News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2019

Started by Takama, August 13, 2018, 07:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brontozaurus

Quote from: MLMjp on February 07, 2019, 12:27:57 PM
Yesterday I came across the new Spinosaurus, and wow, it is like they painted the head and the teeth poorly on purpose! (And I came across more than one)
Seriously the figure has a great looking body but then you look at the head and the awfully painted teeth and you are like, what? ???

That's funny, I got mine yesterday and other than some white splashes around the teeth and some wear marks the head has been acceptably painted.

I'm still amazed that we got this figure from Schleich, not just because it's the 'new' look for Spinosaurus but because it's a reasonably plausible reconstruction, no bunny hands or anything. It's a bit of a bummer that it's come out the same year as Papo and Safari's renditions, we'd be losing our minds over it even more.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

tanystropheus

The Diabloceratops has some funny looking eyes.

Silvanusaurus

The teeth don't look too bad on mine...

(Although some dentistry may have been involved... ;))

Shonisaurus

avatar_Silvanusaurus @Silvanusaurus Well I do not see anything in this post.  :(

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 19, 2019, 08:31:25 PM
avatar_Silvanusaurus @Silvanusaurus Well I do not see anything in this post.  :(

Ah, I'm not sure why that is, the picture shows up for me.

ceratopsian

I can't see a picture either.  🙁

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on February 20, 2019, 07:24:02 PM

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: ceratopsian on February 20, 2019, 07:40:54 PM
I can't see a picture either.  🙁

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on February 20, 2019, 07:24:02 PM

Ok, I changed the link, does the image appear now?

ceratopsian

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on February 22, 2019, 07:11:01 PM
Ok, I changed the link, does the image appear now?

Yes, there it is!  Thank you.

Fenestra

Nice job on the pointy teeth.
I hate eating raw fish without them.

MLMjp

Quote from: mgaguilar on February 10, 2019, 09:29:06 PM
Quote from: MLMjp on February 07, 2019, 12:27:57 PM
Yesterday I came across the new Spinosaurus, and wow, it is like they painted the head and the teeth poorly on purpose! (And I came across more than one)
Seriously the figure has a great looking body but then you look at the head and the awfully painted teeth and you are like, what? ???

Where did you see it nearby? And can you take any photos of it to post?

avatar_mgaguilar @mgaguilar sorry for the late reply, unfortunately I found it in on a store who is somewhat far from where I'm staying and I did no bought it, so no photos. Sorry :(

Shonisaurus

avatar_Silvanusaurus @Silvanusaurus Now I see Schleich spinosaurus I can say that by far is the best theropod that has ever made the Schleich brand in its history and one of the best spinosaurus made to date in the market of collecting.

Minmiminime

Wow, great job on the teeth 😁 It's a vast improvement! I'm going to do the same thing when I get this figure. Also, on the CollectA Ceratosaurus that irks me so 😉
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Shonisaurus

I see that you have made a modification in the teeth of the spinosaurus, actually a dental surgery as you say more or less. The result is great.

mgaguilar

Picked her up and she's beautiful!

Minmiminime

Excellent pics, avatar_mgaguilar @mgaguilar ! Congratulations  :))
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Shonisaurus

This year is a fabulous year for the Schleich brand. Congratulations on your new acquisition, avatar_mgaguilar @mgaguilar

mgaguilar

Thank you both! I may have to look into filing the teeth down like Silvanusaurus did.
This figure is absolutely amazing. Stiff and strong plastic, unlike what Schleich normally uses (the bendy stuff), and VERY strong jaw hinge.
I adore it.

Killekor

Congratulations avatar_mgaguilar @mgaguilar for acquiring Schleich's new Spinosaurus! It's a beautiful model and the only reason why I didn't buy it is because I didn't had enough money to get it.

In fact I saw all the new "winter" releases in a local toy store. Both the repaints have a much worse color scheme than their predecessors, in particular the Dimetrodon which is a badly sculpted thing. The Dimorphodon is a really strange figure, and it's made from a really hard plastic which surprised me a lot (exactly as the fact that sadly it doesn't have an articulated jaw).
If I couldn't acquire the Spino I had the opportunity to get the Animantarx, which I like a lot. In particular I like how it's glossy eyes look, which they give it a really cute appareance. The species choice makes me hope for an Epidexipterix from them, one day or another. I'll soon post photos of it.

About the upcoming releases, here's my opinion about them:

Juvenile Giga: I really like it! Someone knows how big it will be?

Dracorex: the BEST dinosaur they've never made! Score 11 out of 10.

Diabloceratops: it looks really good, although I'm not really fond of it's color scheme. I think that a diabloceratops should be red and/or orange and purple.

Plesiosaurus: Finally, after 3 years from the first tease, we have it! Although I don't like it. It looks like it was sculpted by a young kid. The only thing that makes him interesting it's the bendable neck, which is a good idea from Schleich.

Finally, I think that Schleich is making each year better models and, consequentially, it's becoming a big threat for Safari and CollectA. In fact i think that this year it has surpassed all brands except PNSO.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Shonisaurus

avatar_Killekor @Killekor Welcome back to the forum. I honestly do not know if Schleich is the best toy dinosaur brand today in my case I think that in this year, any toy dinosaur company can win the best figure award by the Prehistoric Times magazine. Schleich has made great figures.

The diabloceratops, juvenile giganotosaurus and dracorex are epic. The plesiosaurus I will buy to complete my collection of Schleich dinosaurs but honestly that last figure does not fascinate me much I see that it is a figure of fill in the set of figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals of Schleich in this year 2019.

SidB

I hope that Schleich is aware of the positive reception of and towards their new approach to dinosaur sculpting. I suppose that the sales picture is the final determinant, but I'd like to think that quality of execution and accuracy, even if somewhat relative, can and do drive the sales' numbers. It would be great if this revival is permanent, not a blip in the overall picture.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: