News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - new for 2019

Started by Kayakasaurus, July 31, 2018, 06:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

Maybe we'll get an Estemmenosuchus for 2019?  ::)

I think everyone would like to see Doug's take on this bizarre beast.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Flaffy on August 01, 2018, 07:26:50 PM
Maybe we'll get an Estemmenosuchus for 2019?  ::)

I think everyone would like to see Doug's take on this bizarre beast.

I hope he makes an estemmenosuchus Doug or a moschops. Unfortunately, the toy companies among which Safari is located can not fully satisfy each of our demands. They would have to make three hundred prehistoric animals each year at a time.

The important thing in my case is to dream. Sincerely I would like the estemmenosuchus on the part of Safari but I have the total certainty that the models of Safari of this next year will surprise us like every year pleasantly.

The same can be said of the rest of the prehistoric toy animal brands.

suspsy

I would like to see an Edaphosaurus to go with the Dimetrodon.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

amargasaurus cazaui

I have 2 questions in particular....does anyone know for sure if Doug did these sculpts for sure, or is that a given at this point?
Also asking from the standpoint of someone who isn't as heavy on the theropod thing as most....are the feet oversized for this model to avoid falling or do they look correct in proportion to the model? To me they appear rather big but curious if that's just my asthetic or not...to be sure I will still buy the model, it looks very nice . It is definitely an improvement over others offered.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Jose S.M.

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on August 01, 2018, 09:42:06 PM
I have 2 questions in particular....does anyone know for sure if Doug did these sculpts for sure, or is that a given at this point?
Also asking from the standpoint of someone who isn't as heavy on the theropod thing as most....are the feet oversized for this model to avoid falling or do they look correct in proportion to the model? To me they appear rather big but curious if that's just my asthetic or not...to be sure I will still buy the model, it looks very nice . It is definitely an improvement over others offered.

They look a bit big to me but I'm not sure if it's that they are big or that the toes are very "open", I've seen figures that the length of the toes is not that big but they are very separated. I'm going to have to see more of it to make my mind up regarding that. I think Doug made the Carno but that's just me guessing. The skin folds look like the ones Doug makes and the scales look smaller than in most Doug's sculpts but look similar to the ones on Gryposaurus. That makes me think it's his. I can't say about the rhino.

Minmiminime

I'm really hyped for this model, it's a must-have for me! Definitely Doug's style. I can't wait to see the full review of it 😊
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

tanystropheus

Quote from: suspsy on August 01, 2018, 08:32:57 PM
I would like to see an Edaphosaurus to go with the Dimetrodon.

After seeing how well the Dimetrodon came out, I would love to see DW interpretation of the Edaphosaurus.

Syndicate Bias

I might get that Carno the paint job is the best I've seen on a safari figure. Man why can't papo do this for us. Would like the amount of support safari shows to their fans from other companies

John

Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

John

Well this is the earliest that I've seen some previews of whats to come next year from Safari Ltd.,at least officially from the company.So far so good,the Carnotaurus will keep it's Carnegie Museum and Museum of Science,Boston predecessors company,and the Coelodonta looks nice too.As for what else is to come,I'm hoping that the trend of having at least one large scale model coming out alongside the smaller ones continues. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Syndicate Bias

If you scroll down some bioniclesaurus guy also has a package on the way. Apparently it's gonna be different figures so look around on YouTube for any new 2019 dinosaurs from Safari

tanystropheus

Quote from: John on August 02, 2018, 02:32:52 AM
...I'm hoping that the trend of having at least one large scale model coming out alongside the smaller ones continues. :)

You mean at least one large scale prosauropod along with smaller models...

John

Quote from: tanystropheus on August 02, 2018, 06:42:26 AM
Quote from: John on August 02, 2018, 02:32:52 AM
...I'm hoping that the trend of having at least one large scale model coming out alongside the smaller ones continues. :)

You mean at least one large scale prosauropod along with smaller models...

That's not quite what I mean,I meant generally larger and heavier models like last year's Kronosaurus and Tyrannosaurus and this years Amargasaurus as examples.But if what you said turns out to be what is released,that would be a very good thing too. :)

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on August 02, 2018, 05:36:42 AM
If you scroll down some bioniclesaurus guy also has a package on the way. Apparently it's gonna be different figures so look around on YouTube for any new 2019 dinosaurs from Safari
Thanks for the heads up!

Lizerd

Actually, what I really am look forward to is maybe some new large sauropods (that are actually large, proportional to say the rex) and possibly some mammals both right after K.T and less known mammals, and mastodons need some more publicity.
If you wonder where I'm active now, you can find me here- http://www.lustria-online.com/members/lizerd.17772/
It's been a good run here

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Lizerd on August 02, 2018, 04:27:20 PM
Actually, what I really am look forward to is maybe some new large sauropods (that are actually large, proportional to say the rex) and possibly some mammals both right after K.T and less known mammals, and mastodons need some more publicity.

Well safari already made a very nice Mastodon, I don't know of they are willing to make another unless they are very different. And a big sauropod in 1:35 scale is unlikely, it would be too big for Safari. They usually don't make figures that large, not even in the Carnegie Collection in the later years (their Brachiosaurus was criticized for being small). Since they have the Diplodocus already o would like them to keep their similar sized sauropods scale consistent with it, but Safari doesn't always sticks to a scale.
I would love to see more early mammals, the ones that lived among Dinosaurs are almost absent for major toy lines. And the ones right after the Mesozoic too.

Lizerd

Now early mammals, that would be cool :D
If you wonder where I'm active now, you can find me here- http://www.lustria-online.com/members/lizerd.17772/
It's been a good run here

Concavenator

I'm gonna go ahead and drop a little guesses on what's to come.I think that at least one of the following will come true  >:D

Allosaurus
Stegosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Concavenator
Baryonyx

Here they are!

Now seriously,though, we need an updated Allosaurus.There's not a single good and accurate representation of Allosaurus right now,just outdated models like the Papo one.And it is a genus that,sadly, has been pretty ignored by everyone in the latest years.I have my fingers crossed for one ,if it comes true the rest would kind of be icing the cake for me  ::)

BTW,that's one awesome Carnotaurus.I would say that right now it is one the most accurate representations of a large theropod available,with lips and without that disgusting shrink-wrapping.Though in my opinion the Carnegie Carnotaurus still has no match,it's just a masterpiece.In this context ,I don't think Carnotaurus needed an update so fast. Allosaurus and Stegosaurus are literally crying for a resculpt  ;D
But oh well,it's still a fantastic figure from what I can tell

Faelrin

Stegosaurus and Allosaurus are long overdo for new up to date figures, in both Safari Ltd's case, and in general. I really hope we get them this year, since we got the updated Feathered Tyrannosaurus in 2017, and new Triceratops and Ankylosaurus for 2018. Plus the Apatosaurus on my shelf is pretty lonely. They need some Jurassic friends.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Jose S.M.

Those  would be really good avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator . Specially Allosaurus, Stegosaurus and Concavenator. I feel the way you feel about Carno for the Brachiosaurus. I love the Carnegie one but some people don't like it's pose and colors so a new version would still be welcomed.

I would like to see a Cryolophosaurus by them too, and Sinraptor or Yangchuanosaurus.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on August 02, 2018, 05:36:42 AM

"some bioniclesaurus guy" is our 'dino-tuber' buddy Bioniclesaurus! https://www.youtube.com/user/BionicleSaurus He is also a DTF member although he hasn't posted yet. :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: