:56 PM
Grab some sunglasses and enjoy my latest review, Kakuru by Yowie!

http://dinotoyblog.com/2021/04/06/kakuru-lost-kingdoms-series-b-by-yowie/

An interesting review of an interesting figure.  :)

EmperorDinobot

Kakuru the opal dino.  I am happy that they made a figure of it.

TY made a bunch of dinos. I have some. Would you like to see them?

Gothmog the Baryonyx

My friend in New Zealand sent me the Kakuru Yowie. It's interesting to see a review of it
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: