News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Suspsy I have to say that Safari's citipati is the best of its kind. As for Beasts of Mesozoic their raptors are very pretty. I congratulate you on your two new acquisitions and it is appreciated that you review them in the blog of www.dinotoyblog.com

Faelrin

avatar_suspsy @suspsy Congrats on getting those. I think those both are definitely some of the best feathery dino figures out there (and yes I am being specific about the Saurornitholestes you picked up too. That roadrunner based one turned out really nice, and the color scheme fits a dromaeosaurid pretty well. In fact it is hard for me to not see roadrunner's as little modern day dromaeosaurids, even if hawks and eagles might look closer with their talons).

Edit: Well I had some luck today with getting these two (and the Monolophosaurus looks like one particular happy little fellow):

Still no luck with the Parasaurolophus. Hopefully soon. The wait will be worth it though. It's just gorgeous to me. I also saw some Battle Damage Albertosaurus, but held off for now. Hope I don't regret it, but then again they should be around for a bit longer.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 20, 2019, 12:34:08 AM
The gallimimus of the AAA brand I think suffers from this defect. Mine does not stand up either, I've put a transparent plastic holder to hide its lack of stability. It is a defect of the generalized company from my point of view in all its figures, except for some exception.
Thank you for letting me know its a common defect.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Fembrogon

A delivery from Everything Dinosaur arrived at my place while I was gone over the weekend:

The Papo Allosaurus is one of many figures I've been eyeballing for a long time now, but never pulled the trigger on. With Safari ltd's new version coming out, I felt a little more pressed to finally purchase.
Of course, that figure was just an add-on to the REAL purchase, which was the Eofauna Giganotosaurus. Man oh man, is this figure a beauty! The Papo has more textural detail, but the Eofauna is masterfully sculpted and toned to look like a living animal.

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on your two new acquisitions. Fortunately, your giganotosaurus of Eofauna does not present problems of sustainability. Mine, unfortunately, if you have problems when standing up, can not stand without the plastic base.

I'm glad you increased your collection, Fembrogon.

Fofer

nice picks! the papo allosaurus is amazing!

ruochuan

These three guys decided to show up on the same day!
As awesome as Giganotosaurus is, the old Schleich Edmontosaurus is winning my heart here.

Everybody say "cheese"!
My dinosaur model pictures:
http://seattlesaurus.tumblr.com

Libraraptor

Shonisaurus

The Schleich edmontosaurus of Humbold Museum was a beauty is one of my favorite hadrosaurs along with the corythosaurus of the same company.

He makes a very good team with the giganotosaurus of Eofauna and the anhanguera of Schleich 2006. Precious set.

Sigmasaurus

So the other day i got the absolute beauty of the Mattel Ceratosaurus and it is well worth the money.

ruochuan

As cringe-worthy as current Schleich dinosaur models are, their Replica Saurus remain one of my favorite dinosaur line, even when not scientific accurate, still very real animal like. The Allosaurus & Anhanguera(Onithocheirus) looks so much like their TV counterpart! They had so much going for them then.

When comparing Edmontosaurus next to the fabulous Eofauna Giganotosaurus, the Edmonto, with its somber, slightly sad look, look as much a real living animal as the manacing carnivour staring at it.

We need to remind ourselves that there are 20 years difference between those two models.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 26, 2019, 12:23:15 AM
The Schleich edmontosaurus of Humbold Museum was a beauty is one of my favorite hadrosaurs along with the corythosaurus of the same company.

He makes a very good team with the giganotosaurus of Eofauna and the anhanguera of Schleich 2006. Precious set.

PhilSauria

Terrific Schleich family portrait, not ashamed to say that I have most of those figures myself, though that big Saichania still eludes me. Just have the later smaller one. Every update to the majority of those figures seem to come out in a much smaller size - was there a big plastic shortage at around that time? (More like cutting back on costs I suspect).

Shonisaurus

Sincerely my favorite figures of dinosaurs were the figures of Schleich of the Humbold Museum in Berlin for lack of Safari in my twenties and thirties and for me September-October were magical months for me as I picked up the news of the Humbold Museum that received the Store of the Museum of Natural Sciences. I am still fascinated by these figures.

ruochuan

Quote from: PhilSauria on January 26, 2019, 09:18:38 AM
Terrific Schleich family portrait, not ashamed to say that I have most of those figures myself, though that big Saichania still eludes me. Just have the later smaller one. Every update to the majority of those figures seem to come out in a much smaller size - was there a big plastic shortage at around that time? (More like cutting back on costs I suspect).

According to Schleich's Wikipedia page:
"Until the end of 2006, Schleich was a family-owned business. It was then taken over by the British investment company HgCapital, who paid 165 million euro for an 80% share"

The time of sale of the family business seems to coincide with downsizing of Schleich dinosaurs you mentioned. Call me cynical, but almost anything Big Corporation touches turns into junks. It's always "where can we cut cost to generate more profit", never "let's make better toys for the joys of our customers".

I have the displeasure of seeing similar cases happen over and over from my other hobbies (Fountain pens, watches, bicycles, Magic cards).

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I'm going to be extremely boring and jump on the Eofauna Giganotosaurus bandwagon (there's still a few inches of room left). I also have Eofauna's Steppe Mammoth ans Doug Watson's Coelodonta for Safari Ltd.

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

DragonRider02

Berlin Museum fur Naturkunde Haul. There were so many cool things in giftshop, it was hard to limit myself to Just few things!!

Papo Compy is really cool little figure. I think colors aren't as vibrant as on the stock photo but it's still very lifelike!
I noticed my copy has a Little dislocated pupil on one eye but it's not very noticable.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Someone call Fred I found Dino! Lol

RobinGoodfellow

..in the mail today..

(in my Collection Thread soon)
:)

Shonisaurus

I am very happy to have the fortune to have in your collection the ophthalmosaurus of PNSO in my case I still have to wait, it is on the way.

It is for me a marine reptile that fascinates me in fact I have the nickname of shonisaurus because of my love of these prehistoric animals. My congratulations.

DragonRider02

BIG Safari Ltd (and one CollectA) Haul! I got all of 'em from my Dad last week, just didn' t have time to take photos.

1. Safari Ltd Velociraptor. Wow, I Just LOVE it! He's So birdlike! I only wish hands were a Little more covered by feathers.
I named him Fluffy.
2. Safari Ltd Anzu. I love the way his wings and tailfan are sculpted. Colors are very nice too. I wish it was a bit larger though.
3. Safari Ltd Coelophysis. One of my favorites. I love colors, especially the stripes on his tail and all the fine feather details!
4. Safari Ltd Archaeopteryx. Another beauty, I love the Blue wash and white wings, reminds me of Magpies, one of my favorite birds. The neck could be fluffier though.
5. Safari Ltd Quetzalcoatlus. I love the colors on the head and crest! It's a shame the wings are not detailed though. They could at least give them some cool patterns. Also, it's very small! I wish it was at least the size of Schleich's Old, Black and white Quetz.
6. CollectA Struthiomimus. Very small and plain. I wish it had full wings. It's still very nice though!

... AND the last things, not prechistoric but kinda related to dinos, right? I don't really collect extant animals, with exception of Macaws and Toucans, sometimes other birds. That's Why Safari's Toucan was a must-have for me! I also really like roosters, and Phoenix Rooster is such cool looking breed, so when I found out Safari has toy of it I had to get it!
And the last thing is the new for 2019 Albino Burmese Python. I Just fell in love with it when I saw the photos on Safari's website. It's so realistic! Even my parents said it looks like a real creature. Also snakes are my fav modern animals, right after Macaws and Toucans.
PS the snake's name is Banana Noodle.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: