News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gothmog the Baryonyx

How lovely to get those old Schleich's, especially the classic Macrauchenia that is obviously your favourite too
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Concavenator

Not really acquisitions since they haven't arrived yet but I ordered 2 very exciting figures for me: the PNSO Qianzhousaurus (my first PNSO figure  :D) and the first non-Triceratops Eofauna figure (of course, still planning on getting this one) in this thread in quite a lot of time: Mammuthus trogontherii.

I'm excited for the Qianzhousaurus for several reasons.
A)I remember the moment when the species was first announced (2014).
B) I also remember Zhao Chuang's illustration that appeared everywhere on the press that showed it hunting an oviraptorid. It had a rainbow colored plumage. And this model is also made by the same person  :)) Isn't that great? It will be one of those figures in my collection I'll be particularly proud of, similar to Safari's Pteranodon since it was sculpted by avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson and he also made those impressive Pteranodon models at the Canadian Museum of Nature.
C) I have been wanting an Alioramus figure for some time. This is no Alioramus but at least I'll have a member of the Alioramini in my collection!

I recently sold a lot of old Schleich figures I had. Most were in pretty neat condition, but I also sold my Schleich 2002 Woolly Mammoth from my childhood as it was pretty beaten up. I'm not a commited non-dinosaur collector as some of you may know, but even for someone like me, I was feeling a bit empty not having a single mammoth in my collection. I went straight for what I consider the best (at least to my knowledge) mammoth figure, at least widely available. So, I won't have a M.primigenius in my collection but I'll have a M.trogontherii  :P

Thialfi

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on March 18, 2021, 08:51:15 PM
How lovely to get those old Schleich's, especially the classic Macrauchenia that is obviously your favourite too
Thank you! And you are right, there is a certain charm about these old Schleich figures. I am actually quite content to own them, and the macrauchenia looks, surprisingly, rather modern, in a sense that I wouldn't mind it at all was it sold these days.

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator ohhh that's an amazing upgrade, that M. trogontherii is such a masterpiece. It really feels alive. EoFauna and proboscidea are such a great combination. Hope you get your new figures soon!

Concavenator

Quote from: Thialfi on March 18, 2021, 11:29:48 PM
Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on March 18, 2021, 08:51:15 PM
Thank you! And you are right, there is a certain charm about these old Schleich figures. I am actually quite content to own them, and the macrauchenia looks, surprisingly, rather modern, in a sense that I wouldn't mind it at all was it sold these days.

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator ohhh that's an amazing upgrade, that M. trogontherii is such a masterpiece. It really feels alive. EoFauna and proboscidea are such a great combination. Hope you get your new figures soon!
I know it will be great  :) I have Eofauna's Giganotosaurus and Atlasaurus and all I can say is that Eofauna's figures are something else. And it seems proboscideans are their preference, so this is a fantastic addition.
Congrats to you as well for the old Schleichs, it is quite rare seeing someone getting those these days, enjoy them!

Halichoeres

Something new in from Germany:
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

BlueKrono

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 19, 2021, 12:40:01 PM

Ooh, shinies! What kind of fish are those? And are they from a site or an individual?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

Quote from: BlueKrono on March 19, 2021, 01:01:04 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on March 19, 2021, 12:40:01 PM

Ooh, shinies! What kind of fish are those? And are they from a site or an individual?

They're from Schmalkalder. I'm still working out the identities, but at least one is certainly unique. I'll have more details in my collection thread, don't want to clutter up this space with my speculations.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

sauroid

avatar_Duna @Duna and avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi congrats on acquiring those classic figures. that WWD Iguanodon is one of my most coveted figures in my wish list.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Libraraptor

They arrived!  Triceratops by Eofauna and baby Montanoceratops by Gimiki Journey.

Concavenator

Congrats avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor, that Eofauna Triceratops is majestic.

Most of the time I´m lazy to post pictures of my acquisitons or my collection, but I´m going to give it a try. I still have to show you all my collection, it´s been so much since I don´t do any update to my collection thread. Might get around to it when I have some free time, college has me busy  :P
Anyways, these are my acquisitions of this year so far. I´ve been getting more figures than I usually do because I have decided that, after I buy some more figures, it will be complete and it will end.

The gorgeous Safari Deinonychus which I got for Christmas. I already expressed my happines with this one previously, but after all this time it feels amazing to finally have a proper (and my first!) version of this amazing dinosaur. Already in the top 3 favorite figures in my entire collection. Hats off to avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson
Also it stands with the tail off the ground!

The recently acquired Papo Pentaceratops and Gorgosaurus, which can be barely seen next to it. The Penta is a sight to behold. On the lower shelf, the Papo Megaloceros, which I got at the same time as the Gorgosaurus. Really like it. And the Eofauna Steppe Mammoth, which I got today. Like the other Eofauna figures I have, what else can be said about it? It´s just so good... Replaces my old and super beaten-up Schleich Woolly Mammoth, which I already sold.

My first PNSO figure ever!

So glad to finally have a figure of this species in my collection. When I unpacked it I remembered the line:"Never judge a figure until you see it in person". From my experience, this one looks so much better in hand. When I saw the promo pics of this one, I wasn´t too interested. Then I saw more pics and video reviews and there were times when it looked good, others really good and other times it didn´t look so good. But I decided to give it a try, and now that I finally have it, I can say that it´s fantastic. One of the things that really surprised me is how well painted it is. Also it stands really well even without the rod, but I´ll leave it with it anyways.

And one last pic, where you can also see the Safari Pteranodon that I recently got. Wonderful figure as well, and the first modern representation of a pterosaur in my collection. I hope the pics can be seen well and that the quality is at least decent, these were very quick phone shots.

Also I ordered the Safari Vagaceratops today! It´s a figure I have known since many years ago but never found the occasion to get it. As is the case with Safari´s ceratopsians, it´s lovely and very well made. Looking forward to it arriving!

Faelrin

Lots of great and interesting hauls folks have been posting as of late. Sorry I haven't really said much more lately here though.

I got my four figures ordered from Dejankins a few days ago. All retired now I think. I got the Safari Ltd Einiosaurus and Nasutoceratops, and Southlands Replicas Diprotodon and Thylacine. I think the Diprotodon is one of the most beautiful mammals I have in my collection now. I like how big it is too. Glad I finally got my hands on all of these with how many years I've been behind on them. Now if only I could just track down the Thylacoleo some day.

Also I can't believe how many years it's been since I last got an order from Dejankins I think (unless I did last year and don't remember right now, as my memory has been a wreck lately). I really think I need to order more from there in the future. Things are packed so well. Plus I really ought to prioritize getting and knocking off many of the retired figures on my wishlist they still carry in the meantime (as the budget allows).

Edit: So I missed this one earlier, despite it arriving with my Dejankins package because I thought it was for my mother but after she called me and asked me to open it we both realized it was the Mattel Gallimimus bought on ebay.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Gothmog the Baryonyx

You all have lovely hauls with nice figures  :)

I hope to see more of your collection in future avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator you have an eye for great figures too.

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin congrats also on your lovely items, I hope you manage to get that Thylacoleo too.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Concavenator

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on March 22, 2021, 11:47:47 PM
You all have lovely hauls with nice figures  :)

I hope to see more of your collection in future avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator you have an eye for great figures too.

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin congrats also on your lovely items, I hope you manage to get that Thylacoleo too.
Thanks!  :) My collection may not be very large, but I certainly go for quality figures.

Halichoeres

Glad to see you got those while the getting's good, avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin. I wonder sometimes if the fact that in 2015 both CollectA and Safari released Nasutoceratops, and then in 2017 they both released Einiosaurus, hurt sales for all four figures. I only bought the Safari versions, but somebody a little stricter about scale might have bought just the CollectA versions. I'm sure plenty of people bought both, but I have to imagine that each would have sold better if it didn't have the competition.

Faelrin

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx Thanks. Just gotta keep a watchful eye out, and maybe I'll get the luck of getting one.

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Yes that's a very fair point. Such a shame as all are lovely renditions. At least I'm glad to have these. Ditto for the Southlands figures. Even more impressive in hand.

And I managed to get yet another set of figures on my wishlist after all this time (since like 2017 I think). None other then the Rebor Deinonychus trio. I still hope to get my hands on the Acrocanthosaurus someday (and may as well grab the Tenontosaurus corpse for the complete set). I really do love these little guys. Feels surreal to hold them after all this time.

More pics on my instagram post here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CMxFrJ1l5sb/

With a quick comparison of some of my favorite dromaeosaur stuff:

And if that wasn't enough not even an hour later, my bookcase also arrived. Not quite finished yet (and lord knows I still have to get my figures transferred over and set up on it). I also did some massive cleaning out of things in my closet (and still not quite done yet, but at least there's finally more room in there). My feet are killing me, but at least I'm mostly done tonight now and can just let them rest.

Newt

I ordered some Safari toys. I was not entirely pleased with the shipping - they were just jumbled into an oversized box with no packing material. There are some scuffs and scrapes, but nothing too bad. Quetz's bill is pretty badly warped. Oh well.

Safari Dimetrodon by Nathan Parker, on Flickr

Dimetrodon: "Eat your heart out, Smilodon! I can roar majestically off a precipice just as well as you!"

Safari Coelophysis by Nathan Parker, on Flickr

Coelophysis can't find its keys.

Safari Allosaurus + Camarasaurus by Nathan Parker, on Flickr

Allosaurus: "So I says to her, I says..."
Camarasaurus: "Is there a point to this story?"

Safari Quetzalcoatlus by Nathan Parker, on Flickr

Quetzalcoatlus dirt diving.

Safari Megacerops + Uintatherium by Nathan Parker, on Flickr

Megacerops and Uintatherium commiserating at the official meeting of the Not a Rhino Society, Eocene Chapter.

Safari Mammut by Nathan Parker, on Flickr

Mammut knows the value of stopping now and again to smell the colossal hyacinths.

Faelrin

avatar_Newt @Newt Congrats on getting all of those. Some real beauties those all are. I enjoyed the little descriptions as well. Wonderful pictures too.

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Newt @Newt those are some funny collection photos. Thanks for sharing and congrats. I hope your shipping service is better next time

Halichoeres

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin Nice bookcase, and sorely needed, if you don't mind my saying so :)

avatar_Newt @Newt mine were carelessly packed also. The plastic bags help some, but they definitely could have used a little padding. Nice photos! Well and truly spring where you are, I see.

sauroid

cool new figures everyone. *jealous*
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: