News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Quote from: SenSx on April 29, 2024, 11:18:47 PMIt's a great mosasarus figure, probably the best, but I don't like how the teeth overlap and prevent the mouth to fully close :(

I wish the mouth fully closed too, but I wouldn't let a detail like that ruin the figure, it is a heck of an awesome piece, and one could always pretend the mouth is partially open even when it is meant to be closed, or just display it with its mouth agape. FWIW, I highly recommend it.  :)

SenSx

Yes of course, but it's just me, I'm such a fanatic for closed mouth  :))
Don't take my critic as something that should prevent you from getting this figure, I own it as well nevertheless  ;D
But I think someday I might replace it by a resin one just to get the perfect for my tastes.
It will of course be a lot more expansive, this Collecta is a much better choice for a quality/price balance.

Roselaar

Quote from: PrimevalRaptor on April 28, 2024, 02:23:46 PMOh my god I think that book about dinosaurs in the city is one I loved in kindergarten and forgot about until today, amazing find! :D

You and me both! I adored it as a child and still do, it's one of the loveliest books about dinosaurs for kids I've ever seen and I can still recommend it to every parent! ^-^

Halichoeres

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on April 26, 2024, 03:48:13 AMThe latest package from Dan's Dinosaurs has finally arrived! Love these two so much! When I saw the Lufengosaurus I knew I just had to have it, and what better figure to get alongside it than Therizinosaurus! I only have the Edmonto on hand rn but here's a comp with it!

I'm impatiently waiting for Happy Hen to get the Lufengo in. Best PNSO release in a couple of years, in my book.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Brontozaurus

The distribution of Jurassic World toys in Australia has been terrible for most of the year (it's been wave 1 of the wild roars, Allosaurus and Triceratops all the way down), but I finally found some new danger packs today!*

The Poposaurus is definitely my favourite of the two (not that Kileskus is bad, I'm just more excited for pseudosuchians), but it's got wonky legs and can't stand. :( Guess it's time for the ol' hot water/hairdryer treatment.

* I did find the Ornithocheirus a few weeks ago, but without teeth it just looks so awful, so I'm skipping it.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Carnoking

The April Acquisitions, including a HAOLONGGOOD Haul, Nanmu newcomers, PNSO, and even my first Papo in years! As always, more photos to be found in the respective threads of these new faces.

Ludodactylus

That's a spectacular haul avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking !
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

Prehistory Resurrection

Just got the 2022 Mattel Legacy Collection Isla Sorna Capture Pack today. Nice to have got hold of this set as it conveys the main plot of The Lost World: Jurassic Park. Got it at one of my local toy shops. Lucky as it was the last one to be on the shelf. Apart from this, some Dino Tracker figures here and there and the JP 30th Anniversary red T-Rex. But this set caught my attention.

The packaging is very beautiful and captures the Isla Sorna environment.

Not a huge fan of the Parasaurolophus sculpt though. Works well as a juvenile though. Papo's version for comparison;

Dilopho

Look what I got. Does anybody here recognise this, or get why I'm so happy about it?

BlueKrono

Quote from: Dilopho on May 05, 2024, 04:33:58 PM

Look what I got. Does anybody here recognise this, or get why I'm so happy about it?

I don't recognize it, but it reminds me of the Topps Dinosaurs Attack! cards.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

CityRaptor

Quote from: Dilopho on May 05, 2024, 04:33:58 PMLook what I got. Does anybody here recognise this, or get why I'm so happy about it?

Godzilla Doom Island "Velociraptor"? And it is somewhat rare?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Dilopho

Quote from: CityRaptor on May 05, 2024, 05:12:49 PM
Quote from: Dilopho on May 05, 2024, 04:33:58 PMLook what I got. Does anybody here recognise this, or get why I'm so happy about it?

Godzilla Doom Island "Velociraptor"? And it is somewhat rare?

That's right! These were only available for a super brief time back in the 90s, through Trendmaster's website.
I got this for only £8. I never thought I'd see anything from Godzilla: Doom Island in person!

Dilopho

Quote from: BlueKrono on May 05, 2024, 04:46:50 PMI don't recognize it, but it reminds me of the Topps Dinosaurs Attack! cards.

It reminds me of those too, and also the Monsters in my Pocket Dinosaurs.

Faelrin

Nothing too exciting but got these both on sale at Amazon for about $10 each. The JPIII set is still on sale. Edit: Kind of a mini early birthday haul I guess (which is later this month).

Bonus Buddy boy pic (has claimed the box they came in):

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Concavenator

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin perhaps not too exciting for you, but your cat sure has a distinct satisfaction face.  ;D

Faelrin

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator Well I wasn't sure it would too much of an exciting haul to see for folks here. I am excited to have the baby Stegosaurus in hand. Really cute, and better then I thought it was initially (more thoughts on that in the 2024 thread). Having a JPIII Grant (and raptor) is great, after missing out on the 2019 version. Just need the Corythosaurus (and hopefully a HC Spinosaurus).

And yes, he's already getting a fair amount of use of it, as is Bob, on of our 2 female cats (other then my baby girl Spaz), and our second oldest cat:

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Concavenator

Got Safari's Utahraptor in!  8)

So exciting to finally have a good figure of this iconic species. Can always count on Safari for a great dromaeosaur figure.

Bread

Haolonggood's latest figures are fantastic!  :D

Carnoking

They look right home alongside those PNSO figures. The Albertosaurus and Gorgosaurus look great with those lips!

SidB

So nice to celebrate terrific figures over against nitpicking critical comments of the same figures.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: