News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgaguilar

Finally got my hands on a long time grail target! The Battat Tyrannosaurus V.1

Halichoeres

Wow, nice haul avatar_Samrukia @Samrukia!

I appreciate the offer, avatar_Primeval12 @Primeval12! I actually have a bunch of files I got from Thingiverse, including that one, but just haven't gotten around to printing them yet. I have 1 1/2 jobs and both have printers, I just keep forgetting!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SenSx

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: mgaguilar on September 09, 2023, 02:49:42 AMFinally got my hands on a long time grail target! The Battat Tyrannosaurus V.1

These are somewhat rare, congrats on your achievement.
V.2 is also rare - so After getting it too - you'll be able to have all 3 next to each other.

SidB

Quote from: mgaguilar on September 09, 2023, 02:49:42 AMFinally got my hands on a long time grail target! The Battat Tyrannosaurus V.1

Well done, avatar_mgaguilar @mgaguilar , one has to grab these classic figures while they are still available. This was a sculpt that was years ahead of its time for accuracy. It also became renowned because of its relative scarcity. I paid almost 200 dollars Canadian, including shipping almost a decade ago. Expensive at the time, but I've never regretted the purchase.

Fossilized-Rubber

I'm losing my mind. The past few days I've been tracking progress on this one auction titled only "HARD PLASTIC MINI 2.5" DINOSAURS job lot bundle USED MIXED COLOURS postage disco" listed for £2.49, and I finally won the bid ten minutes ago... for £2.49.

I'll post pictures in my collection thread when they arrive because I don't want to link my ebay account by posting the ebay images, so I'll have to make the big reveal via text:

They're monochrome Topps dinosaur figures from the 1980s. In the job lot were:

8x ankylosaurus (2x brown, 5x grey, 1x green)
3x pleisiosaurus (3x green)
3x brontosaurus (2x brown, 1x grey)
5x parasaurolophus (2x brown, 2x grey, 1x green)
3x dimetrodon (1x brown, 2x green)
3x allosaurus (1x grey, 2x green)
6x triceratops (3x brown, 1x grey, 2x green)
4x stegosaurus (2x grey, 1x brown, 1x green)
1x iguanadon (1x grey)
3x tyranosaurus (2x green, 1x grey)

39 Topps dinosaurs in total. I've only ever seen them listed at £5-£15 each so to get a bulk like this for £2.49 has been my best bargain since starting the hobby.

Pics here from one of my favourite toy blogs, Little Weirdos.

(Image rehosted from Little Weirdos blog so as not to steal their bandwidth, I hope they don't mind)

Incidentally, if anyone has a Topps trachodon or pterandodon (any colour) for trade for one of my doubles I would be very happy to oblige.
Now showing: The Lost World (1925)

My collection is here

BrontoScorpio

That's a really nice catch indeed. these are not offered so often.
I think I saw a similar lot not long ago for about 50$, which is also a good price, but had to let it go for shipping destination constraints.
Nevertheless, I did managed to get a hold to some of those original topps ( Trachodon included ... 3rd pic on ) , and , also hard to find, some from the Topps Jurassic Park 3 .
Would be happy to trade/buy some of the Brown [pleisiosaurus,dimetrodon ,triceratops, iguanadon, allosaurus] that I miss.

crazy8wizard

Quote from: Primeval12 on September 09, 2023, 02:12:25 AMSchleich Shonisaurus found by avatar_crazy8wizard @crazy8wizard on eBay for me (You no longer owe me for the Nigersaurus and Inostrancevia ;) )
I thought I no longer owed you when I paid you for them lol  :))
Either way, I'm glad you like it. It's a really fun and honestly charming figure even if it is practically a bludgeoning weapon.

crazy8wizard

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on September 03, 2023, 10:29:20 AMI'm way too excited to not share this a bit prematurely (since I don't actually have received this yet) but this has been a long dream come true. I've just been able to acquire the BBC WWD Ophthalmosaurus plushie from 1998 - with the tag still on it even. Just look at this cutie:

Aaaah I can't wait for it to join my pod and to share my own photos. It will make an excellent addition to my WWD Ophthalmosaurus family.  ^-^

Regarding this topic; Does anyone have some information where they were sold from and how many different plushies there were for the original release? From other eBay auctions I know about the Diplodocus, Triceratops and Leaellynasaura plushie, that have a velcro on their belly and can be turnt inside out into an egg/ hatchling - but besides that I can barely find any information on these 1998 plush dinosaurs.
I had originally won this bid when it was listed but I had to cancel because my bank is being weird about currency conversion now  :(
Good to know that it went to someone who equally adores Ophthalmosaurus though!

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: crazy8wizard on September 09, 2023, 09:48:00 PMI had originally won this bid when it was listed but I had to cancel because my bank is being weird about currency conversion now  :(
Good to know that it went to someone who equally adores Ophthalmosaurus though!
I'm sorry to hear that.  :-\ I wondered why it popped up again and was first kind of sceptical about the seller.

Sim

I've acquired the following:

1. Haolonggood grey Carnotaurus.  Finally a Carnotaurus I'm happy with!

2. Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus, both versions.  I love the colouration of these two.  I tried repainting the eyes of the brown one and it didn't go well.  I ruined the figure.  So I thought that was it, I have to give up on customising figures.  Later though it occurred to me I could try removing some of the slit pupil paint using a sharp sculpting tool I have to create a round pupil.  I tried this on the green Pachyrhinosaurus and it worked!  I'm very happy with it now.  I've ordered another brown Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus to perform this customisation on.  The green Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus has now replaced my Safari Pachyrhinosaurus in my collection.  I'm aware of the Safari being more realistic in some areas, but in terms of the overall look and bulk I think the Haolonggood version is better so I'm keeping the Haolonggood.

ceratopsian

I too now have the greenish grey Carnotaurus.  Superb paintjob - but it rather precarious on the standing front.  It needs a very flat shelf and I wouldn't want to subject it to the slightest vibration.  I've put it somewhere where if it falls, it won't take anything else with it!  Looks mighty handsome though.

marisaura

i ordered a safari qianzhousaurus (along with their new estemmenosuchus) since it was the only one of the upcoming retirements that i didn't have and was interested in. i wasn't expecting to like it quite as much as i do, but it's gorgeous - the pose is dynamic, the sculpt is superbly detailed, and the paint job is one of my favorite out of all of safari's figures. it's one where i can truly say the online pictures don't do it justice. the estemmenosuchus is really nice too, a vast improvement on the collecta rendition. i highly recommend both of them! ;D

SidB

Quote from: marisaura on September 16, 2023, 04:03:58 AMi ordered a safari qianzhousaurus (along with their new estemmenosuchus) since it was the only one of the upcoming retirements that i didn't have and was interested in. i wasn't expecting to like it quite as much as i do, but it's gorgeous - the pose is dynamic, the sculpt is superbly detailed, and the paint job is one of my favorite out of all of safari's figures. it's one where i can truly say the online pictures don't do it justice. the estemmenosuchus is really nice too, a vast improvement on the collecta rendition. i highly recommend both of them! ;D
Even though I have the two PNSO Qianzhousaurus', including the mini, I've kept my Safari - it's superior in several ways, despite it's modest price point. I have the CollectA Estemmeno, but am tempted to replace it with Safari's. But I'd feel obliged to sharpen it's teeth if I got one.

Sim

The Safari Qianzhousaurus is excellent, it's sad it's being retired.

I've recently acquired:

1. Schleich Gastonia.  I really like it!  I'm going to try getting one that doesn't have a dark streak near one of its nostrils.

2. Schleich Monolophosaurus.  It's an interesting figure, I'm glad to have a Monolophosaurus.  It's bigger than I was expecting.

3. Schleich Baryonyx.  It's a well-made figure, but it's not for me.  I'm glad to have given it a try, but I'm sticking with my Favorite Baryonyx.

4. Schleich Majungasaurus.  It's huge!  It's another well-made figure, but again not for me.  I estimated it to be 1:17 scale based on the largest Majungasaurus specimens, so I think it's quite compatible with Beasts of the Mesozoic figures.

5. CollectA Kunbarrasaurus.  The figure is labelled Minmi but I think this is because it was made before the paper that reclassified the well-preserved "Minmi" specimen as Kunbarrasaurus.  This too is a well-made figure although it has vertical slit pupils which is unlikely for a herbivore.  So, I planned to reshape the pupils into circular ones, but it didn't work out as its eyes are just too small, so I won't be keeping this figure.

6. Safari Shunosaurus.  I had low expectations for this one.  I was very surprised by how excellent it actually is.  The way the teeth are painted is not very noticeable in person and it looks fine.  The scales don't look too big in person too, instead it looks very satisfying.  All the problems I had with the figure was due to media zooming in on it and making fine aspects look more noticeable than they actually are.  The Safari Shunosaurus is delightful!  Sometimes a treasure is there in plain sight, it's just not been noticed.  It's sad this very unique and well-done figure is retired now.

Bread

Recent acquisitions as of this month.

Quiversaurus

Good stuff! Always makes me happy to see the PNSO Suchomimus featured. Glad to see it in comparison shots with other (excellent) models as well, that's always a plus (:

Retrosaurus

Some recent acquisitions from the past couple of weeks. Though the Kleinwelka was imported, the others were all picked up locally which is unusual as the majority of stuff available in NZ is Schleich, Papo, and Collecta.

Faelrin

avatar_Retrosaurus @Retrosaurus Congrats on that vintage figure haul. I'm sure about the others, but if I recall that Bullyland Mastodonsaurus is pretty hard to come by these days isn't it? I imagine that Safari Therizinosaurus in box might be as well, especially in that great condition.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Retrosaurus

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin Thanks! Yeah the mastodonsaurus especially is getting much harder to get, I'm really glad I managed to get it as it's fantastic.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: