News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2019

Started by Takama, August 13, 2018, 07:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilSauria

Missed opportunity from Schleich there with the marine reptile, we haven't had a decent Plesiosaurus or Elasmosaur for quite a while. Kinda looks like a kids' bath toy somehow ended up in with the more older-targeted collectables.

The Diabloceratops and Dracorex are probably the only ones I'll be bothering my bank balance with, especially that Ceratopsian.

Faelrin

Wow. I really like most of those. The Diabloceratops, Dracorex, and juvenile Giganotosaurus looks pretty decent for the most part (which was the case for their Spinosaurus). Maybe next year I'll get around to getting some of these, if not later this year. It's strange how poor the Plesiosaurus looks in comparison with the others. Oh well.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Takama

Joey

Quote from: Takama on January 31, 2019, 10:00:45 PM
more angls of the Plesiosaurus and Drocorex
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtT4fq-nhBy/
Wait, I think the neck on the Plesiosaurus is bendy, just look at one of the pictures with both of them, they have two different poses for their necks.

Shonisaurus

The Schleich diabloceratops 2019 the bird's eye view of said figure is ten out of ten an exceptional and indispensable figure to have in my collection of ceraptosides.

The dracorex of Schleich 2019 is very nice is just as great to the diabloceratops ten out of ten.

The 2018 Schleich giganotosaurus from a bird's eye sincerely is a true carcharodontosaurido and fortunately leaves the giganotosaurus of the repainted brand of 2019 in shame. It is a well-made theropod.

The weakest number is the plesiosaurus and honestly the Humbold Museum of Berlin of the same Schleich brand made a memorable figure that was the elasmosaurus and it is a pity that there is no Schleich brand improved or matched to that exceptional and iconic figure of marine reptile immortalized by Schleich almost a decade and a half ago. He is the weakest figure in the group.

As a conclusion I can see that Schleich, as I said, is now in the line of best toy dinosaur brands, and as a second point he is able to make obscure prehistoric animal figures in the toy market compared to what we were used to. and for me, an endearing brand of toys and they are making figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals that fortunately are also intended for adults.

I am truly in love with the Schleich brand. I would like to see more pictures of the diabloceratops and the dracorex and also the juvenile giganotosaurus of Schleich 2019. Sincerely, they have set the bar very high in the realization of prehistoric animals and I think I see in the dracorex, juvenile giganotosaurus and diabloceratops the hand of Vlad Konstantinov. The plesiosaurus (whose sculptor deserves me all the respect in the world) does not have the same stamp as the other three great figures, but that will not be an impediment for me to buy it (for complementos effects) sincerely I liked more the sculptor of the elasmosaurus of Schleich of the Humbold Museum I repeat and I understand that in the figure of the plesiosaurus there has been an evolutionary regression with respect to that fabulous figure of 2005 if I remember correctly, the neck of the elasmosaurus did not have that image of a "retro" marine reptile but also we must admit that in front of beauties such as spinosaurus, dracorex, diabloceratops, juvenile giganotosaurus, animantarx and dimorphodon (these last two at a lower level than the first four cited) there is always a "black sheep" in the companies and this is the case of plesiosaurus. It also happened to Papo with his amargasaurus of 2018 or Safari with his tyrannosaurus of 2019 (fortunately it is not made by the great Doug Watson).

I congratulate this brand and I am sure that it will end up making more hyperrealistic figures and improving its bar year after year. In fact it is already one of the relevant companies in the market of dinosaurs and prehistoric toy animals. My congratulations to the beloved Schleich brand that gave me so much joy when I was a young man in his twenties!

Brocc21

Wow. Schleich has stepped up in the world. They are actually trying! Ignoring the elephant in the room. The Diablo looks really good. I don't have the safari, or the CollectA (not that I want it) so I'll probably get this guy as Schleichs are easy to find in my area. Although it's feet are wrong  :(. The Dracorex (which I'll just refer to as such for simplicity) is one of the best Schleich figures in recent years! The Giga... looks like an actual Giaganotosaurus! What kind of witchcraft is this! And the elasmosaur...dear god that's ugly.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Shonisaurus

avatar_Brocc21 @Brocc21 More than witchcraft by Schleich understand that this brand has hired sculptors of height and is the reason why the figures have advanced one hundred percent. Schleich has given a 180ยบ turn.  ;)

Brocc21

And then god said let there be elasmosaurus
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

mgaguilar

Quote from: MLMjp on January 31, 2019, 04:46:57 PM
Quote from: Takama on January 31, 2019, 04:41:29 PM
And a Juvinile Giganotosaurus

I can believe it, a Giganotosaurus that actually looks like a Giganotosaurus. Why these sub-adult theropod are always miles better than their adult counterparts?

Schleich finally released a new Giganotosaurus! Finally, even though it's a juvi, doesn't look too bad. Hope the paint application and the teeth are not as horrific as the young Tyrannosaurus. From the photo, it looks amazing! Far better than the skull from the adult.

SidB

Quote from: Faelrin on January 31, 2019, 09:32:27 PM
Wow. I really like most of those. The Diabloceratops, Dracorex, and juvenile Giganotosaurus looks pretty decent for the most part (which was the case for their Spinosaurus). Maybe next year I'll get around to getting some of these, if not later this year. It's strange how poor the Plesiosaurus looks in comparison with the others. Oh well.
Historically, this takes us back to Replicasaurus days. Schleich would produce some fine products ( for example: Iguanodon, Shonisaurus, Saltasaurus), then market absurdities (e.g., Ceratosaurus, Baryonyx, Ouranosaurus) alongside them. One suspects that more than one artist was/is at work here.

Shonisaurus

A shonisaurus by Schleich to massive size and of the same length as the kronosaurus of Safari 2018 or even that the dunkleosteus of Collecta 2018 would be great. The shonisaurus is my favorite marine reptile and an updated version of that figure would be very welcome in this case as long as it was of the same genius as its shonisaurus from the 2005 Humbold Museum.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: suspsy on January 31, 2019, 05:59:23 PM
Good thing the Plesiosaurus has a bendable neck so you can get it out of that swan pose. Don't care at all for those big scales, though!

So avatar_suspsy @suspsy , does the pleisosaurus have a flexible neck? Then not as bad a figure as I had thought, although it is not to shoot rockets either. What I observe to be correct is the disposition of his closed mouth as it is represented in the paleoartistic works of that emblematic marine reptile.

Fembrogon

Apart from that laughable Elasmosaur, this is a surprisingly good-looking selection by Schleich, at least from first glance. I'll definitely consider that Giga.

tanystropheus

Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 31, 2019, 05:16:52 PM
Hey, they all look pretty good!

Except for the Plesiosaurus. Such a lazy sculpt doesn't deserve a place next to those other models. I agree, if I didn't know better I would think it was a cheap bath toy, squeaky dog toy, or Chinasaur.
e.g.  ;D

Image by avatar_Pilkington @Pilkington (from DTF V1 here)

Oh well, at least it's another marine reptile to add to my collection. I suppose it doesn't matter how bad the toy is when you're addicted.

I am actually surprised that there is such a lack of quality Plesiosaur toys in the market. The only decent Plesios that I remember are from Favorite Collection.

Shonisaurus

With all my regret I recognize that the plesiosaurus of Schleich 2019 is not what one would expect from this emblematic prehistoric reptile of the Mesozoic. The sculpture is quite poor (to deny it would be a complete absurdity for me). The only thing that perhaps attracts me to say something about this figure is that the neck is flexible which will allow you to put it in its correct position. But what was said by the members of the forum could have done something more detailed and honestly unfortunately it looks like a bath toy. Fortunately the other Schleich revelations are outstanding and have nothing to do with this figure that is the weakest of this year 2019 by Schleich and perhaps one of the weakest figures of prehistoric animals made by the majority of companies and brands this year. :(

MLMjp

Yesterday I came across the new Spinosaurus, and wow, it is like they painted the head and the teeth poorly on purpose! (And I came across more than one)
Seriously the figure has a great looking body but then you look at the head and the awfully painted teeth and you are like, what? ???

Shonisaurus

I pass a short video of Schleich plesiosaurus 2019 from everythingdinosaur

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0efu_9btVBI&feature=share

It is not a sincerely achieved figure but at least the neck can be flexed like the plesiosaurus scientifically described paleontologically. The painting is practically monocolor and seems to be quite small. Sincerely he is the weakest figure of Schleich 2019.

mgaguilar

Quote from: MLMjp on February 07, 2019, 12:27:57 PM
Yesterday I came across the new Spinosaurus, and wow, it is like they painted the head and the teeth poorly on purpose! (And I came across more than one)
Seriously the figure has a great looking body but then you look at the head and the awfully painted teeth and you are like, what? ???

Where did you see it nearby? And can you take any photos of it to post?

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: mgaguilar on February 10, 2019, 09:29:06 PM
Quote from: MLMjp on February 07, 2019, 12:27:57 PM

Where did you see it nearby? And can you take any photos of it to post?

Did you see it in an actual brick-and-mortar store?

Shonisaurus

By the way you can see in a very brief video of everythingdinosaur Schleich diabloceratops planned for July this year. It measures 16 centimeters long and 11 centimeters high so it is larger than its Safari counterpart in terms of size,

I pass the video (I do not know if it can be displayed).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlC7cfsJC4Q+

And the link to that news,

https://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2019/02/13/a-quick-preview-of-the-schleich-diabloceratops-model.html

Incidentally the pint of said ceraptoside is phenomenal.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: