News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - new for 2019

Started by Kayakasaurus, July 31, 2018, 06:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I'm really liking all of the six revealed figures for next year. I still can't get over the idea of youtube reveals either, it was just so unexpected. Also, does anyone else think it odd that 4 of the 6 begin with the letter 'C'?

The Carnotaurus looks great and very accurate, it will be replacing my Papo one. The non-inclusion of tarsal scutes is also a great plus. I never got the Carnegie ones as Carnegie had already gone poof at the time I started, and since I already knew about Safari redoing their figures I didn't bother tracking it down (also the tail is touching the floor). Love the hands too.

The Coelodonta also looks great. I've never bought any woolly rhinos before so I kinda gotta get this one. I've heard the colouring is accurate on this one too, so excellent.

The Styracosaurus is a fantastic figure and I'm pleased to see one with the horn the correct way for Styracosaurus rather than Rubeosaurus, and Styracosaurus is a dinosaur I really like. Only downside is the over-representation of Ceratopsids. Could do with more ornithopods and thyreophoreans (probably misspelled) as well as any ornithomimosaurs, troodontids and alverezsaurs.

The Citipati is a great figure and I'm glad they've not called it Oviraptor. It somehow manages to be an improvement on the already fantastic Anzu from this year. Great colour scheme too. The fourth excellent Maniraptor from Safari.

The Camarasaurus is another great figure. It's a nice little sauropod (though I'm aware the figure is quite large) and one that I don't have any of in my collection, so it will be great to finally add this underrated animal to my collection.

The Prestosuchus is a genus which I had not heard of prior to this, and I have to say it is a fantastic choice. It is rare to see such a figure and though I will have to make sure it is as far from my Safari Acrocanthosaurus as my display table will allow, I will be pleased to purchase this.

I can't wait for these and whatever else Safari will be releasing next year.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Brocc21

That Bigfoot (as a sasquatch connoisseur myself) looks fricking fantastic.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Shonisaurus

I suppose that Safari will surprise us soon with other novelties, I believe that they can be five or six comparing the statistics of the last two years.

The best Safari like the rest of the toy dinosaur brands leave it to the end.

Jose S.M.

I'm very interested in what will come next. The Citipati, Camarasaurus and Styracosaurus are must haves for me, I'm still on the fence about the Carnotaurus, I love the look of everything until I get to the feet. I'll wait to see more "in hands" photos to decide. I hope we get an ornithopod this year.

Brocc21

I said this earlier but I'd like to see safari have a go at the future is wild esc figures. They got animals, dragons,dinosaurs, so why not karakillers.

Ravonium

Quote from: Brocc21 on September 18, 2018, 12:31:55 PM
I said this earlier but I'd like to see safari have a go at the future is wild esc figures. They got animals, dragons,dinosaurs, so why not karakillers.

I don't think Safari Ltd is financially willing to do products based on pre-existing media* (their mythical life line aren't, unless I'm mistaken, based on any franchises), so I highly doubt they'll do The Future is Wild figures anytime soon.

*Under pretty much all 1st world copyright laws, The Future is Wild is recent enough to be considered copyrighted material.

CMIPalaeo

Really like the Citipati and the Camarasaurus, they've both got a lot of charm.

However... am I the only one who thinks the Coelodonta sort of "splits the difference" between the traditional "white rhino in a fur coat" look and the actual life appearance of these creatures? I don't know, it just doesn't look quite as exaggerated in shape or coloration as the cave art suggests. The pale patch in the middle and the horn banding are  really faint, it seems a little short and stocky, and the ears don't look quite as lanceolate as they appear in art. I dunno, it's not bad it just seems... like it didn't go quite far enough?
Once a man is tired of dinosaurs, he is tired of life; for there is in a dinosaur all that life can afford.

Jose S.M.

According to a new post on their blog their full line up for next year will be announced on September 27, I'm very excited to see the rest of the prehistoric figures. Also to see what else they made even of I don't collect them.

Faelrin

Oh just another week from now. I'm pretty excited. I already know I want all six of the ones revealed so far.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

terrorchicken

crossing my fingers for thylacosmilus.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Can't wait to find out what the rest of the line-up is. Hoping for something truly spectacular.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

I guess Safari will surprise us with new figures of prehistoric animals that are not dinosaurs.

The same make an estemmenosuchus, in my case illusion is also lived.

suspsy

Only three more days (hopefully)!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Concavenator

Quote from: Concavenator on August 24, 2018, 12:42:26 PM
Since it's been confirmed several times from Safari themselves that what has been shown so far isn't all they've got in store for 2019,I will leave a few guesses that I'm relatively sure that at least one or two will be released:

Stegosaurus
Allosaurus
Pteranodon
Ichthyosaurus
Albertosaurus or Gorgosaurus ,either one of those
Deinonychus
Utahraptor

I can more or less tell confidently that at the very least one will indeed be real.

At this point,I don't think it's very hard to predict new releases species from Safari,since they are clearly trying to get the species from the Carnegie Collection back again.

The species I mentioned aren't random at all ,if you think it,they are very well known and famous species that were sculpted a long time ago and haven't had an update since them.And now that Carnegie is extinct,Safari may want to bring these "classic" species back.(The "classics" are good sellers ;) )

Now what's up to see is how many of those end up being real this year.Most probably all of the mentioned won't be released this year (that's to understand) but in any case,they may be released next year,or the following  :P

By the way I wanted to write this as soon as possible because since avatar_Dan @Dan from Dan's Dinosaurs has said that the upcoming Safaris will be open to preorden soon,that might be because Safari will reveal the whole lineup soon.

Anyways,has anyone really got an idea on when will the rest be revealed ?They have started unusually early this year ::)

Pd:Probably a recent ,exciting discovery will be incluyed in 2019's lineup just like they did this year with Anzu or Regaliceratops,or Yutyrannus in 2015.For example, Qianzhousaurus would be a good candidate due to its unique look
Guess I will come back to this post on Thursday and see how many species I will  have predicted  :P

suspsy

Brocc21

High hopes for

Allosaurus
Dromeasaur of some sort
Edmontosaurus resculpt(to fit with the new "he'll creek figures")
scutersaurus
And an elasmosaurus

Bonus for a slightly resculpted rex with a little less feathering to support newer findings!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Brocc21 on September 25, 2018, 09:54:47 PM
High hopes for

Allosaurus
Dromeasaur of some sort
Edmontosaurus resculpt(to fit with the new "he'll creek figures")
scutersaurus
And an elasmosaurus

Bonus for a slightly resculpted rex with a little less feathering to support newer findings!

I agree with most of this especially the Dromaeosaur and Edmontosaurus, but the current Scutosaurus is fine, and please anything but another T. rex. Sure less feathering, but how about on a different Tyrannosaurid like Albertosaurus, Daspletosaurus, Tarbosaurus or Gorgosaurus.

ItsTwentyBelow

QuoteAnd an elasmosaurus

But we already have a really nice Safari Elasmosaurus that was just released a few years ago...

suspsy

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on September 26, 2018, 07:34:10 AM
QuoteAnd an elasmosaurus

But we already have a really nice Safari Elasmosaurus that was just released a few years ago...

Indeed.

One more day left!

Shonisaurus

I am afraid that the long-awaited paraceratherium Safari 2019 will not be available, let alone the elasmotherium (they already made the antiquitatus coelodonta this coming year).

Anyway I have the illusion that Safari 2019 will surprise us with new beauties of figures, I understand that at least one or two new figures are missing to be revealed by Safari.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: