News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fembrogon

Another, smaller haul this afternoon. I was out for a short bit and visited my local Target, which was impressively well-stocked with JW merchandise (a whole row of Spinosaurus?? On a physical shelf?!? What sorcery is this??!?). The Quetzalcoatlus is the main new figure that's interested me so far, and thankfully there was just one in front of a row of Yangchuanosaurus. I also took home a Skorpiovenator, because I was warming up to it and was in a good mood.

Kei

This beautiful fella arrived at my doorstep today & I couldn't be more happier about it - Big ups to Gex P Droche from Instagram for making this project possible.

Custom PNSO Zhuchengtyrannus

postsaurischian

:D Awesome repaint - congratulations!

SidB

Yes, avatar_Kei @Kei , it's a terrific repaint. Good reason to be excited about it.

Grimbeard

Awesome repaint of an already great figure, grey and blue are one of my favorite color combinations and this one works REALLY well.

Ostafrikasaurus

Quote from: Kei on April 30, 2022, 09:43:58 AM

Beautiful color palette on the Z-T. The tyrannosaurid figures I usually see are dark reds, greens, and browns, so blue is quite refreshing.  :)
"Live fast, eat grass, die in a blast." - Late Cretaceous herbivore

GojiraGuy1954

This beautiful fella arrived at my doorstep today & I couldn't be more happier about it - Big ups to Gex P Droche from Instagram for making this project possible.

It looks just like the Brumal skin for the Tyrannosaurus from Prehistoric Kingdom
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

need4swede

Wow, she looks gorgeous! Congratulations on your new acquisition!

"Royal Family", Tyrannosaurus Rex
by Stelios Prinaris (SP Art Projects)

- Swede

Grimbeard

Thats the most bird-like rex I have ever seen and thats without being overly feathered, astonishing model! Congratulations !

My big spring haul has arrived today:

Individual pictures:

Eofauna Steppe Mammoth. I am still hoping that Eofauna will release a Wooly Mammoth one day, but this is a great model on its own and has fantastic shelf presence.

CollectA lisowicia. Was planning to add this big guy to my triassic collection for some time now.Such a big and hefty model!. The sculpting and paintjorb are fantastic and very similar to extanct big mammals. Love it!

Speaking of triassic additions, Safari Ltd. Shringasaurus.  As I am used by now from Safari, the model in hand looks MUCH better tha the promo pictures, especially the limbs!

Collecta Struthiomimus. I feel this is the weakest of the group, but its still the best Ornithomimid in the 1:30 - 1:40 scale range. Hopefully, one of the major brands will release another, feathered Ornithomimid some day.

The long boy/girl, Eofauna Diplodocus. I can only agress with all the paised shared in the last few days, this is in my oppinon the best Sauropod model outside of the expensive resin kits/models. The packaging was somewhat...."questionable", but luckly all spines on mine are intact. Having a bit of trouble fitting it in the shelf, but with some angeling he just fits.

She/he currently forms a little herd with Collectas Mamenchisaurus and Papos Apatosaurs, the three scale really well together :)

As a bonus, Papos best dinosaur of 2022  ;). Normally I am not much of a collector of extant animals, but I have a soft spot for corvids and when I saw this little guy in Papos line up for this year, i fell in love.  It REALLY captures the allure of magpies, including the irridesence hue of the feathers. You can almost see the mischief in his eyes  ;D. This little guy now sits right next to my monitor

Lanthanotus

A lot of nice acquisitions here, everyone. Awesome PNSO custom avatar_Kei @Kei, I feel the same about the magpie avatar_Grimbeard @Grimbeard, mine sits next to my monitor too :D ... and avatar_need4swede @need4swede  Now that is one charismatic figure/family. Top notch!

JohannesB

Beautiful acquisitions, everyone!

I got this set arrive in the mail (shout-out to Dan from Dan's Dinosaurs), and I am astonished by how beautiful it is. The detailing is exquisite and very clear, and I love the grey/buff(pinkish) colour scheme:

Fembrogon

Toro's frill looks exquisite indeed.

I was having a bout of nostalgia recently, so I picked up this older Wild Safari Brachiosaurus from eBay for a decent price. In some ways I still like this sculpt better than the newer one; it's just really aesthetically pleasing. It's better-looking than the repaint, too.

Shonisaurus

avatar_JohannesB @JohannesB My congratulations, that torosaurus is beautiful, it far exceeds its WWD counterpart. It is difficult for any company to surpass this figure in beauty, for me it is the best non-articulated torosaurus or rather, with only the articulated jaw in the toy dinosaur world. Among those highly articulated, for me the best torosaurus is David Silva's BoTM.

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon Mis felicitaciones, ese brachiosaurus me hace recordar el que compre de Safari, en mi caso es verde oliva en su totalidad.

Roselaar

Managed to find three rarer JW figures in my own area. The Tany is weird and cartoonish, but I like the neck action.

Thialfi

Nice finds, especially for the Netherlands, avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar! That Tany is indeed absolutely silly but charming as well? I don't really do JW figures anymore but when I found it by chance I couldn't pass up on it. Also because the species is pretty rare in toy/model form.

And grats everyone, beautiful new stuff all around!

Bokisaurus

Wonderful new additions everyone! We are surely being flooded by amazing models! :))
As for me, I got a reviewer box from CollectA! Once again, CollectA proved that they also care for other types of reviews besides the YouTube reviews and it's humbling and reassuring to know they care about the others despite not having thousands of followers! I'm really thankful that they still know mw and take the time out to send me some new stuff. They also sent some extant animals as well.

I am signed up to review the Spinosaurus. More photos of all the models in my Collection thread, cheers!
[]

Carnoking

Bit of a wait for this one but it finally came in. Now to decide what I want to do with the blank one...

Dilopho

Wow, after around... it has to be 5, 6 years at least? I finally got a new PAPO figure! Well, I guess it's not a new release anymore, but you get me. I was at a garden center and saw them and I just couldn't resist after seeing this thing in person. (Side note; had to rush home with it because my sister called me to tell me a pipe burst in the house, lol, but that's all fixed up now  :)) )

I also got the schleich Dunkleosteus and the safari Liopleurodon for christmas. I haven't been collecting dinosaur/prehistoric figures for quite a while apart from the odd JW figure every once in a while, so it's very nice to finally own some new ones.

I bet for some it'll be weird to see a Dilopho post in 2022, but to be honest I felt very happy seeing the list of recent logins at the bottom of the main page and seeing a lot of familiar users  ;D So, sorry that I'm rambling on, I'm just excited to make another post here. Have a great day everyone!

Creature

Congrats, everyone, on some lovely new pieces!

This lad is my newest. The dimetrodon by avatar_Lone Trike @Lone Trike

I love it in person. It's got that wonderful side-eye expression so many lizards have.

Dimetrodon by M W, on Flickr
Instagram: where I play with dinosaurs, horses, and action figures.

Creature

This is a gorgeous repaint! I saw it on Instagram. Congrats on being the owner!

Instagram: where I play with dinosaurs, horses, and action figures.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: