News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fembrogon

I picked these two up at a toy shop in Canada during a trip. After tax, the two of them cost about the equivalent of 30 worth, so they weren't quite the bargain I thought they were; but it was the first time I'd seen them in person, and they're pretty nice. I have to give Scheich some credit here.

Concavenator

The Schleich Psittacosaurus is a good figure. Although it could definetely benefit from a different color scheme. Same as with their new Spinosaurus, a pretty good sculpt with (in my opinion) a very unattractive color scheme.

Shonisaurus

Fembrogon congratulate you on your new figures, the psittacosaurus and the Schleich giganotosaurus (the latter to a lesser extent) fascinate me. It is unfortunate that in this year the quality of Schleich's prehistoric animal figures is approaching has dropped considerably.

MLMjp

After two months of buying absolutely nothing, I'm back in the collecting business:

DragonRider02

My newest dinos: the beautiful CollectA Ceratosaurus, my favorite of 2018 realeses, and cute, shiny PNSO Microraptor!

Roselaar

Found the new JW Quetzalcoatlus in a store in my own home town, never would have thought it possible! Also, nice big Liopleurodon squishy figure. :)

Faelrin

I finally have acquired the Mattel Mononykus (from Amazon).

Here it is with my first acquired Mononykus figure (the Beasts of the Mesozoic Desert accessory pack):

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Piltdown 龍

Am in Singapore attending the, uhm, Papo Toothy Awesomebro Theropod Convention and couldn't resist  :-[  ;D  I even got the infamous Baryonyx, which I have just found out doesn't fit in my suitcase :-X Am at the famous Jewel Airport Terminal, with the indoor waterfall and a Pokemon store  :o 

And the Papo Gorgosaurus is now my favourite Papo dino after the original rex and velociraptor.
By Grace of God Defender of toothy, lipless, featherless tyrannosaurs

PrimevalRaptor

Local TK Maxx delivering again (even though I wish they'd get some Terra dinosaurs again lmao)

It might not be the most accurate model (especially with the new Sophie specimen) but I've always liked the pose and plates of Bullyland's Stegosaurus, it's very dynamic and not a tail dragger. :D

Lanthanotus

Nice addition,.... I also like that particular stegosaurus figure very much, though I`ve to admit I modified mine slightly.

Shonisaurus

I am glad for your new figure avatar_PrimevalRaptor @PrimevalRaptor in a few years maybe the Bullyland stegosaurus as the rest of the figure of that mythical company will become more expensive and revalued as it has happened with figures of Battat, Starlux or with discontinued figures of prehistoric animals such as Play Visions.

Bokisaurus

OH YES! ;D
[]
More pics in my collection thread ;D

Nanuqsaurus

I haven't been very active on this forum for a while. Recently I bought more extant animal figures than prehistoric ones, so I didn't have much to post. Until now at least!
They're not the most special figures on the market, but I'm glad to have them anyways. :)) I especially like the Papo Acrocanthosaurus, what an absolute beast.

Shonisaurus

Papo acrocanthosaurus rivals beauty with other figures of this brand such as the therizinosaurus and surely Papo spinosaurus of 2019 (limited version) that will be marketed in early December.

Jose S.M.

Acro and cerato are among the best papo figures! Only minus points are from the pose but still great addition to a collection.

Duna

avatar_Nanuqsaurus @Nanuqsaurus I have also the acrocanthosaurus (fantastic) and I'll get the ceratosaurus, which in spite of inaccuracies I think it's the best figure for me (I don't buy too big models).
B @Bokisaurus I'm green with envy about the deinotherium!  :'( Mine will have to wait until the Spanish shop I buy from has it in stock. I don't buy mammals but this is a must for me (and also a woolly mamooth from Eofauna - fingers crossed :D).

This is my last acquisition, bought at a good price, it arrived yesterday. I don't collect such big models, but I wanted this Megalodon for my living room with my collection of fossils. It will display nice with the real Megalodon tooth (the grey one, not top quality, but I couldn't afford one better) and the tooth replica (which is amazing).
For my collection, I really want to see the new Collecta megalodon 2020,  :))  because I'm between that and the PNSO small (nice, but I don't like the movable jaw too much).

Shonisaurus

Honestly, the best megalodon on the market is the one you have purchased from PNSO with a difference in vinyl and a more than acceptable size, I know from experience and beautifully detailed.

Faelrin

I got a big haul of stuff from two different Target stores (and the Simon Amiibo was from an in store pickup from a pre-order I made on Best Buy a while ago). I ended up just getting the Zia and Mercenary with the Ankylosaurus figure after how long they've been in stock at the one store. The other store had two of the new Dracorex, and one of each of the rest of the figures. I got the Ornitholestes and Callovosaurus, and since I didn't need the Herrerasaurus I left that there (just a repack). The same store also had the wave with Echo, the Mononykus, and the red Dimorphodon (which I almost missed), and all three of those were in stock. I also saw a bunch of Brachiosaurus at both stores. I'm very much tempted to get a second, if I can afford to do so soon, or at the very least exchange the one I got earlier, depending on how long and/or if Mattel's customer service doesn't get back to me. One store had about 4 or 5 possibly, and the other had 3.

Also while I haven't opened any of these yet, I did notice that the Callovosaurus has some interesting stripes on the tail, that I didn't notice before. Looks really good. Additionally I love the package design for these Primal Attack figures, and this is coming from someone who really enjoyed the package design for Fallen Kingdom's line.

Store 1 (more Brach's, but none of the new figures yet. Also behold all those 2018 figures still for sale):

Store 2 (less Brach's, but had the new figures at least):

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Roselaar

Shonisaurus

Papo's pentaceratops and gorgosaurus are a beauty I tell you from my own experience.

As regards JW velociraptors, they are a good acquisition even if I am not very fond of those figures. They are quite well modeled figures and ideal even for dioramas.

I'm glad for you My sincere congratulations Roselaar!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: