News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Congratulations on all the acquisitions as of lately everyone!

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking what seller did you buy the Wdragon Allosaurus from? Been looking for it for a while now.

Carnoking

Model toy center was the one I found mine at.

Bread

Quote from: Carnoking on December 04, 2021, 07:01:14 PM
Model toy center was the one I found mine at.
Didn't think to check there, thank you!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Never thought I would ever buy geoworld again after I sold off their cheap knock off of the Australian Age of Dinosaurs Australovenator, but I saw a few mammals no one has made when scouring ebay and added one to my watch list. The seller offered discount to watchers so I thought why not? It's definitely the ugliest of the 3 prehistoric horses I have but it's not too bad from the angle I keep it.

Also bought Inpro Heterodontosaurus, still the only figure if this animal

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

UK

So after 40 years it remains the most accurate rendition of the Heterodontosaurus. Inpro were ahead of their time  :)

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your new acquisitions, the hipparion as I already mentioned is the most prominent figure from my personal tastes among your new acquisitions.

Libraraptor

Quote from: UK on December 05, 2021, 09:42:23 AM
So after 40 years it remains the most accurate rendition of the Heterodontosaurus. Inpro were ahead of their time  :)

It looks as if it had ears  ;D

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Lol, it does look a little like ears.

Being the best Heterdontosaurus figure by purely being the only one still makes it the best lol.

My latest acquisitions are a bit more modern than that, and higher quality than both that and the Geoworld

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Thialfi

Quote from: Libraraptor on December 05, 2021, 08:45:48 PM
Quote from: UK on December 05, 2021, 09:42:23 AM

It looks as if it had ears  ;D
A scaly kangaroo! Lovely little figure though!

Fembrogon

Another classic Carnegie from eBay arrived today; this time it's the Tanystropheus from 1999. This is another figure I don't recall specifically desiring as a kid, but it feels good to add to my collection all the same now. These cheap listings are starting to get dangerous for me!

Duna

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon Congrats, that's a very nice figure and a collector item, too.
avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx I like your last lot, too. Those PNSO sea creatures are the best and very desirable. The Lyviatan is the first in my list. I love Inpro heterodontosaurus (I have 3), too, nice little creature!

I haven't shared a pic of my last adquisition. These figures may look uninteresting, but they mean a lot for me, as they they were the two last I needed to complete the full (and vast) French Starlux vintage prehistoric collection. Last year I fell in love deeply with this figures (my advise is not to get any of them or you'll get hooked) :D and I finally completed the collection the classic way: here and there, bidding, searching in dozens of pages. They are incredible (I'll talk more about them in my collection thread another day).

"Trilobite en nodule" and "deinonychus"

Fembrogon

avatar_Duna @Duna, those look pretty neat. It's not often I see a toy cast fossil, or a "vintage" raptor toy preceding all of the JP imitators. Is the trilobite as heavy as it looks?

Duna

Quote from: Fembrogon on December 06, 2021, 10:57:59 PM
avatar_Duna @Duna, those look pretty neat. It's not often I see a toy cast fossil, or a "vintage" raptor toy preceding all of the JP imitators. Is the trilobite as heavy as it looks?
Yes, it's quite heavy. I've read that it was based on a real fossil mold, same as the spirifer. Both are made of solid marbled plastic, but it's the only figure of the collection (along with the Spirifer) made of "common" hard plastic instead of that very hard and brittle material that Starlux used for the rest (but the tusks of the proboscideans were made of flexible plastic).

Shonisaurus

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon  My congratulations is a rare or little treated species in the toy market the tanystropheus especially you have the initial figure with the touch of paint is very beautiful and with the articulated neck you have to be careful so that it does not break.

avatar_Duna @Duna  My congratulations on your Starlux figures, Starlux was a successful company in its day and its "retro" figures are beautiful and for the time they were made they were very well finished. It seems to me that the Starlux figures were made of hard plastic or plaster. It is not like this? I have my doubts what material they were made of, I think it was the same material as the Elastolin brand forest and wild animal families.

AcroSauroTaurus

Just one this time, but I found this Invicta Triceratops at a nearby comic/figure store.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Libraraptor

That Invicta Triceratops is still a statement.

Fembrogon

Nice catch! I wish I knew where to find vintage toys in my area. The Invicta models are a delight.

Skorpio V.

Oh, Kijiji. Why did I ever doubt you?

The Battat Diplodocus

and for $12 DOLLARS!!
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

SidB

Good for you, avatar_Skorpio V. @Skorpio V. , that's a stunning acquisition. There may yet be hope for the rest of us still in the quest for this icon. $12 !!!

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Skorpio V. on December 08, 2021, 03:04:20 AM
The Battat Diplodocus

and for $12 DOLLARS!!
That is vastly spectacular. Quite the deal.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: