News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Favorite "Softmodels" line: A Compendium (image heavy thread)

Started by RobinGoodfellow, September 03, 2018, 10:15:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Thanks to all of you :)  ^-^  :))

Shonisaurus

Thanks for your summary of Favorite Soft Model, Robin. By the way, do you already have the neovenator and the baryonyx on your shelves? I've ordered it from Brett.

Andreioli

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on September 03, 2018, 04:09:31 PM
Quote from: Sim on September 03, 2018, 02:38:05 PM
In addition to the expo black&blue Tyrannosaurus you mentioned, there's also an expo black Triceratops.

avatar_Sim @Sim  If you have a picture of black Triceratops, please add here.
I don't have one, sorry..

I stumbled upon some pics of the rare black Trike:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/153145586412
It's being sold by you-know-who in Hong Kong  ;)

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Andreioli on September 04, 2018, 07:43:46 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on September 03, 2018, 04:09:31 PM
Quote from: Sim on September 03, 2018, 02:38:05 PM
In addition to the expo black&blue Tyrannosaurus you mentioned, there's also an expo black Triceratops.

avatar_Sim @Sim  If you have a picture of black Triceratops, please add here.
I don't have one, sorry..

I stumbled upon some pics of the rare black Trike:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/153145586412
It's being sold by you-know-who in Hong Kong  ;)

Thank you very much.  ^-^
Picture added.
:)

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 04, 2018, 06:17:53 PM
(..) do you already have the neovenator and the baryonyx on your shelves? I've ordered it from Brett.

...you should read Brett's emails  ???  ... those figures already are in Emiko's hands (Brett's source) and will be shipped soon..  :-\

Shonisaurus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on September 04, 2018, 08:20:00 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 04, 2018, 06:17:53 PM
(..) do you already have the neovenator and the baryonyx on your shelves? I've ordered it from Brett.

...you should read Brett's emails  ???  ... those figures already are in Emiko's hands (Brett's source) and will be shipped soon..  :-\

I told you about it because Emiko is going to send it directly to me along with five of the ancient fish (except for the coelacanth that I already have on my shelves).

I'm waiting for Brett to respond soon.  :)

Halichoeres

Do you all think it makes sense to include the Favorite Georamas here? They were released alongside the first series of Softmodel dinosaurs and were intended to display them. Here's one with other companies' dinosaurs:

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 05, 2018, 07:04:44 PM
Do you all think it makes sense to include the Favorite Georamas here? They were released alongside the first series of Softmodel dinosaurs and were intended to display them.

No, you're totally right.
I completely forgot about those.
Pictures will follow.
Thanks so much.  ^-^

RobinGoodfellow

Favorite Ltd GEORAMAS

Jurassic Sea

Jurassic Forest

Cretaceous River

Cretaceous Forest

( Thank to Halicoeres for his suggestion  :) )

^-^

p.s Unfortunately I don't have more pictures of these Georamas in my archive..   :'(

Halichoeres

That was quick work! Are those photos from the Black Hills Institute? I have a couple of photos from the Cretaceous Forest Georama but they aren't as good for reference because I was focused on the plants.

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

postsaurischian

Maybe we should mention that there's also a series called "Paint the Dinosaur".
Nine of the series 1 models have been released unpainted in plain white.
https://www.f-favorite.net/SHOP/193776/473661/list.html

Halichoeres

I was able to find this image by manually trying URLs on the BHI site. (This is now saved to my Flickr, so you can use it if you like, even though it's much lower resolution than the others.)

It may be months before I can get back to Chicago but if we haven't found good images by then I'll try to take some photos.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 05, 2018, 08:44:35 PM
I was able to find this image by manually trying URLs on the BHI site. (This is now saved to my Flickr, so you can use it if you like, even though it's much lower resolution than the others.)

It may be months before I can get back to Chicago but if we haven't found good images by then I'll try to take some photos.

Thanks.  :)

PhilSauria

Never knew about these bases (always so much to learn) - they look awesome! This is quite a decent thread here now as far as documenting this line. I bought one of those paint-it Dinos when I couldn't find a Kinto Triceratops, so of course only weeks later was when I found a local gemstone and fossil store that had the whole Kinto range hanging up on (dust-covered) blister packs in the corner! One of those great collecting moments, for me.

Shonisaurus

Thanks for the pictures Robin, sincerely the first dinosaur versions of Favorite that samples was I believe, much better than his second batch of figures in some of the cases.

Daspletodave

By the way, the Black Hills Institute catalog is still selling the Favorite series 1 dinosaur models at very reasonable prices. As well, they also have 3 of the 4 Georamas.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Daspletodave on September 06, 2018, 06:10:51 PM
By the way, the Black Hills Institute catalog is still selling the Favorite series 1 dinosaur models at very reasonable prices. As well, they also have 3 of the 4 Georamas.

Yes, I know, but the shipping price to Europe is extremely high.
I already bought from BHI in the past... high shipping price, Customs taxes, really fragile items: an explosive combination.  :-\

RobinGoodfellow

** Favorite is announcing on Facebook a new line of figures **

On the Japan Favorite FB page there is a long note about a new line of figures designed by Kazunari Araki.
Google Translate doesn't work so well with japanese so, please, excuse me if news aren't totally right.

The new line is about japanese-only dinosaurs; they'll be mini figures.
The Fukui Prefectural Museum is a partner of that line of models.

The line will be available on September 2018.

Prototypes (released figures could be different):

( Fukuiraptor, Fukuisaurus, Fukuititan and Koshisaurus )

The original text (for japanese readers):

《開発中:手のひらサイズの日本の恐竜 vol.1》
私たちが住む日本。
日本で発見された恐竜の名前をいくつ言えるでしょうか?
日本の恐竜の姿はどのようなものだったのでしょうか?
素朴な疑問と、日本屈指の恐竜化石の発掘地である福井県に注目し、フェバリットでは、"フクイダイナソー"として日本産の恐竜の姿をフィギュア化し、その姿を探っていこうと思います。
「福井県と恐竜」
福井県勝山市といえば、日本屈指の恐竜化石の発掘地として知られています。また、同県にある福井県立恐竜博物館は世界三大恐竜博物館と言われ、日本を代表する恐竜博物館です。
はるか昔、この地にはどんな恐竜が住み、どのような太古の世界が繰り広げられていたのか。まだまだ馴染みの少ない日本の恐竜ですが、親近感のある日本の恐竜として、福井県から紐解いていき、その姿に迫っていきます。
「フィギュア化」
福井県勝山市から発掘された"フクイラプトル、フクイサウルス、フクイティタン、コシサウルス"をダイナソーミニモデルとして全身肉付きスタイルでフィギュア化。その姿や特徴、イメージを手のひらで感じて頂けます。日本のみならず海外へも発信し、世界中の恐竜ファンに認知される1つのきっかけとなれば幸いです。
「原型製作:荒木一成 氏」
原型製作は日本を代表する恐竜造形家 荒木一成氏によるものです。しっかりと作り込まれたディテールへのこだわりを感じます。本格的でかっこいい"日本産恐竜"が手のひらで蘇ります。
「監修:福井県立恐竜博物館」
福井県で発掘された恐竜を研究している福井県立恐竜博物館に監修していただくことで、学術的な根拠を盛り込んだ、より正確で魅力的な商品製作が可能となりました。
●紹介した画像は生産途中のサンプルとなります。実際の商品とは異なる場合がございます。
●発売時期:2018年9月予定

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: