News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenestra

Shonisaurus, Sorry to read that you're a little disappointed by the Pachyrhinosaurus.

Quote from: Primeval12 on November 12, 2020, 03:23:59 AM
Waiting for me when I get home :D

these are lovely I take it a bag is how they send PNSO figures if you choose no box?
[/quote]

When you choose "no box" it means you will not get the outer art box (with the text and pictures) on it.
The figure will still be send inside the styrofoam box that belongs inside the art box. I always choose this way of shipping, because I believe it helps to avoid custom duties somehow. And yes, when you open the styrofoam box, the Lambeosaurus will be in a plastic bag.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Fenestra @Fenestra Thanks for your words. I am disappointed in the sense that I expected a better figure than the prototype and I honestly expected something better from that ceratopside from the PNSO brand. In any case, the figure within what fits is desirable only for those of us who are collectors and birthday fans. It is a beautiful figure but not as beautiful as the rest of the figures of that brand.

Jose S.M.

Interesting to hear about PNSO's boxed dinosaurs because I bought mine boxed but it was different. It didn't came with a styrofoam cover or plastic bag. It was the outer box and inside it was a small booklet and the figure came between two plastic pieces  shaped like the dinosaur.  Back then when I got the Spinops it was the same.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Thank you for the explanation avatar_Fenestra @Fenestra its good to know the figures are still protected, I had chose  the box option partly as I was worried they would not be as well packed and partly because I really like the cute little information booklet they send with them. I did manage to avoid custom fees but I wont risk again anyway and will wait for avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur to get the rest of the figures on and buy from them.
Like avatar_Jose S.M. @Jose S.M. my boxed figure had no polystyrene at all it it was in plastic  mold with a little booklet.

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus I'm glad to hear you recieved your Pachyrhinosaurus but less so that it was not as good as you'd hoped. You have confirmed for me my decision not to pick up that one.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Faelrin

Look what came today. The Bullyland Nautilus and Belemnite. Could not pass these up after seeing they were on ebay (sorry to the folks I still owe, 😅 I did not want to miss my chance on these).

I am only behind on the two Ammonites and thus would complete the Fossil set (Nautilus isn't part of it but fits in I guess). Then just need to get around to getting CollectA's similar takes.

With the Medusa/Jellyfish I got earlier this year, and Trilobite as well, thanks to ? @Stolpergeist help. Definitely love having my hands on these after being on my wishlist for years.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Reuben03

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on August 05, 2018, 01:37:44 AM
Got these recently, I know its not much, but worth posting right?
JWFK Metriacanthosaurus, "Stygimoloch", Baryonyx, and Parasaurolophus minis.

that metriacanthosaurus is gorgeous, genuinely looks half decent as an actual dinosaur and not just a JP genetic mess Dino, awesome stuff.

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

postsaurischian

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 12, 2020, 09:31:04 PM
I just received the PNSO pachyrhinosaurus ten hours ago, it is honestly a very nice figure, but not as prominent as the previous ones.
The most beautiful thing is the blue eyes, but the protuberance that they have put red in the sickle removes a lot of beauty from the figure, it is in detail modeled and it is small but not small at all. Honestly in my case I prefer Battat's pachyrhinosaurus, Safari (of course perhaps the best) and Papo. From my point of view it is the scientific but less beautiful pachyrhinosaurus of all the ones I have in my collection. It's a loose figure from the 2020 PNSO dinosaur group, and it honestly detracts from my collection with the rest of the figures. I have to admit that in this case from my humble opinion it is even less beautiful than the prototype or the promotional photos. I am sorry for making such a cruel judgment on that figure but in my case I have the right in this case in the sense that I am a consumer of that article and in this case I am more legitimate to have an opinion than with respect to other members of the DTF. I am honestly going to wait for the spinosaurus from PNSO 2020 but sincerely I said, it is a rather weak figure compared to the wonderful images of dinosaurs that PNSO has delighted us this year.

I totally disagree. I like PNSO's Pachyrhinosaurus a lot. Much much better than Papo's and I even prefer it over Battat's and Safari's version.
Once again PNSO mixed up perfectly scientific accuracy and artistic details. To me it's another winner made by them this year :) .

Fenestra

Quote from: Jose S.M. on November 12, 2020, 10:05:06 PM
Interesting to hear about PNSO's boxed dinosaurs because I bought mine boxed but it was different. It didn't came with a styrofoam cover or plastic bag. It was the outer box and inside it was a small booklet and the figure came between two plastic pieces  shaped like the dinosaur.  Back then when I got the Spinops it was the same.

Wow, I'm really surprised to read this. I always figured the styrofoam box was part of the original box. Apparently it isn't.
All my figures send "without box" still have the little booklets included by the way.

ceratopsian

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 13, 2020, 07:46:01 AM
.....I like PNSO's Pachyrhinosaurus a lot. Much much better than Papo's and I even prefer it over Battat's and Safari's version.
Once again PNSO mixed up perfectly scientific accuracy and artistic details. To me it's another winner made by them this year :) .

Thanks for posting this avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian.  I value your opinion enormously.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Fenestra on November 12, 2020, 09:57:04 PM
When you choose "no box" it means you will not get the outer art box (with the text and pictures) on it.
The figure will still be send inside the styrofoam box that belongs inside the art box. I always choose this way of shipping, because I believe it helps to avoid custom duties somehow. And yes, when you open the styrofoam box, the Lambeosaurus will be in a plastic bag.
That seems to depend on the seller. When I bought the Ankylosaurus they shipped it with the inner plastic clamshell box molded to the figure, just missing the outer carboard part. This is the same as the standard inner part of the real packaging (I bought the Stegosaurus with box, and that's what's inside). My Lambeosaurus and Tuojiangosaurus shipped in plastic Ziploc bags as shown in Primeval12's photo. They were both packed in baggies together inside a large Styrofoam container, but it was very large and not the same as the inner part of the official box. The problem with this is there's a chance of bending because unlike the official box, it is not molded to the figure. I'm assuming if I had only ordered one figure, it would have been a smaller Styrofoam shipping container. This is from Model Toy Center(?) fyi, the Anky was from a different seller who did send it with the inner portion of the real box.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Dame Aelis

Today, the delivery guy has been kind to me, has two packages arrive.

At first, a cheap second hand lot than I bought for the good old kenner 'raptor:

And this big guy arrives!

I particulery likes its wide mouth, good recreation of the movie:

IMG_20201112_171728

Interestingly, it has on his belly a trap for batteries (sorry forgot to take a pic. Imagine the exact form of a batterie trap, perfectly and clearly cut in the plastic). No screw there, the part is glued with the body. I don't remenber it exists an electronic version, maybe an abandonned option by Mattel?

I will be happy to compare him with other big mattel guy on request :)

Shonisaurus

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin My congratulations on your new acquisitions. Undoubtedly those ancient figures of dinosaurs and only locating them at least in my case is appreciated. Honestly, Bullyland made very pretty invertebrate figures. Let's hope that in the near future, God willing, that company of prehistoric animals can be recovered, which especially for older generations, at least to me, is a mark of very fond memory.

avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian  My opinion about the PNSO pachyrhinosaurus is positive but in my case I maintain my personal opinion unchanged. In my case I cannot comment on whether it is more scientific or less scientific with arguments like other DTF members and even with you. I am a collector metaphorically speaking of non-expert works of art, unfortunately for me in paleontology I speak from a personal point of view about that pachyrhinosaurus I like more from an aesthetic point of view figures like those of Battat and those of Safari on the other hand I like that garish reddish color on the sickle although I have to say that it gives a majestic image to the figure but it does not convince me I would have preferred a more traditional color or even a war makeup color like the atopodentatus that red paint on the sickle It doesn't fit me, but it's a personal opinion.

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx Thank you for your kind words. They are always welcome by you, but on the other hand my opinion or my impressions of the pachyrhinosaurus do not take it at face value I am simply a collector like you and like most of the members of the DTF and I am not doing negative propaganda in this way On the PNSO dinosaur figures and their toys, it is an objective opinion on the other hand in the message that I have left in the previous post with my own words is the following:

"In any case, the figure he fits into is desirable only for those of us who are collectors and dinosaurs fans."

As far as I know here, the vast majority of us are collectors at least and to a lesser extent dinosaur fans, which means that from my humble opinion anyone from the DTF and even children may be interested in that PNSO figure. In my case I explained perhaps more and I apologize. On the other hand, although it is not mentioned here and I know that they will not ask for an account of it in this case, as is logical, I am never propagandizing nor do I pretend, against certain figures of toy dinosaurs or collectibles in this case for adults of recognized prestige such as the PNSO pachyrhinosaurus that enriches with the rest of the brands that happily exists today the panorama for collectors and young people (adolescents) and children in general.

In short, for me it is not the one you want or not to buy that figure of a dinosaur or prehistoric animal. I am simply making a subjective but not objective comment as I do not have the scientific knowledge and intellect (intellectual knowledge) that a considerable part of DTF members do.

avatar_Dame Aelis @Dame Aelis FAelrin my congratulations on your new acquisitions. Undoubtedly those ancient figures of dinosaurs and only locating them at least in my case is appreciated. Honestly, Bullyland made very pretty invertebrate figures. Let's hope that in the near future, God willing, that company of prehistoric animals can be recovered, which especially for older generations, at least to me, is a mark of very fond memory.

postsaurischian My opinion about the PNSO pachyrhinosaurus is positive but in my case I maintain my personal opinion unchanged. In my case I cannot comment on whether it is more scientific or less scientific with arguments like other DTF members and even with you. I am a collector metaphorically speaking of non-expert works of art, unfortunately for me in paleontology I speak from a personal point of view about that pachyrhinosaurus I like more from an aesthetic point of view figures like those of Battat and those of Safari on the other hand I like that garish reddish color on the sickle although I have to say that it gives a majestic image to the figure but it does not convince me I would have preferred a more traditional color or even a war makeup color like the atopodentatus that red paint on the sickle It doesn't fit me, but it's a personal opinion.

Gothmog the Baryonyx Thank you for your kind words. They are always welcome by you, but on the other hand my opinion or my impressions of the pachyrhinosaurus do not take it at face value I am simply a collector like you and like most of the members of the DTF and I am not doing negative propaganda in this way On the PNSO dinosaur figures and their toys, it is an objective opinion on the other hand in the message that I have left in the previous post with my own words is the following:

"In any case, the figure it fits into is desirable only for those of us who are collectors and fans of dinosaurs."

As far as I know here, the vast majority of us are collectors at least and to a lesser extent dinosaur fans, which means that from my humble opinion anyone from the DTF and even children may be interested in that PNSO figure. In my case I explained perhaps more and I apologize. On the other hand, although it is not mentioned here and I know that they will not ask for an account of it in this case, as is logical, I am never propagandizing nor do I pretend, against certain figures of toy dinosaurs or collectibles in this case for adults of recognized prestige such as the PNSO pachyrhinosaurus that enriches with the rest of the brands that happily exists today the panorama for collectors and young people (adolescents) and children in general.

In short, for me it is not the one you want or not to buy that figure of a dinosaur or prehistoric animal. I am simply making a subjective but not objective comment as I do not have the scientific knowledge and intellect (intellectual knowledge) that a considerable part of DTF members do.

avatar_Dame Aelis @Dame Aelis My congratulations for your new Kenner and JW figures among others sincerely although I do not collect those figures like Kenner's I have to admit that they are more fun or more enjoyable dinosaur figures for children and adults who know very little or do not know not at all the dinosaurs that I or most DTF members collect.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Wow Shoni, what a Text!
I skipped the Pachyrhinosaurus from PNSO, because i was unsure and yes, i do not have a single ceratopsian. I really don't know why.

In case of the Packaging on AliExpress. Everytime was fine since the first Order. I ordered the PNSO SPino with the Box and the Corytho and Lambeo without. We'll see. It was from Model Toy Center.

I really do not want to crush this discussion with my Photos, but it should work.
Today a recieved a Package from a Friend with a 3d Printer and he printed me a Testfigure. He glued averything together, but i startet to cut it down to pieces again, to clean and glue it properly, work on the seams. Luckyly, the Glue wansn't that good and i could get it back to pieces. This is my first "build it yourself" Figure. Kind of. I like the Sculpt alot and i will be a (sry) gorey Diorama with a Corpse i want to Sculpt. There is also another, second rex in the making right now in the Printer, that fits this scenario. It was sclaed down to 60%, because it it big enough this way. I am so exited! I think i need a 3d Printer sometime...:D

Heres Some Pictures. The last one is after the other pics

I hope, i get i a bit smooth in the End. The Tree is just there, to get it to stand. There will be a Corpse underneath in the End.

Kotori_Sonoda

Yesterday was Friday the 13th but it seems luck was smiling on me that day!

This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.

Jurassic Park toys collector

Shonisaurus

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs To be your first figure made with a 3D printer, it has turned out quite well, I cannot imagine how the later ones will be logically much better, it rivals and I sincerely say it with other brands of cult toy dinosaurs for me, such as those shown in the photograph. Honestly keep it up and you will achieve your goal of making dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals of outstanding quality. My congratulations.

avatar_Kotori_Sonoda @Kotori_Sonoda My congratulations on your new sinoceratops based on the JW movie, it is spectacular, sincerely I would like perhaps, over time, to buy one and to keep my Nanmu Studio sinoceratops company that color that Mattel gives that ceratopstid captivates me.

Lanthanotus

PNSO Porealopelta dropped at my doorstep yesterday,... phenomenal figure,
review postponed to tomorrow (with much better pics ;)), so stay tuned.

ceratopsian

The Borealopelta looks good in an outdoor setting.  A pleasure to come for me!

Libraraptor

Shonisaurus

avatar_Lanthanotus @Lanthanotus My congratulations on your new acquisition. It is honestly much better than its Collecta counterpart.

AcroSauroTaurus

Just the JW Majungasaurus.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: