News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon  My congratulations on your new acquisition. In my case, that dimetrodon cost me 2 euros very cheap many years ago.

avatar_Bread @Bread  that allosaurus is really tempting. I'm glad and congratulations on your new acquisition.

Faelrin

Many congrats to folks the past two pages or so. Lots of interesting stuff being posted.

This is about two week's worth of stuff here, but the most important will be the first I go into. My very first three PNSO figures arrived today. I got the Parasaurolophus, Lambeosaurus, and Microraptor. All are absolute beauties. Got them from Model Toy Center (my bad I think I got most of these through My Online Toy store, whoever was the cheapest) on Aliexpress (no box options for all to make it a little cheaper, plus don't have the space for the boxes as is unfortunately). Just in time too as my birthday is coming up soon (the 30th), and I wanted to have these in hand by then. Still waiting for my haul of minis to arrive (all ordered on the same day, but different seller). Now I'm just wondering what to order next? Still have lots to catch up on after all.

The rest of my acquisitions have been Mattel Jurassic World based. Some more Snap Squads, and the last of the Savage Strike raptors (including both variations of the orange one), all on separate days over the past two weeks.

Can't remember if I posted this last one or not, but got the two attack packs for $3 each. All three from Walmart (the Sinoceratops I ordered online to pickup). The Attack Packs were not even in their system yet when I found them. Glad I was able to buy them though.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bread

Thank you avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus! I recommend PNSO's Allosaurus strongly. Best therapod without a doubt from their line.

Congratulations on the haul avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin! PNSO's hadrosaurs are without a doubt the best. Question about the microraptor, is there any noticeable difference with the look or paint with the model? I know some figures receive this odd treatment of colors slightly changing if they are an older model. Tempted to pick this one up if the teeth have been fixed up.

Concavenator

Congrats everyone!

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin how protected did the figures come without the box? I see the hadrosaurs have the tail a little bent on their tips.

Bread

Quote from: Concavenator on May 22, 2021, 11:30:50 PM
Congrats everyone!

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin how protected did the figures come without the box? I see the hadrosaurs have the tail a little bent on their tips.
Sorry to reply to this instead of Faerlin, but sometimes when figures that are ordered without the box from Aliexpress they may come with a slight warped tail. Usually this is because they are packed together. I try to avoid ordering figures together if they are out of the box. I recommend if you are getting a bulk order to select them to come with their box. I too have experienced this tail warp with a bulk order, but of course I rather have this very slight issue rather than spending $5+ for the box.

Faelrin

avatar_Bread @Bread I have not noticed anything too different, at least from what I can notice and comparing it with video reviews of it. Still lots of wonderful iridescence (and it sparkles too much to my delight!). Still has the mix of purple, green, and light blue on it as well, and the purple head feather crest. Maybe tomorrow when I have better lighting to work with I'll get more images of it.

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator I think the legs on the Lambeosaurus may be a little warped (inwards) but it still stands absolutely fine surprisingly. I did not notice the tails being curved until you pointed it out, but I think they still look fine this way. I think the wingtips on the Microraptor are a little curved too, but nothing too severe or perhaps even unnatural looking. No paint scuffs that I have seen (each figure was in a separate plastic bag). Granted I don't even know how resistant to paint scuffs PNSO's figures are. I know its something I deal with quite frequently with Safari Ltd's figures as an example unfortunately.

AcroSauroTaurus

Found this Jurassic Park Dimetrodon at a recent comic/toy show.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Carnoking

I was taking a hiatus from buying dinosaurs given the unacceptable level of excessive collecting I did during the month of April. But I did make an exception with this. I had the REBOR Carnotaurus Requiem on pre-order at BBTS as soon as it came up, and I'll be honest I kind of expected it would take another month or so for them to fill the order anyway, but then I got the email that they were coming into stock and I decided I wasn't waiting any longer. This is a childhood favorite, even more so than the JP rex, and it's finally on my shelf and looking KILLER! Thanks REBOR for making this a reality!

Oh, and Epitaph is here too but it's hard to get as excited for that.

Concavenator

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin avatar_Bread @Bread Thank you both for your input! I usually never order more than a single figure, just wanted to know how reliable would ordering this way be for a figure alone.

Faelrin

avatar_AcroSauroTaurus @AcroSauroTaurus While I had the camo colored repaint of it growing up, that sculpt brought me so much joy as a kid. Congrats on the find.

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Congrats on getting those. Fits very nicely right alongside their Papo prey too.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Co grats on your new acquisitions avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin and avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking
Different t sorts of nice things.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

sauroid

awesome hauls everyone!
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Bread @Bread Thanks for your recommendation, I will buy that figure at everythingdinosaur. It is the only store in Europe that sells PNSO figures and other than that they are exceptional people, both Mike and Sue.

avatar_AcroSauroTaurus @AcroSauroTaurus  My congratulations on your new acquisition. JP / JW figures are sweet tooth figures even if they are articulated

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking  My congratulations on your two new acquisitions, the carnotaurus and the ekrixinatosaurus from Rebor are equally tempting I hope to get them in my case at shopmodellpferdeversand.de whose figures are already available. Nice figures

Fembrogon

I had another vintage haul from eBay arrive over the weekend; however, my enthusiasm was dampened when I opened the package to a strong smoky smell. Thankfully, some washing and airing over yesterday and the night before seem to have removed it.

A few of these I've set aside to resell - don't need those chinasaurs - but most of them I'm keeping. With this batch, I think I actually now have at least one of every "dinosaur" from every Marx mold series (although, technically, I don't know how many of these might be 1970s reissues... *shrugs). I THINK I've sated my vintage craving for now. :))

Faelrin

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon Congrats on the large haul there.

My large haul of PNSO mini's arrived today. Got them from Pop Shack Store on Aliexpress. Glad to be caught up on all of these finally after wanting these for years now. Just two more I want left for now (Tianyulong and Nemicolopterus).

The seller sent in a freebie Wuerhosaurus too which was nice.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Great haul avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin those PNSO minis really are lovely, I hope they make more in future.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon  My congratulations on those adorable vintage figures of prehistoric animals.

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin  My congratulations on those PNSO minis sincerely, they are miniatures that one should collect in their entirety like the rest of all their figures.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Fembrogon on May 24, 2021, 09:01:48 PM
I had another vintage haul from eBay arrive over the weekend; however, my enthusiasm was dampened when I opened the package to a strong smoky smell. Thankfully, some washing and airing over yesterday and the night before seem to have removed it.

A few of these I've set aside to resell - don't need those chinasaurs - but most of them I'm keeping. With this batch, I think I actually now have at least one of every "dinosaur" from every Marx mold series (although, technically, I don't know how many of these might be 1970s reissues... *shrugs). I THINK I've sated my vintage craving for now. :))
did you choose to keep the two purple MPC pieces?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Fembrogon

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on May 25, 2021, 10:59:42 AM
did you choose to keep the two purple MPC pieces?
Yeah, I'm kind of liking the MPCs, even though they weren't specifically what I was looking for. I'm actually curious about the purple Styrac: its horns are blunted, but they appear molded that way. Is it a "faulty" figure or a special version of some sort?

Bokisaurus

Very nice new additions everyone 😃

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: