News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Species identification thread

Started by Takama, August 10, 2012, 11:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Self explanatory in the title, "What species is this figure"

I was planning on asking  that for one figure in another thread, but then I thought I start one for all figures. ;)

To start off

What Species is the Papo Brachiosaurus?

I assume its B Branci AKA Girafatitan, is my assumption correct?

also, if you have a similar question for another figure, this is the place to put it.

CityRaptor

Well, it is based on the JP one, with maybe some influences from Disney's Dinosaur. So yes, like most Brachiosaurus Toys out there, it is Giraffatitan.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

We do already have an ID thread .  If you want to discuss the inspiration or species of the new Brachio it can be done in the 2012 thread..I do believe it was discussed already though so you might look for it as well. :)

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 11, 2012, 06:00:36 PM
We do already have an ID thread .  If you want to discuss the inspiration or species of the new Brachio it can be done in the 2012 thread..I do believe it was discussed already though so you might look for it as well. :)

But then we wouldn't have another thread! ;D

Although, seriously, these thread can have a purpose--like trying to figure out which genus (species? good luck) is represented by Bullyland's large ammonite (the 'small' is Perisphinctes) or trilobite.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.