News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

Big couple of weeks for me.
First, finally took some pictures of the ugly rebor carno I finally added to my collection.

Ugly brute. But I could never say no to a carnotaurus model.

Next, with the recent price drop in Mattel's epic roaring' tyrannosaurus rex, I finally added one to my collection.

Along with a proceratosaurus

Was totally shocked to see the new postosuchus showing up where I'm at. Also saw the new pachycephalosaurus, but I didn't particularly want or need that one. That being said, with Target's current sale going on for Jurassic items, I basically got it for change when I finally decided to get the Escape from Isla Nublar story pack.

And speaking of Jurassic, I got an original kenner trike with wound cover for pretty cheap. I intended to just take its cover and use it in my first one, but they are actually quite different in color, so it doesn't quite work. Haven't decided if I'm going to sell my old one now, but there they are together.

Got another battat mini, this time the Utahraptor. I think I now have eight more to track down of these minis and just one more full size one!

Gotta teach them young.

And possibly my most exciting additions were these two nanmus that just showed up. The mosasaurus is more or less what I expected, but that rex is something special!

"There must be some sort of mistake! I'll just show myself out."

Shonisaurus

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking My congratulations on your acquisitions, as I mentioned in another thread, the mosaurus and especially the hyper-realistic tyrannosaurus of Nanmu are fabulous. Lucky you who have already received the Nanmu mosaurus! Mine hasn't arrived yet.

Faelrin

Looks like a lot of us got that Escape from Isla Nublar set it looks like. Really is worth it though.

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Quite the impressive haul there. Lots of beauties in there, aside from the one I mentioned above.

Despite the Rebor Carnotaurus having some anatomical issues I still quite love this one, and glad to have added it to my collection this year.

Regarding the Proceratosaurus, that reminded me of something I forgot to post about earlier. I think I understand where Mattel got the inspiration for its sculpt now. After playing with a mod for JWE that changed up the look of the Proceratosaurus in game to resemble the one on the brochure thing for the first film, it made me realize that's probably what Mattel may have been referencing when sculpting it, versus going with a more modern take on it (which was before the discovery of Guanlong, which modern reconstructions have taken into account, and is far more likely it resembled, versus the Ceratosaurus like take that was done earlier on, hence its name as well). It certainly seems close enough anyways.

https://www.icollector.com/Jurassic-Park-Brochure_i26257694

Anyways enough of that, but back to the stuff you've gotten. Congrats on finding the Postosuchus and Pachycephalosaurus. Glad those seem to be showing up more now.

Those Battat Utahraptors you got are also still lovely for what are now retro takes on them. They look great alongside the Pentaceratops as well, and I can't help but think of the scene in WWD (which come to think of it have a similarly colored Utahraptor), where they hunt down an "Iguanodon".

The Namnu figures look great too, but something I have to pass on unfortunately with all my spending on other brands (mostly Mattel, BotM, and Safari Ltd at this point).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Eocarcharia

Here's something I never expected to see. Two Targets that I went in today had the first wave of Primal Attack Savage Strikes. Got a Charlie, but no sign of Sauropelta at either of them. But at least it's something new after nothing but the same Dino Rivals Savage Strikes for over a year.

Carnoking

I have no idea why it took me so long to add Rebor's Vanilla Ice to my collection, as Peter Jackson's King Kong had a huge impact on my life. It's a glorious model, so good that I might have to get the jungle variant to have a mated pair.

Also, Nedry finally came today. Now I hope I don't have to use EE anytime soon.

PrimevalRaptor

Originally visited the closest Müller store to grab the Papo Carnotaurus after I picked up the Gorgosaurus last time, however the paint application on the face and the way the jaw was attached looked way worse than most of the ones you see online, so I passed.
They had some other Papos too like the repainted Allosaurus, green running T.rex, old Spinosaurus and the standing brown T.rex, but what caught my eye was the old Triceratops.

Especially considering it's 15 years old now, it still holds up fairly well and it's big, lot of bang for your buck as they say. :D
Of course the colors are more reminiscent of old Replica Saurus models and the Safari one wins on accuracy but it's still a real eyecatcher (and I like the slightly curved pose a lot).

Shonisaurus

My congratulations to Eocarcharia, Carnoking and PrimevalRaptor for your acquisitions, they are all great, both the JW brands of dinosaurs, as well as those of Rebor and Papo are brands of great quality and genius, each one in its artistic philosophy.

Kapitaenosavrvs

I managed to get these two Sega Tyrannosaurs off Ebay for 10Euros together. Also came with an older Triceratops skeleton and half of that was a form, to "sculpt" one hald of the Animal with it. avatar_CityRaptor @CityRaptor, thanks again. The grey one was broken, i just glued it together as a first operation. Both are huge and i kind of like their look. Also, i like that the two heads are a bit different in ther width. I like that a lot. Also, in comparison with the beloved Safari feathered rex.

Sorry for the high amout of pictures.

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on your new acquisitions of SEGA dinosaurs are huge your tyrannosaurus.

Carnoking

And now to never open it.  :P

Shonisaurus

How much did that Titanoboa Carnoking cost you? They are selling it on eBay at completely impossible prices.

Carnoking

Quote from: Shonisaurus on August 29, 2020, 08:27:33 AM
How much did that Titanoboa Carnoking cost you? They are selling it on eBay at completely impossible prices.

Got one of the last ones from mini zoo for around 60 dollars with shipping.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Carnoking on August 29, 2020, 06:25:43 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on August 29, 2020, 08:27:33 AM

Got one of the last ones from mini zoo for around 60 dollars with shipping.

I am happy for you, you have achieved it on time. The Minizoo company is a very compliant company with its customers, I know from experience.

Roselaar

Added another little cutiesaur from Mattel:

Shonisaurus

My congratulations Roselaar on your new dinosaur purchase from Mattel.

Shonisaurus

At last! I just received the mosasaurus from Nanmu Studio about five hours ago, it is an immense figure on the other hand, it is more detailed than I expected. Nice figure.

Faelrin

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus Glad to see that finally came for you. I know you've been waiting a while for that.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Faelrin on August 31, 2020, 11:58:42 PM
avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus Glad to see that finally came for you. I know you've been waiting a while for that.

Thanks for your words. Yes fortunately I finally received such a precious figure from Nanmu. I'm very happy.

ceratopsian

Shonisaurus

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian Thanks for your words. Fortunately, the package arrived at around five in the afternoon, it was brought by a customs official and the positive thing about it is that I did not have to pay customs fees. I am very happy with the new figure, it is very detailed and very beautiful and above all it is immense, that mosasaurus outpaces its PNSO counterpart in terms of size.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: