News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Warhammer: Seraphon and their pseudo-dinosaur mounts

Started by ITdactyl, July 12, 2018, 08:15:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITdactyl

Does anyone here play/collect Warhammer?

I don't play myself, but I received a loose Frost Phoenix as a gift.  It got me interested so I decided to read through the lore (which apparently is quite extensive) and found that there's a faction previously called lizard-men, and now known as Seraphon (humanoid reptiles riding dinosaurian mounts).  I liked how they mixed the Aztec regalia with the dinosaur mounts, similar to what's being done in Magic: The Gathering.

The designs are a big departure from realistic dinosaurs, enough to be considered fantasy animals (even if the general shapes still evoke familiar species).

I'll probably try to get the Terradon (heh! Pteranodon) and Troglodon (Spinosaurus says: "who you calling ugly?").  My friends are warning me that Warhammer tends to trigger both "collector's fever" and "wallet diarrhea".  I'll try to be careful.

And then there's this kickstarter that has [IMO] better looking figures... (ugh)
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1115856510/lost-kingdom-miniatures-cuetzpal-empire/description

paintingdinos

Its funny you should post this... my SO is really into Warhammer is asked me to go in on getting a set of the kickstarter ones with him.

The only model I'm really interested in is the quetzalcoatl, though. Too bad they aren't going to release it as a standalone. I don't think I can be convinced to spend nearly $400 on lizard people minis :P

But they are really well done. The GW models are neat, but I love the creativity Lost Kingdom's (the chameleon soldiers are great)

ITdactyl

avatar_paintingdinos @paintingdinos  I believe the individual kits will be available for sale soon, if the kickstarter succeeds.  I do hope it gets fully funded so that we can purchase the bigger kits in the future.  Like you, I'm reluctant to spend a lot for entire sets just to get specific kits. (I guess my wishes go against the purpose of the kickstarter... ah well... ;D)

earth108

I also paint and collect miniatures. I had a chance on painting a commissioned work of Lizardmen/Seraphon army. The designs are nice and fun to paint. Here are some of my works. Noted that I didn't finish a base because my customer wanted to make them himself to fit with his display diorama project.

I like how your friend compared collecting and playing Warhammer with "wallet diarrhea" :)) Couldn't agree more.   

Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur
This kit can be chosen to assemble as a Carnosaur or a Troglodon.

Stegadon

Bastiladon

ITdactyl

avatar_earth108 @earth108  Wow! That is awesome work.  Thanks for sharing.  I especially love the detailing you did for the scales - I'm definitely not in that level yet.  How many hours did you spend on that carnosaur?

on that note, please do share more of your work.  MOAR!!! ;D

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.