News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - new for 2019

Started by Kayakasaurus, July 31, 2018, 06:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

That's the Allosaurus model I have been wanting to have for so many years...

I can't wait for mine to arrive.

Dino Scream3232

Thank you for the kind words avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus. This model is fantastic. Had a lot of fun doing the review. As you can tell from my fossil replicas I'm a big fan of Allosaurus and this model lives up to my expectations. https://youtu.be/LFILm2vdTt4

Dino Scream3232

I have to say the stegosaurus is much better in hand. Lots of fine details. Scales great with the Allosaurus. https://youtu.be/FGJcaY1h0lI

Shonisaurus

D @Dino Scream3232 Superb review of the stegosaurus in this exceptional video. It is appreciated as you compare the figure of the Safari 2019 stegosaurus with other figures its predecessor of Safari (the second best figure of that species behind the Safari 2019 stegosaurus) and its comparison with that of other brands such as Toyway, Papo, Collecta or Bullyland for putting several examples.

Sincerely this year Mr. Doug Watson has made a prehistoric Jurassic fauna of luxury (camarasaurus, stegosaurus and allosaurus attest it).

Dino Scream3232

Thanks avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus. The best part about doing the reviews is taking out the older figures for comparison. Someni haveng handled in a long time. So it's nice to revisit them.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Do you have the older versions of Stegosaurus and Allosaurus to compare to, Dino Scream3232?

Dino Scream3232

avatar_Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) @Stuckasaurus I have the old Carnegie Allosaurus and stegosaurus buried somewhere. I tried finding them but I have no clue where they are. I think most of my Carnegie collection is at my parents house with my invictas.

Dan

Imagine if we all looked prettier after thirty years.

This Stegosaurus is my personal favorite of 2019. This animal always has such an enchanting silhouette, and the figure manages to look interesting from every angle. Like many of the new Safari releases, this paint scheme looks like it was inspired by the earlier Carnegie version. Even among thyreophorans, this species has a reputation for being painstaking to sculpt, so hats off to Mr. Watson on this beautiful piece.

Patrx

Agreed, the new Stegosaurus really does look like an excellent piece! I haven't seen it in person yet, but all the in-hand photos have been very promising.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Dino Scream3232 on March 08, 2019, 04:33:02 PM
Thanks avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus. The best part about doing the reviews is taking out the older figures for comparison. Someni haveng handled in a long time. So it's nice to revisit them.

D @Dino Scream3232 Thanks to you it is an honor and a luxury for me to see your amazing videos.  :)

Doug Watson

Quote from: Dan on March 09, 2019, 04:10:00 AM
, so hats off to Mr. Watson on this beautiful piece.

Hey avatar_Dan @Dan we are friends no need to be so formal you can call me Star-Lord  :))

suspsy

Quote from: Dan on March 09, 2019, 04:10:00 AM
Imagine if we all looked prettier after thirty years.

This Stegosaurus is my personal favorite of 2019. This animal always has such an enchanting silhouette, and the figure manages to look interesting from every angle. Like many of the new Safari releases, this paint scheme looks like it was inspired by the earlier Carnegie version. Even among thyreophorans, this species has a reputation for being painstaking to sculpt, so hats off to Mr. Watson on this beautiful piece.

Amen.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for the comparison photo. I was starting to get worried they would look too large next to my other models, but they look just about right to me!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Dino Scream3232 on March 08, 2019, 03:36:51 PM
I have to say the stegosaurus is much better in hand. Lots of fine details.
As someone who thinks that the Stegosaurus looks amazing anyway, the best mass market Stegosaurus ever, does that mean when I have it in hand I will think it is the best thing ever (better than sliced bread)?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Halichoeres

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on March 09, 2019, 09:50:28 PM
As someone who thinks that the Stegosaurus looks amazing anyway, the best mass market Stegosaurus ever, does that mean when I have it in hand I will think it is the best thing ever (better than sliced bread)?

I think so, yes.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on March 09, 2019, 09:50:28 PM

I have been critical about the Safari 2019 stegosaurus but now I affirm that it is the best figure of that dinosaur made to date, it would even include the resin dinosaurs. It is the first scientific stegosaurus (according to the latest discoveries) that has news in the paleoesculpture of the toy and resin paleoesculpture.

Concavenator

When it was first unveiled, I wasn't very fond on the Stegosaurus, mainly due to the color choice.Now that they updated the color scheme, it looks much better.For a change, it's not one of those red and green Stegosaurus.

No wonder it's the best version of the species available, it's the most accurate one and the only one that has the new proportions of Sophie.It looks to be a pretty good piece.I wonder how it would look along a Carnegie Miragaia::) Are they both on the same scale?

The new Allosaurus is splendid too.I think that, overall, this is a great year from Safari.Some  of the lineup are  real hits in my opinion( Stegosaurus,Allosaurus, Pteranodon, and the Camarasaurus, which is imo the best sauropod in figure form ever).

This is probably Safari's best year so far, along with 2017 I'd say.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

The Allosaurus looks like the best mass market Allosaurus too, I currently have no Allosaurus or Stegosaurus (and until I found the Bullyland one [which I think is Geosternbergia anyway] no Pteranodon) figures. I'm waiting for the Safari versions, and I don't care how long I have to wait.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: Concavenator on March 10, 2019, 02:22:10 PM
When it was first unveiled, I wasn't very fond on the Stegosaurus, mainly due to the color choice.Now that they updated the color scheme, it looks much better.For a change, it's not one of those red and green Stegosaurus.

No wonder it's the best version of the species available, it's the most accurate one and the only one that has the new proportions of Sophie.It looks to be a pretty good piece.I wonder how it would look along a Carnegie Miragaia::) Are they both on the same scale?

This is probably Safari's best year so far, along with 2017 I'd say.

The Stegosaurus is growing on me too. My one nitpick is that the spine doesn't seem to be as high above the hips and scapulae as it should be based on Scott Hartman's skeletal (http://www.skeletaldrawing.com/ornithiscians/stegosaurus). Nonetheless, I'll probably get it and when I do I'll try and remember to post an image alongside my Miragaia.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Shonisaurus

I pass a video of SpinoDude from the pteranodon of Safari 2019. It looks magnificent. The best pteranodon made to date.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhf12yQMJE0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: