News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thialfi

Quote from: Eocarcharia on December 09, 2021, 10:46:00 PM
Nice little bunch of additions avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi

This was my surprise find at Target today:

Thank you, congratulations on your penta as well, definitely one of the better Mattel releases in recent times!

need4swede

Quote from: SidB on December 09, 2021, 10:23:19 PM
Occasionally, a comment will pop up, expressing surprise at the fervor of Batttat affectionados towards this line, now apparently slipping into the past. Posts such as the above, from avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres , avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon and avatar_need4swede @need4swede , echo what has been said previously regarding the value of this brand in articular, and others too, such as Invicta, Marx and Carnegie. It also explains why many react quite passionately when these lines are dismissed as hopelessly outdated and of little worth. The past, when properly situated as part of a vital continuum, can continue as a living tradition and not as a dead hand.

Well said, S @SidB

There's an adage most of you may be familiar with. It's something like "Death comes in two parts; the first is when your heart stops - the second is when you are forgotten."
'Tis to say that one transcends mortality as long as they are remembered and celebrated - a belief that is practiced in many cultures and religions. Mexico's "Día de Muertos" comes to mind, but similar ideas have been shared cross-culturally throughout time.

What we are doing here, on this forum, is actively preserving the life of these figures. Much like the fossilized bones of their biological counterparts; as long as our community lives, they will never die.

- Swede

Shonisaurus

avatar_AcroSauroTaurus @AcroSauroTaurus  My congratulations, that Invicta triceratops is one of the pioneers in the scientific production of dinosaurs, considering the time it was made it is great.

avatar_Skorpio V. @Skorpio V.  My congratulations, How lucky you have been! That figure on some Ebay sales costs a fortune. I'm happy for you, it is one of the best sauropods made to date and the fact is that an old figure and despite the years it is not outdated.

avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi  My congratulations on the prehistoric trees and marine animals. I would like prehistoric trees to have more love from companies and from consumers or buyers of figures.

avatar_Nanuqsaurus @Nanuqsaurus  My congratulations for all your new figures, indeed Eofauna is one of the best brands of toy dinosaurs on the market. It is a pity that the production of figures is so sparse and scarce in quantities but it is compensated by the outstanding quality. The deinotherium, atlasaurus and triceratops of Eofauna, like all their figures, have an unusual finish.

avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia  My congratulations, that pentaceratops matches other products from other dinosaur companies. Mattel JP / JW figures are very good.

SidB

Quote from: need4swede on December 09, 2021, 11:45:20 PM
Quote from: SidB on December 09, 2021, 10:23:19 PM
Occasionally, a comment will pop up, expressing surprise at the fervor of Batttat affectionados towards this line, now apparently slipping into the past. Posts such as the above, from avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres , avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon and avatar_need4swede @need4swede , echo what has been said previously regarding the value of this brand in articular, and others too, such as Invicta, Marx and Carnegie. It also explains why many react quite passionately when these lines are dismissed as hopelessly outdated and of little worth. The past, when properly situated as part of a vital continuum, can continue as a living tradition and not as a dead hand.

Well said, S @SidB

There's an adage most of you may be familiar with. It's something like "Death comes in two parts; the first is when your heart stops - the second is when you are forgotten."
'Tis to say that one transcends mortality as long as they are remembered and celebrated - a belief that is practiced in many cultures and religions. Mexico's "Día de Muertos" comes to mind, but similar ideas have been shared cross-culturally throughout time.

What we are doing here, on this forum, is actively preserving the life of these figures. Much like the fossilized bones of their biological counterparts; as long as our community lives, they will never die.
That's true, I believe and hope. The collections also serve as a memorial of appreciation and respect for the wonderful paleoartists involved in their creation, such as Lorusso and Wenzel and even the late Brian Franczac (painting schemes) for the Battat/ Boston Museum of Science figures. It is good to maintain and cultivate a sense of gratitude. In an intensely analytical subculture, such as ours, that sometimes overflows into a hyper-critical attitude, thankfulness is an important counterbalance.

Dusty Wren

Finally got around to getting the PNSO Olorotitan.

PNSO makes such beautiful hadrosaurs. Looking forward to seeing if the rumored Tsintaosaurus shows up in their next batch of releases.
Check out my customs thread!

Avian

avatar_Dusty Wren @Dusty Wren ill be waiting right along with you! These PNSO releases this year have been stunning, ive definitely got the Olorotitan on my Christmas list this year
You must understand the past before you can change the future.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Congrats avatar_Dusty Wren @Dusty Wren its a gorgeous figure, one of the best
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

avatar_Dusty Wren @Dusty Wren My congratulations on your new acquisition. It is a figure much appreciated by me and I hope to get it at shop.modellpferdeversand.de bypassing the terrible customs of my nation. I also hope that the tsintaosaurus comes out in the next release of PNSO and my biggest wish that it is with a "retro" look like the one in the books from the 90s that I know, I like the hadrosaurid with unicorn even though it is not scientific after the new archaeological revelations. Thanks for sharing.

Concavenator

Congrats everyone!

When it comes to myself, while these aren't exactly acquisitions (since I don't have them just yet), I just ordered my Christmas gifts: the Beasts of the Mesozoic Diabloceratops from Dan's Dinosaurs, EoFauna's sauropod book and the Saurian Field Guide.

These have been on my wishlist for some time. The Diabloceratops is officially going to become my first ever BotM figure, so I'm super excited for it, been wanting to get one of these BotM for a while now (this genus is also one of my favorite ceratopsids and also one of my favorite dinosaurs, so this one was a bit of a must in my book). On the other hand, I'm super happy with EoFauna's theropod book that I recently got, so I'm looking forward to the sauropod book as well. And of course, the new Saurian book is also a must have. All in all, a nice haul is awaiting me!

Mellow Stego

Just came in!

And a couple of shots for size comparison with the JW stegosaurus.

Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your new acquisition. Those JP dinosaurs are great they are standout poseable figures along with the BoTM figures are my two favorite poseable dinosaur figure references.

Eocarcharia

Congrats avatar_Dusty Wren @Dusty Wren and avatar_Mellow Stego @Mellow Stego on your new additions. I look forward to getting both of those myself someday.

And future congrats to avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator. Excellent choices, the BoTM Diabloceratops is very nice, as Eofauna's Theropod (and Sauropod) book. I just received it myself for my Birthday and it's quite good, even though I've only skimmed through it a little.

Speaking of, here's my Birthday and Black Friday haul from a couple weeks ago that I totally forgot to post until now.

I also just got the Jurassic World Mega Destroyers Carcharodontosaurus in the mail today. That's both Mega Destroyers scratched off my list this past week, now I just need that Kentrosaurus and the Ouranosaurus and I should be done with Dino Escape. Bring on Dominion!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Congrats on your Jurassic Park Toys,

I bought another Geoworld, and now have 2 in my collection. This Procoptodon was on Amazon UK. Aside from this and the Yowie I don't think the short-faced kangaroo has any other figures of it.

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Theriz

Quote from: Fembrogon on November 28, 2021, 03:14:09 AM
I further concur, avatar_Duck @Duck; the Safari Camarasaurus is a very hefty and satisfying hunk of PVC. It just might be one of Safari's best in recent years, and that's saying something!

Well, I had another delivery of my own arrive today. My Aliexpress PNSO order arrived early!

Lambeosaurus looks a little out of place in this bunch, I admit.  :)) Nonetheless, all of these figures are lovely. A couple of them have some warping which will need fixing, but they seem to have evaded any obvious paint slop, and the sculpting is excellent on all of them; they're a delight to handle. I doubled the size of my PNSO collection with this lot; it feels good to build the bestiary!

I own the Lambeosaurus, and boy is that a marvel of model making!

Shonisaurus

avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia  My congratulations on your varied purchase of figures and books. Every day I like the JW / JP figures and the PNSO figures more, although I have many of them I am tempted to buy some for Christmas. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx  My congratulations on your new acquisition, honestly Geoworld's mammals are much better in terms of quality than their dinosaurs. This procoptodon is a very attractive figure and makes a very good match with the diprotodon from Soutland Replicas. The Australian fauna of the Cenozoic is very interesting and honestly there should be more love for the prehistoric animals of Australia included, of course its dinosaurs.

Roselaar

Scored a decent collection of older JW Savage Strikes, most of which I was still without. Some wonderful and inspired (or deferentially nostalgic) additions to the line by Mattel here, kudos to the toy designers!

Shonisaurus

avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar  My congratulations. You must have paid a good sum of money to buy so many figures. I'm glad for you.

Duna

Quote from: Roselaar on December 14, 2021, 05:51:42 PM
Scored a decent collection of older JW Savage Strikes, most of which I was still without. Some wonderful and inspired (or deferentially nostalgic) additions to the line by Mattel here, kudos to the toy designers!

Wow you are very lucky. The collection is wonderful, have you managed to get them all? I see some are in another language, where do they come from?

Sim

Yesterday I opened two boxes that came through the post.  In the first there was the PNSO Tarbosaurus and Torvosaurus, and the Safari Daspletosaurus.  In the other box was the orange GR Toys Carcharodontosaurus and the Safari Pachyrhinosaurus.  I'm very happy with all of these!  I'm very pleased to finally have a figure of Torvosaurus tanneri!  The Daspletosaurus was in better condition than the one I aquired previously.  The Pachyrhinosaurus is my first Wild Safari ceratopsian.  And the Carcharodontosaurus is tied for my biggest figure along with the Safari 2017 Diplodocus and the 2019 PNSO Mamenchisaurus.

suspsy

Quote from: Roselaar on December 14, 2021, 05:51:42 PM

Damn that Scutosaurus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: