News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Quote from: Concavenator on August 04, 2022, 07:27:06 PM
Quote from: SidB on August 04, 2022, 02:10:15 PMBases aren't as easy to come by as in the past, now that PNSO has stopped supplying them with their sculpts (which many folk applaud, I suppose).

In my case, I'm partly glad, because I don't care for bases in general, but it's also true I don't find it fair they're asking the same prices for figures they used to supply bases with.

And I don't find that the addition of a few pictures and booklet(s) really compensates for the deletion of the bases either.

JimoAi

Got an enlargement of the Colorata eagle ray (Safari LTD IC size) which will do until someone makes a proper figure which I've waited FOREVER + the best new dominion creature

Fembrogon

Look who's here!!

These are exciting little figures for sure; although they do seem to have some caveats. I'll post some additional thoughts in the main BotM thread.

JimoAi

Got the HC Rexy. Putting Charizard and Red from the. Pokemon scale world series as they all fit in the 1:20 scale

Dilopho

Quote from: JimoAi on August 06, 2022, 04:58:03 PMGot the HC Rexy. Putting Charizard and Red from the. Pokemon scale world series as they all fit in the 1:20 scale
If you ask me, one of Red's team members looks a little stronger than the others...

I just got the Safari Bigfoot and the CollectA Brontosaurus and Megalosaurus.
I knew the Megalosaurus was gonna be small, but not THAT small! I thought it'd at least be comparable to the old Procon one!

Carnoking

PNSO Lingwulong in the house!

Ikessauro

Today was a quite happy day, got a good haul of new items. First, a few new snakes for the collection, including the rare Red Tail Boa from Safari. Also PNSO Sinraptor, a few CollectA's which are always really nice and a Mattel Spino. In the back a few baby dinosaurs from Brazilian brand Pupee, lisenced Jurassic World figures.

And to make my day, a huge lot of Tubbz items from Numskull Designs, which they were kind enough to send me at no cost to promote their items in my channel. I must say the Tubbz are a really clever product design, love them so much.

Leyster

avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro wow, amazing lot! I've never seen the red tail boa before, could you post some more pictures of it?
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Ikessauro

Quote from: Leyster on August 13, 2022, 06:32:50 PMavatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro wow, amazing lot! I've never seen the red tail boa before, could you post some more pictures of it?

Sure! Here ya go. I've added Safari's current Boa Constrictor for scale.

Leyster

avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro thank you! Wow, it looks so impressive and lifelike!
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

TooOldForDinosaurs

FINALLY! After a way too long search I was able to aquire this beauty for a reasonable price (let's not speak about the current offers on eBay) from a private seller in Germany. Today I picked up the figure from my PO box and I'm so happy and exited to finally have it in my collection.  :)

EmperorDinobot

That is a really good find avatar_TooOldForDinosaurs @TooOldForDinosaurs . I went into your youtube and subscribed. I too love Battat's Maiasaura. My Holy Grail though is my Triceratops. Probably the final Battat I ever managed to find. It came to me in the best lot I have ever gotten ever since I started looking for lots. The lot also came with a Battat Diplodocus, but the Trike was where it was at. I never saw it in the pictures, and I lost it again during a giant reorganization/summer cleaning episode with my mom. Knowing no dinosaurs of mine ever leave the house, it took me some time to find it again. It was in a bin in the laundry room along with other rare dinosaurs.

TooOldForDinosaurs

avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot Thank you! I appreciate that a lot.  :) Wow, that surely does sound like a one of a kind lot-find. I am happy that you were able to retrieve your Triceratops. A laundry bin is no way to live for a figure of that significance  ;) .

EmperorDinobot

I have a ton of stuff stationed at my laundry room. Been there for ages, but for some reason, I lack the courage to go there. I know I own two complete Chaos Effect Mobile Command Centers. I know this, and both are in there, along with pieces and parts of my own collection I have lost in 12 or so years of living in this house. Luckily my Carnegie Miragaia is right where it belongs. Which reminds me, I should take pictures of my Safari Ltd. collection, my newest acquisitions, and my latest junk for the store, too.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on August 15, 2022, 06:28:40 PMFINALLY! After a way too long search I was able to aquire this beauty for a reasonable price (let's not speak about the current offers on eBay) from a private seller in Germany. Today I picked up the figure from my PO box and I'm so happy and exited to finally have it in my collection.  :)

Congratulations, this is one of their best figures in my opinion

JohannesB

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on August 15, 2022, 06:28:40 PM
...let's not speak about the current offers on eBay...

I did not know that. :o  :-\
Anyway, congratulations on a fine little model. I own it too, and I think it is charming and beautiful.

PrimevalRaptor

Congrats on the Miragaia! It's probably one of the most elegant Carnegie figures, still a favorite of mine.

I acquired a...less elegant buddy today. They also had the Quilmesaurus but something drew me to the Pyroraptor. Of course it's a far cry from proper accurate dromaeosaurs and lacks the wings of the movie one but it has a certain charm (and I'm fond of the genus thanks to an old documentary)

Dusty Wren

That Miragaia is such a wonderful figure. I've been watching eBay off and on to see if one shows up for a reasonable price, but I think I'm going to have to be more committed to the search, since they tend to vanish quickly. In any case, congrats, avatar_TooOldForDinosaurs @TooOldForDinosaurs! It's a lovely addition to your collection.
Check out my customs thread!

Duna

You are very lucky avatar_TooOldForDinosaurs @TooOldForDinosaurs to get that wonderful miragaia, one of the best figures (even today). No wonder it's so coveted.

I've just received my most expensive figure by now, and my first REBOR figure, but it's absolutely worth it all. I was in love with the 3D sculpt even before watching Prehistoric Planet, but after that my desire for an accurate tyrannosaurus skyrocketed. I sold my Nanmu Alpha so I could reinvest the money in this beauty, Kiss, the lipped version of the accurate tyrannosaurus.
It has very lifelike colours, with a generous brown wash on it as a real animal would have (I was afraid because the prototype looked too colourful but the real figure is even better).
It's a bit larger than 1:35 but I'm super happy with this. It's an impressive figure, bulky and well fed (just like in Prehistoric Planet) and even with the mouth closed, in a front view, can give you chills with that look. What a powerful creature it was, just like it was showed in Prehistoric Planet. No need to roar or show teeth.
Mine keeps the mouth perfectly closed and the seams of the detachable tail don't look bad at all (the only fear I had before with this figure after watching some reviews). I used olive oil to insert the tail on place so I could slip it until the end and it worked.
More pictures and opinion in my thread.

Stegotyranno420

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: