News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fembrogon

Despite each figure being almost a decade or more separated from the others, those three display quite nicely together!

Roselaar

It has been a good week hunting... :)

Fembrogon

Good grief, that's a humongous haul! Congratulations on your new Jurassic army, haha!

Duna

Congrats avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking for your three new (and old) gems. Thanks to your pictures I am even more convinced to get the Torosaurus, I can't see any flaws on it, it's perfect. I must save some money and I'll buy it, sure.

Wow, avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar, that's a nice catch! All of them of the new Dominion collection? I'm just thinking that probably some of those sets would get coveted or rare in not so many years, as it has happened with the other films. It's like starting in the first line now.
By the way, I like those minis sets with the truck and that Therizinosaurus, it's huge!

need4swede

"Icarus", the Pteranodon
by Stelios Prinaris (SP Art Projects)

"Ruby", the Styracosaurus
by Stelios Prinaris (SP Art Projects)

- Swede

Shonisaurus

avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar  My congratulations on your massive purchase of dinosaurs from Mattel

avatar_need4swede @need4swede  What beautiful figures of Stelios Prinaris! That pteranodon and styracosaurus shows how the quality of the product (resin) makes these figures unmatched. I suppose it will have cost you a large sum of money to buy these two exceptional figures. My congratulations.

TooOldForDinosaurs

avatar_need4swede @need4swede those are exceptionally beautiful models! Congrats from me too  :)

Libraraptor

Great new acquisitions, everyone! I found a small Schleich Spinosaurus today coming with the new issue of the magazine. My watch for scale:

Ostafrikasaurus

Quote from: Libraraptor on April 21, 2022, 11:59:36 AM
Great new acquisitions, everyone! I found a small Schleich Spinosaurus today coming with the new issue of the magazine. My watch for scale:

Is it just me, or is the Spino's paint job reminiscent of the old Carnegie Spinosaurus? To me, it's particularly similar on the sail. I like it.  :)
"Live fast, eat grass, die in a blast." - Late Cretaceous herbivore

Libraraptor

Quote from: Ostafrikasaurus on April 21, 2022, 03:03:23 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on April 21, 2022, 11:59:36 AM

Is it just me, or is the Spino's paint job reminiscent of the old Carnegie Spinosaurus? To me, it's particularly similar on the sail. I like it.  :)

Their colour schemes superficially resemble each other and the painting patterns, too. But a closer look tells me they are actually quite different.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Ostafrikasaurus on April 21, 2022, 03:03:23 PM

The Schleich spinosaurus appears to be based on this model made for Daz 3D software:

https://www.daz3d.com/spinosaurusdr

Bullyland also used this coloration on their spinosaurus:

Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Ostafrikasaurus

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on April 21, 2022, 09:45:02 PM

Bullyland also used this coloration on their spinosaurus:

It's interesting to see how three separate lines, produced at different times, could produce Spinosaurus figures with the same general "tiger stripe" idea, albeit in different pattern applications. I like the Bullyland Spinosaur, although I must say his expression makes him appear quite startled, to say the least! I suppose his reaction is that of a teenage girl realizing that two other girls showed up to prom wearing the same dress as her. :)) :)) :))

Carnoking

Picked up the first of what I'm sure will be many Dominion toys for the collection. A Target employee was kind enough to retrieve the smaller four from the back for me, as my local Target is yet to do a reset. Meanwhile, the rex was an online pickup, and it showed up at the same time as a first edition copy of the original book! More than 30 years later, and it's all lead to this! Do you think Crichton thought it would go this far?

JohannesB

Michael Crichton couldn't care less, I hope  >:D

Duna

Today is one remarkable day in my collecting history  ^-^ ... Last month I got the Invicta painted ichthyosaurus and I was only missing the painted blue whale (as rare as a green dog, I've never seen one on sale) to complete the whole collection (which I never thought of completing by the way, but a year after and one by one, I was almost very near) ... and wonder what has arrived today! And as a birthday surprise!!  :)) The parcel was sent by a friend of mine, it was supposed to be a custom painted Papo baby triceratops (my birthday was on Monday) but with the Easter holidays the parcel arrived today ... I opened it very excited about my little present and ... I almost fainted!! As it was not the baby triceratops but an Invicta painted blue whale! I'm sure my neighbours had to hear my jumps of joy, hehe.
My friend lives in the other side of the country and I had asked him previously if he could help me look for that figure in second hand markets or car boot sales and he never stopped searching for it!

Here it is my precious little one:

It's a wonderful figure. And fully hand painted, I can't even imagine how hard work had had to be to paint the hundred-or-more little lines one by one.

I'll put more pics of the whole collection in my thread, but now only one more pic in comparison to the unpainted hard plastic version. Which is a beauty, too. It doesn't need much more colour, it suits it perfectly. And it's also quite rare.

I'm so happy!!

SidB

Congratulations on your "out of the blue" acquisition, avatar_Duna @Duna .

Thialfi

Wow avatar_Duna @Duna, that's amazing, congratulations!

Now I want a green dog 👀

Libraraptor

Congratultions, avatar_Duna @Duna for completing your Invicta collection, both the painted and the unpainted versions!

Ostafrikasaurus

Quote from: Duna on April 22, 2022, 10:46:16 PM
Today is one remarkable day in my collecting history  ^-^ ... Last month I got the Invicta painted ichthyosaurus and I was only missing the painted blue whale (as rare as a green dog, I've never seen one on sale) to complete the whole collection (which I never thought of completing by the way, but a year after and one by one, I was almost very near) ... and wonder what has arrived today! And as a birthday surprise!!  :)) The parcel was sent by a friend of mine, it was supposed to be a custom painted Papo baby triceratops (my birthday was on Monday) but with the Easter holidays the parcel arrived today ... I opened it very excited about my little present and ... I almost fainted!! As it was not the baby triceratops but an Invicta painted blue whale! I'm sure my neighbours had to hear my jumps of joy, hehe.
My friend lives in the other side of the country and I had asked him previously if he could help me look for that figure in second hand markets or car boot sales and he never stopped searching for it!

It's a wonderful figure. And fully hand painted, I can't even imagine how hard work had had to be to paint the hundred-or-more little lines one by one.

I'll put more pics of the whole collection in my thread, but now only one more pic in comparison to the unpainted hard plastic version. Which is a beauty, too. It doesn't need much more colour, it suits it perfectly. And it's also quite rare.

I'm so happy!!

Congrats on the acquisition.  :) It has an excellent paint job, especially give its age. It truly is a satisfying feeling to round out a collection, isn't it?

Roselaar

Felicitations avatar_Duna @Duna , that's an amazing figure! And a rare find too!

In the meantime, I went on with my Dominion raids and got me a bunch of new Lego sets:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: