News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

It's a bootleg of the CollectA.

stoneage

:)  How does that Kronosaurus compare with the Collecta version?

Thialfi

Wooooow, what an amazing acquisitions of y'all! I can't point out every single post but it always give me joy to see people truly appreciate their new models 💕

My little bunch of beasties I received this week - so happy with all of them. That CollectA trio is absolutely unique and so full of character and detail for such small figures. I adore them. And the Vitae tiantaiosaurus really stole my heart as well - such a unique species, great sculpt and paint -:and a beautiful base! I love bases.

Fembrogon

I mentioned this bunch on the eBay listings thread recently; but since no one went for it, I grabbed it myself.
Honestly, most of these figures I don't care about and will probably resell - several refuse to even stand - but there is one figure which caught my eye in the first place:

It's an original Battat Ceratosaurus - a MINI Ceratosaurus, as another member wisely noted. I know these are pretty rare, so picking up this whole lot for about $20 seemed like a good deal. Now I just need to figure out how to make it stand for more than 5 seconds!

SidB

Congrats on acquiring the mini cerato - they don't come up too often.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs  My congratulations on your beautiful kronosaurus is a beautiful figure of detailed Chinese workmanship. Authentic figure that competes on equal terms with the best brands of toy dinosaurs. I'm glad for you.

avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi My congratulations on your new acquisition, those Collecta figures are impressive. Mine are already on pre-order. I can't wait to pick them up. The same can be said for Vitae's tiantaiosaurus.

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon My congratulations on your new vintage dinosaur purchases. Honestly, for all that batch of vintage figures you have gotten that Battat ceratosaurus from that mythical company for only $ 20 is a complete bargain.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: stargatedalek on May 06, 2021, 07:33:54 PM

No. It is a completely different Sculpt.

S @stoneage To me, this one is better overall. Especially with the touched up Eyes. And for 6,50 Euros... Even the normal ~14 Euros are more than good. It is a classic "Looks completely different" in most Pictures Figure. In Hand it is really(!) nice.  Since i was stuck with the Safari Krono, i am happy to pass on the CollectA and get rid of the Safari. I never liked it. It looks like a cheap Rubbertoy. But again: Thats personal favour.

avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar avatar_sauroid @sauroid avatar_Duna @Duna Thanks! We do not have that much Info on it, but a few fellow members here have it in their collection Threads for more Info. Also, B @Bokisaurus wrote a Review on the white Version on the Blog http://dinotoyblog.com/2021/02/03/kronosaurus-unknown/

Thank you very much, avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus

Congrats to avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi and avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon!

Bread

With Amazon having a sale on PNSO figures, I decided to finally purchase Essien the Spinosaurus! Wonderful figure, but I am still waiting on a figure based on Mark Witton's reconstruction.

Fembrogon

I feel like the new Safari ltd. figure was aiming for the theorized bipedal stance, suggested by Witton and discussed in the latest paper; but it wasn't sculpted in a way that drew attention to it and just ends up looking borderline quadrupedal again.
The PNSO is great, though; it's on the higher price range for this line, but I love mine to bits.

Concavenator

Congrats to everyone! avatar_Bread @Bread avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi , you both have a great eye, the PNSO Spinosaurus and the Vitae Tiantaiosaurus are two of my favorite figures that have been released recently. Really we are being overwhelmed with gorgeous models, but even so, those 2 are real stand outs in my opinion.

Thialfi, where did you get the Tiantaiosaurus from? It's a bit expensive from Dan's Dinosaurs. It used to be on Amazon but now I can't find it.

sauroid

i also recently got the no-base version of PNSO Wilson V1
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Thialfi

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator AliExpress! It was about 25 euros, good deal no?

Shonisaurus

avatar_Bread @Bread My congratulations on your new acquisition, indeed and I know from experience it is a great figure, the spinosaurus from PNSO 2020, it would be great if they took out a spinosaurus in a much larger size.

avatar_sauroid @sauroid My congratulations on your magnificent figure tyrannosaurus Wilson I honestly like that version better than the last PNSO superscientist because this tyrannosaurus has no stability issues. Enjoy it.

For my part, I received from lacitedesnuages.be the two giganotosaurus that are the two new additions to my collection, I have noticed that they have holes in their soles so obviously the base will be made of a fairly resistant resin, but for safety reasons In my case, I don't want the base to break and get upset and for reasons of space, a theropod with a base takes up more space, I have preferred to buy the two giganotosaurus without a base. More photographs in my personal collection.

sauroid

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on May 07, 2021, 02:17:01 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on May 06, 2021, 07:33:54 PM

No. It is a completely different Sculpt.

S @stoneage To me, this one is better overall. Especially with the touched up Eyes. And for 6,50 Euros... Even the normal ~14 Euros are more than good. It is a classic "Looks completely different" in most Pictures Figure. In Hand it is really(!) nice.  Since i was stuck with the Safari Krono, i am happy to pass on the CollectA and get rid of the Safari. I never liked it. It looks like a cheap Rubbertoy. But again: Thats personal favour.

avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar avatar_sauroid @sauroid avatar_Duna @Duna Thanks! We do not have that much Info on it, but a few fellow members here have it in their collection Threads for more Info. Also, B @Bokisaurus wrote a Review on the white Version on the Blog http://dinotoyblog.com/2021/02/03/kronosaurus-unknown/

Thank you very much, avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus

Congrats to avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi and avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon!
thanks for further info re the Kronosaurus. i already ordered mine.

and thanks Shoni. i love that rex too.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SidB

Quote from: sauroid on May 07, 2021, 03:48:47 PM
i also recently got the no-base version of PNSO Wilson V1

I like displaying it alongside 'winter Wilson'. Good color match and different enough in stance to be interesting.

sauroid

S @SidB yeah they'd look great together, i havent even taken pics of the two of them together. btw, is this the 3rd version of the V1 Wilson (i.e. slightly resculpted, repainted, etc)?

Crackington

Been a bit under it at work lately, but managed to score a few oldies off eBay for ok price:

These are old Hong Kong China knock-offs etc but the job-lot did include a small platoon of Jaru Uintatherium and Macrauchenia. I'm keeping these ones pictured above but will get my old "swaps and shops thread going again soon with the rest for trading.

Here are the Jaru mammals again with a micro MPC Ankylosaurus knock off and an interesting Protoceratops, not sure what brand:

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Are you sure those are meant to be Uintatherium, not Eousbasilius?

Lovely acquisitions  :D
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

avatar_Crackington @Crackington My congratulations on these rare figures of prehistoric mammals.

Crackington

Thanks avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus and avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx .

Yes I did a bit of research on here before bidding (I'm in awe of the Forum's collective wisdom 👍) and as far as I could see it's been referred to as Unitatherium.

Not sure at all about accuracy, but it's a nice looking 1980s figure and a cut above Jaru's usual fare.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: