News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - new for 2019

Started by Kayakasaurus, July 31, 2018, 06:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Ravonium on October 15, 2019, 04:11:10 PM
Quote from: Sauropelta on October 15, 2019, 04:05:57 PM
Anybody know why the full 2019 range hasn't been added to amazon yet?

IDK, but I highly doubt Safari have control over that.

A lot of their 2018 models have only been very sporadically available (or way overpriced) on Amazon for some reason, so I wouldn't hold your breath.
I second Halichoeres.

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 15, 2019, 08:02:13 PM
I'm not sure where you live, but I usually find it cheaper to order from Safari directly; they have free shipping for orders over $50. Of course, that only holds in the U.S., and I don't know where you live.

ceratopsian

avatar_Sauropelta @Sauropelta: You might be able to find a good independent shop that does an excellent mail order service, depending on where you live.  E.g. there is Everything Dinosaur in the UK.

Quote from: Sauropelta on October 15, 2019, 04:05:57 PM
Anybody know why the full 2019 range hasn't been added to amazon yet?

Sim

I'm happy to say I no longer mind the colouration of the Stegosaurus.  I now think that figure is simply superb.  I'm planning to get it and I think the Allosaurus too.  I have considered getting the Pteranodon as well, but I'm just not interested in figures of short-tailed pterosaurs for as long as there isn't a figure I like of a long-tailed pterosaur that isn't a dimorphodontian.  I hope that for 2021 Safari will release a new Rhamphorhynchus or a Dorygnathus.  I'd also be very happy to see the 2021 Safari line-up include Nothosaurus mirabilis, Plateosaurus, Saurornithoides and Herrerasaurus.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Sim on October 28, 2019, 01:37:05 PM
I'm happy to say I no longer mind the colouration of the Stegosaurus.  I now think that figure is simply superb.  I'm planning to get it and I think the Allosaurus too.  I have considered getting the Pteranodon as well, but I'm just not interested in figures of short-tailed pterosaurs for as long as there isn't a figure I like of a long-tailed pterosaur that isn't a dimorphodontian.  I hope that for 2021 Safari will release a new Rhamphorhynchus or a Dorygnathus.  I'd also be very happy to see the 2021 Safari line-up include Nothosaurus mirabilis, Plateosaurus, Saurornithoides and Herrerasaurus.

Pterosaur diversity is definitely atrocious right now. How is it that no major company has made an anurognathid, or Eudimorphodont, or ctenochasmatoid, or wukongopterid? For years we got nothing but Pteranodontians. Now we get nothing but Pteranodontians (which include ornithocheiroids) and azhdarchoids (which include tapejarids). Yawn.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

suspsy

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on October 29, 2019, 12:28:08 AMPterosaur diversity is definitely atrocious right now. How is it that no major company has made an anurognathid, or Eudimorphodont, or ctenochasmatoid, or wukongopterid? For years we got nothing but Pteranodontians. Now we get nothing but Pteranodontians (which include ornithocheiroids) and azhdarchoids (which include tapejarids). Yawn.

YES. Gods yes. Give us Pterodaustro in all its filtering gory. Give us Dsungaripterus. Give us Darwinopterus. And give us either an adorable fuzzy little Anurognathus or a Jehelopterus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

Quote from: suspsy on October 29, 2019, 12:42:38 AM
Quote from: Dinoguy2 on October 29, 2019, 12:28:08 AMPterosaur diversity is definitely atrocious right now. How is it that no major company has made an anurognathid, or Eudimorphodont, or ctenochasmatoid, or wukongopterid? For years we got nothing but Pteranodontians. Now we get nothing but Pteranodontians (which include ornithocheiroids) and azhdarchoids (which include tapejarids). Yawn.

YES. Gods yes. Give us Pterodaustro in all its filtering gory. Give us Dsungaripterus. Give us Darwinopterus. And give us either an adorable fuzzy little Anurognathus or a Jehelopterus.

And also a dsungaripterus and ludydactylus.

Halichoeres

I'd like a Harpactognathus, Campylognathoides, or, as Sim suggested, a Rhamphorhynchus or Dorygnathus. Also, somehow nobody has made a decent attempt at a Pterodactylus for something like 30 years.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.