News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ostafrikasaurus

Quote from: Roselaar on April 23, 2022, 08:21:34 PM
Felicitations avatar_Duna @Duna , that's an amazing figure! And a rare find too!

In the meantime, I went on with my Dominion raids and got me a bunch of new Lego sets:

Nice haul! I had no idea Lego was making a set with the JP Ford Explorers. I might have to look into picking up one myself!  :o
"Live fast, eat grass, die in a blast." - Late Cretaceous herbivore

Fembrogon

This Battat Styracosaurus arrived over the weekend, courtesy of avatar_brettnj @brettnj:

There's no doubt in my mind now as to why this figure is so highly regarded (not that there was before, but having it in-hand certainly helps)

I also got to visit the Field Museum for the first time in a few years yesterday, and of course I came home with some goodies:

Both the Sue plush and the Quetz plush are of a good size and appear well made. The Molded Quetz was a surprise, as I thought that item was a limited-time item which already passed; apparently not!
The book is also quite nice - basically a print edition of the travelling exhibit currently on display. Lots of nice photographs.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your new acquisitions. In fact, that Battat styracosaurus is worth having in your collection even if it costs an important amount of money in some cases, but it is one of the best styracosaurus that exists in the toy dinosaur market despite the years and the fact that it is discontinued .

Your two stuffed animals are also very cute.

TooOldForDinosaurs

That plush Quetz is super cute! Congrats on your acquisitions - especially that Battat Styraco as well! :)

PrimevalRaptor

Wow, those plushies are amazing! I remember when I visited the Field in like...2007? 2008? or so I got a Sue plush that I still have and adore but that's a bit...less in shape lmao
And that Quetz is just astounding, love seeing the azhdarchid love!

Meanwhile I ended up picking the Mattel Skorpiovenator, abelisaurs are rarely made (especially in larger size) and the review finally convinced me, really love the colors and especially the head sculpt.

Concavenator

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon That Quetz is too cute to be legal  :-[

Roselaar

King's Day is back in the Netherlands after three years! And like the Before Times of Old, I scored a big haul of dinosaurs on the flea markets:

Not pictured are finds from the day before: a Panini Protoceratops, a smaller Schleich Giganotosaurus and two Schleich McDonald's Velociraptors.
Some wonderful surprise finds. Lanard Trike takes the cake, as I've never seen that line in the Netherlands before. Schleich is very present on flea markets. Where it belongs.

Libraraptor

I wish we had this diversity of brands and species on flea markets in Germany. Ours are all contaminated  only with the crap Schleich made.

Duna

You are very lucky, avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar! Where I live I found ... nothing. And that Playmobil Brachiosaurus is normally not cheap at all! ^-^

Fembrogon

Wow, avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar, you look like you practically took half the flea market home with you! Congratulations on that humongous haul.

TooOldForDinosaurs

avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar nice scores! What is that little neat looking purple sauropod on the left? :)

AcroSauroTaurus

Was able to go out and look for Dominion figures last weekend, so here's what I brought back.
Jurassic World Dominion mini Therizinosaurus and Lystrosaurus

Jurassic World Legacy Collection Isla Sorna Capture Pack

Jurassic World Dominion Claire and Dilophosaurus

Jurassic World Dominion Skorpiovenator

Jurassic World Dominion Rajasaurus

Jurassic World Dominion Dsungaripterus

Jurassic World Dominion Owen Escape Pack

Jurassic World Dominion Release 'N Rampage Pack

Jurassic World Dominion Quetzalcoatlus

Jurassic World Hammond Collection Baryonyx

And two weekends before, I found these two.
Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous Brooklynn and Monolophosaurus

Jurassic World Legacy Collection Kitchen Encounter Pack
I am the Dinosaur King!

Mellow Stego

Newest additions to my ever growing Snap Squad collection.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Roselaar

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on April 28, 2022, 09:57:59 AM
avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar nice scores! What is that little neat looking purple sauropod on the left? :)

Thx! It's a DinoWaurs Titanosaurus, if I'm not mistaken.

avatar_AcroSauroTaurus @AcroSauroTaurus That's an amazing JW haul, congrats!  8)

Fembrogon

Quote from: Mellow Stego on April 29, 2022, 05:00:11 AM
Newest additions to my ever growing Snap Squad collection.
https://i.imgur.com/4oQUVfK.jpg
Neither of them look very enthused about their current state of being.  :)) They're pretty cute, though!

Fembrogon

I've been curious about the "Kid Galaxy" line of dinosaur toys for a while now, and I finally bought a loose lot of them recently, which arrived yesterday. I'm pretty sure all of these are based off of Dorling Kindersley designs, but the color schemes might be newer. They're not particularly well-made, but they've got a junky charm to them.

Interestingly, there are almost no markings whatsoever on these figures. I have an Allosaurus from the same line which at least has its name engraved, but these ones don't say anything except "made in Indonesia" (not China!). It almost looks like the engraved spots were scrubbed/resculpted; could these be "illegitimate" versions?  :))

*EDIT* Even MORE interestingly, I can't seem to find any other images of the ceratopsian or abelisaur in this lot - they resemble other toys from the brand, but appear unique. I saw one other eBay listing the ceratopsian as Achelousaurus, and I'm guessing the abelisaur is either Rugops or Majungasaurus; but if anyone else has input I'd love to hear.

PrimevalRaptor

Man, I know young me would have gone NUTS over those, I always loved seeing toys inspired by depictions in books and the DK ones were a large part of my childhood, especially when they still used actual models (god imagine having those as toys!)
They look like their quality is similar to Chap Mei, not the best but like you said, a certain charm to them for sure!

Fembrogon

I'm in full agreement with you; DK dinosaur books were a staple of my childhood reading, and some of the models they used were practically my default mental image for those genera. An official DK dino toy line would have been a delight.
(actually, who am I kidding? I'd STILL get a kick out of that, outdated designs and all)

Strepsodus

I think it is Majungasaurus, and Halichoeres talked about them

https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.msg308120#msg308120

One of the sets has an abelisaurus

Fembrogon

That's perfect, thank you! I really should review Halichoeres' thread more often.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: