News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minmiminime

Congrats on getting this stunning figure, S @Syndicate Bias, and thank you for the mention ;D I'm sorry to hear about the damaged box, lucky you chose that option though :o It would have been devastating if the figure had been damaged!! avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus I hope you can be reassured that this figure is excellent! It is correct, only the left leg and base are resin and they are not fragile. This is a very high quality, robust and well-made figure, and a new colour variant has just been released!
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Minmiminime on January 10, 2019, 08:45:12 PM
Congrats on getting this stunning figure, S @Syndicate Bias, and thank you for the mention ;D I'm sorry to hear about the damaged box, lucky you chose that option though :o It would have been devastating if the figure had been damaged!! avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus I hope you can be reassured that this figure is excellent! It is correct, only the left leg and base are resin and they are not fragile. This is a very high quality, robust and well-made figure, and a new colour variant has just been released!

Thanks! avatar_Minmiminime @Minmiminime

Yea it's a shame it was completely destroyed I was glad to see the allo made it safely though, I nearly had a heart attack when I saw what used to be a rectangular box 😂

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Minmiminime on January 10, 2019, 08:45:12 PM

avatar_Minmiminime @Minmiminime Thanks for the information I will consider over time to buy the figure of allosaurus or choose its color variant, time will tell.

MLMjp

In my home they have received a package, but since I am in another country now I'm unable to enjoy it. :(

She is going to stand as the first movie raptor since the upcoming clever girl that comes with a Muldoon figure from Mattel is not that great. :-\

CityRaptor

A bit late, but Christmas Haul!

Got Brusatte's book in German, because it is very rare that a good Dinosaur book gets a German release nowadays. Usually it is really bad childrens' books.

First haul of the year:

Found this Gyropshere at a closing down Intertoys in Germany. It was marked down to 1,19 Euros, as opposed to roughly 3 Euros it normally costs here. Thought it might be useful for dioramas.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Libraraptor

Wow, CityRaptor, what a book haul!

Loon

Got these Jurassic Clash figures from Walmart. The dork and transformers fan in me, for some reason, really loves them.
I really regret also not picking up the Mammoth, and I hope the pliosaur is easy to find, if they release it in the US.

Faelrin

My haul for today:

I finally found the Battle Damage Pteranodon after weeks of searching, as well as a Savage Strike Styracosaurus (may have even been the same one I saw last week, do to some of the paint chipping on some of the horns. I didn't want to keep waiting for it, plus with the 20% sale going on at Target this week for all Jurassic, I got it. I also found the Ellie at Target but weirdly enough it has a hair inside the package. The rex pack is not for me but for someone on reddit (unless this one is not satisfactory). The Ellie is up for grabs if anyone still needs her (only if the person on reddit I got the rex pack from doesn't need/want her).

Also I went to four stores today. Two Walmart's, and two Target's. Here is also the sorry near empty state of the second Walmart I visited (the first Walmart I visited at least had the BD Pteranodon, a few other BD figures, a few Roarivores, and Dino Rivals Attack Packs, and of course several Indoraptors), but like usual mostly bare bones. Both of the Target's I visited had good stock for the most part.

No luck with finding any of the Dual Attacks or Battle Damage Albertosaurus yet, but I'll be checking some other Walmart's out on friday.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

australovenator

Finally have some free time again, haha so I guess an update is in order. In October last year I spent a week in Tokyo with some friends, I got the chance to visit the Museum of Nature & Science while there and got to see my first proper mounts of many of the classic Dinosaurs. This is the haul from the trip, unfortunately I was limited by luggage space.  :))

not a toy, but I couldn't resist.

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you australovenator for your new acquisitions. The tooth of the mosasaurus is very beautiful and the same can be said of the Chinese dinosaurs. Successful decision.

AcroSauroTaurus

My birthday gifts from yesterday.
I am the Dinosaur King!

alexeratops

Wow, that CollectA Einiosaurus is tiny!
like a bantha!

Jose S.M.

Nice gifts. I was surprised the regular collecta ceratopsids are so small now, they are almost minis. But look pretty good still.

Shonisaurus

I like all your acquisitions on prehistoric animals, especially I value very much the Safari uintatherium is very realistic, not to mention the triceratops of Safari 2018 the best of its kind from my honest point of view.

Fofer

OMG australovenator! love the spino!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on January 18, 2019, 07:14:00 PM
My birthday gifts from yesterday.

Looks like you had a happy birthday, great selection.

I have picked up two more of Safari's new figures:

I have also picked up this from a comic book store:

Is anyone interested in buying it? Unfortunately it seems the legs have warped though, and it won't stand up.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

The gallimimus of the AAA brand I think suffers from this defect. Mine does not stand up either, I've put a transparent plastic holder to hide its lack of stability. It is a defect of the generalized company from my point of view in all its figures, except for some exception.

DragonRider02

I recently got package from Urzeitshop with those beauties! ❤️ They all are truly spectacular, especially the Nesting Oviraptor!

Shonisaurus

avatar_DragonRider02 @DragonRider02 Totally in agreement with you the oviraptor on Safari's nest based on the paleoartistic work of Luis Rey is a work of art and sincerely it has never been valued by many collectors as it deserved.

The caudipteryx of Carnegie and the lambeosaurus of Bullyland are other very good figures of these two toy brands and that unfortunately both Carnegie and Bullyland do not think they will make more dinosaurs and prehistoric animals of that outstanding level.

suspsy

A small but exciting delivery from Minizoo. Expect reviews of both figures next month!

Untitled by Suspsy Three, on Flickr
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: