News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Duna on June 06, 2021, 06:53:40 PM
[...]

They are amazing, not only for their retro sculpture but for the plastic. It looks like it has small shiny particles, the picture is quite bad and it doesn't reflect how cool they are. Nearly all are Ovomaltines, one Henkel (same green too) and I was lucky to find a blue Yoplait stegosaurus. The person whom I bought them from had had them since he was a child and for nearly 50 years.

My congratulations on these rare oddities. I keep my eyes open for some of these for a while, but whenever one appears (which is not often really), it seems that someone with much deeper pockets than mine is nearby :D

Libraraptor

Quote from: Duna on June 06, 2021, 06:53:40 PM
avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking what a fantastic selection of ceratopsians! Those are my favourite, too.

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon those Nabisco and MPC are highly collectible! I adore ALL hard plastic monochrome figures. If only I could collect them too ... By now I only have the Spanish Danone, El Cigarral and Montaplex, Marx (which have been so expensive for me to get because of the shipping costs of nearly 40€) and these little ones I only dreamed to find ...

They are amazing, not only for their retro sculpture but for the plastic. It looks like it has small shiny particles, the picture is quite bad and it doesn't reflect how cool they are. Nearly all are Ovomaltines, one Henkel (same green too) and I was lucky to find a blue Yoplait stegosaurus. The person whom I bought them from had had them since he was a child and for nearly 50 years.

Exactly my cup of tea!

Fembrogon

I had an impulse buy on eBay the other day: a Battat Edmontonia, my first (full-size) classic Battat!

I haven't really been aiming to collect the original Battat line - I know I can't afford that - but I DID want an Edmontonia in my collection, and this fella showed up unexpectedly for a reasonable price. I thought, "THIS might never happen again", so I grabbed it, and here it is. It's a little worn on the edges, but it still looks great. I was not prepared for how soft the model is, though - it feels almost like rubber!  :))
Lovely figure, though. I'm pleased as punch.

BlueKrono

Congratulations! I'm glad you found one you like. Sometimes you gotta strike when the iron's hot when a good deal like that comes up.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Congrats on the beautiful Battat Edmontonia avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Carnoking

Paul showed up quicker than expected. I like this guy a lot, but there's something a bit off about it. I wish I could put my finger on what it is that's throwing me here, but regardless I am quite happy with him.

Faelrin

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon Oh lucky you. Congrats on catching that and scoring it when you did.

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking I think yours is one of the better samples I've seen so far of this one. As far as the head paint goes. Anyways congrats on the arrival.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Gothmog the Baryonyx

This beauty arrived today from aliexpress. The Dino Hazard Irritator. She is straight back into the packing after taking this pic as I have not yet rearranged my collection so that I have space for a 1:12 scale Irritator. I have heard the lungfish is actually based off an extinct species too and have been informed it too was thoroughly researched.
This is an absolutely stunning figure and I hope they continue, and maybe do some more obscure extinct fauna of Brazil.

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Fembrogon

Quote from: Faelrin on June 11, 2021, 12:38:16 AM
avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon Oh lucky you. Congrats on catching that and scoring it when you did.
I have seen a few other Battats on eBay recently, but they were going for higher prices than I cared for (unsurprisingly). The game is often one of time and chance!

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx congrats on the big one! I bit the bullet and ordered one today while the Aliexpress store still had it on sale. I'll have to check out more of the media for this brand/franchise.
Halichoeres did mention in their review for the main blog that the fish is supposed to be Equinoxiodus, which I confess I certainly hadn't heard of before. More (quality) representation for non-dinos is always nice!

Abobo

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on June 11, 2021, 12:56:11 AM
This beauty arrived today from aliexpress. The Dino Hazard Irritator. She is straight back into the packing after taking this pic as I have not yet rearranged my collection so that I have space for a 1:12 scale Irritator. I have heard the lungfish is actually based off an extinct species too and have been informed it too was thoroughly researched.
This is an absolutely stunning figure and I hope they continue, and maybe do some more obscure extinct fauna of Brazil.

A true beauty, congratulations!
what is this version : Basic? Standard or Deluxe?
do you have the ali express link to but it please? thank you

Shonisaurus

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon  My congratulations on that acquisition, it is one of my favorite armored dinosaurs and a great Battat figure.

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking  I congratulate you on your new acquisition, this allosaurus is by far one of the best of its kind on the toy market. Beautiful photographs,

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx  What a figure you have added to your collection, the best irritator on the market by far despite the fact that there are very few figures of that species, I only remember that there is the one from Collecta. My congratulations, and aside from that another prehistoric animal with that beautiful antediluvian fish. By the way that figure is causing you problems when it comes to keeping it standing? I am telling you about it because on the Aliexpress sales site it says that over time you have to glue it, that is, use a glue both the Deluxe and the standard as it loses all stability.

Concavenator

Congratulations, avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking and avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx !Those are some gems you have gotten your hands on.

avatar_Abobo @Abobo that's the Standard version. You can tell because it has a white stripe. The Deluxe also has it, but the overall application is more complex. The Basic doesn't have that line.

Gothmog, hopefully you'll find a way to rearrange your collection, that gorgeous Irritator doesn't belong to a box!  ;) Great to see this overlooked spinosaurid done just so well.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Yes that is the basic. The Irritator was very easy to find on aliexpress.

Also, these arrived today, mid-way through rearranging my collection, some photos of which will be on my thread.

The CollectA Allosaurus jimadseni, as I think I will for now pass on the PNSO and this is a better scale anyway, the Safari Great Dinos Apatosaurus to replace the Namnu which is for sale, a CollectA Narwhal which I have included in photo because it is now in my Pleistocene Europe display. And of course the Marx Hadrosaurus, which is now the oldest model in my collection. He currently sits with my Invicta.

Faelrin

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx Congrats on all your acquisitions.

Huge haul of stuff courtesy of my friend in Germany (Amber Collection Delta, the two Bullyland Mammals, and the two charming figures that where from his childhood) and avatar_brettnj @brettnj (who helped with the Japanese Mcdonald's Jurassic World eggs, and the Favorite figures, which was forwarded to my friend in Germany). Took over 70 days in transit. Tracking never updated after it was processed at Frankfurt (carrier was DHL and/or Deutsche Post) on April 9th. My friend helped me start an investigation with DHL. Got a letter in the mail the other day from USPS asking if I received it yet. I did not then. Called yesterday (they said it never even arrived to the US) and strangely enough it arrived yesterday? Smh. Box was messed up too but thankfully everything looks intact and accounted for.

I will definitely need to restructure my main display shelf once again with the new haul, despite just doing this the other day.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx My congratulations on your new acquisitions, I still do not have the Collecta 2020 allosaurus, oddly enough, it is still not sold in the online stores of my nation.

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin My congratulations on your new acquisitions, among the prehistoric animals that I celebrate you have are from Favorite in particular those prehistoric invertebrates I have adorning my shelves in my bedroom are truly the best Burgess Shale invertebrates that exist on the market.

Duna

I bought this complete collection recently on eBay, the 1998 Walking with dinosaurs 5 skeletons made for Burger King in their mint packages, along with the cardboard box and two leaflets of the promotion. I opened them, of course, to have a look at the species fact sheets inside that are really nice. The eBay seller has still 2 complete collections on sale, one sold and https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133737621408. Please don't lose the oportunity if you like them, they are over 23 years old and in perfect condition.

Here only two pictures, but I added some more about each figure in its corresponding thread (from a decade ago :D): http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=409.msg293621#msg293621

And these were two of my holy grails for my Inpro collection, most of you know how difficult are these two figures to get nowadays. Only the saltoposuchus missing, but it's on the way (I bought one two months ago from a seller but didn't send it to me, thankfully eBay gave me a refund). I like the brontosaurus very much. The trachodon is .... charming.  ;D

Fembrogon

I'm loving the mix of modern and vintage acquisitions up above.

A fellow over on Facebook is setting up a new vintage toy shop online, and I noticed he had just a few Sinclair figures available; so I ordered two color variants I didn't have yet. They arrived right on time today, thoroughly protected in their box and in terrific condition (the Tim Mee [recast] mini was a surprise bonus).

In case anyone else wants to have a look at what they've got, here's the website in question: https://emmitsburg-online-hobbies.ecrater.com/

Crackington

Hi all, I've been a bit AWOL recently, mega busy at work  :(. However, enjoying all the recent figures people are posting, there are some beauties in there and aren't we an eclectic bunch in our choices?

Also, I can't leave this preamble until I thank avatar_Duna @Duna  - you made my day describing Inpros as a holy grail  :)) I thought it was just me and Libraraptor who would even admit to liking them!

I did manage to score a few beasties lately though and wow, they are good ones! I hope you don't mind the dark picture using a flash but it showed them up better than normal lights:

Massive thanks to O @Oammararak  and to avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector, the Evolution of Life figures and the Tethyshadros figures are really beautiful and well worth the wait. Thanks to avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur too for the latter - great service as usual!

Oh, and I forgot to mention the Invicta Blue Whale I got on eBay for a reasonable price - patience can pay off some times 🙂

Everything_Dinosaur

Shonisaurus

avatar_Duna @Duna  my congratulations on your acquisitions you are admirable when it comes to collecting vintage dinosaur figures those WWD dinosaur skeletons I never knew they existed, they are very beautiful, avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon  My congratulations on those Sinclair figures remind me of the good times when one was a child in my case and in which the interested parties of my generation (who to tell the truth were about four crazy people metaphorically speaking) gave a lot of value to those vintage figures that meant and for me they still mean a lot for us but for other DTF members that might pass as my children or my grandchildren to the super-detailed and well-painted toy dinosaur startups must look like a mere shadow of real dinosaurs.

avatar_Crackington @Crackington  My congratulations on your purchases, those wild past tethyshadros are very nice, I hope to buy them over time from everythingdinosaur or urzeitshop. Thanks for sharing those photos.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: