News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Favorite "Softmodels" line: A Compendium (image heavy thread)

Started by RobinGoodfellow, September 03, 2018, 10:15:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Recently Dr. Admin asked for reviewers about missing Favorite at DinoToyBlog.
So I'm thinking that it's time for a reference thread about the "Softmodel" line.
There is an old thread about that but it's quite fragile due to missing pictures, missing updates etc etc..
There is already a reference thread about Favorite Desktop resin figures ( http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6300.0 )

I'm not a reviewer but I can help about Softmodels with some pictures.  O:-)
I hope it could be useful..  ^-^

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

S1

The Softmodel main line started quite long ago with 14 figures (13 + 1 color variation).
These models are now retired.

Tyrannosaurus "Orange"

Tyrannosaurus "Green"

(picture credits B @Bokisaurus  )

Allosaurus

Deinonychus

Pachycephalosaurus

Parasaurolophus

Triceratops

Styracosaurus

Stegosaurus

Ankylosaurus

Brachiosaurus

Apatosaurus

Plesiosaurus

Pteranodon

Spinosaurus (lately added to S1 - not in the original line-up)

Then Favorite added some color variations to the line.

The "Expo" Black&Blue Tyrannosaurus

The "Expo" Black Triceratops

The "Museum" Limited Edition Black&Yellow Tyrannosaurus

The "Museum" Limited Edition Triceratops

Edited from page 3

Showcase for S1 figures:

FD-251 / L28xW12xH17cm

Also Deinonychus had a color variation:

Complete Boxed Set (S1)

Dinosaur Set A

Dinosaur Set B

Dinosaur Set C

END OF PART 1

p.s.  Please, wait to add comments until I'll finish ALL the figures' catalog. Thank you very much.

RobinGoodfellow

S2

Favorite revamped the Softmodel Line with brand new figures on 2015.

Feathered Tyrannosaurus

Tyrannosaurus

Triceratops

Styracosaurus

Ankylosaurus

Parasaurolophus

Spinosaurus

Stegosaurus

Allosaurus

Brachiosaurus

Velociraptor

Pteranodon

Plesiosaurus

Also these figures had color variations (a whole new set):

Recently Favorite added 2 new figures to the "Softmodel" line.

Archaeopteryx

Swimming Spinosaurus

There was also a very limited and exclusive set of Softmodels that Favorite did as a prize for a contest:

**Edited from page 3**

2019 Mosasaurus (pvc & vinyl)

End of Part 2

p.s.  Please, wait to add comments until I'll finish ALL the figures' catalog. Thank you very much.

RobinGoodfellow

Favorite created another line of "softmodels" called "Prehistoric Life Softmodel".

Dunkleosteus

Anomalocaris

Archelon

Smilodon

Mammoth

Then Favorite added new figures to the "Prehistoric Life" line.

Opabinia

Dimetrodon

Megalodon

End of Part 3

p.s.  Please, wait to add comments until I'll finish ALL the figures' catalog. Thank you very much .

RobinGoodfellow

Recently Favorite released a line of mini "softmodels" called "Cambrian Creatures Mini Model Set" (8 figures + 1 color variation):

Wiwaxia

Canadaspis

Hallucigenia

Pikaia

Anomalocaris

Opabinia

Marrella

Olenoides

..the yellow Anomalocaris is available with the complete boxed set only..

End of Part 4

p.s.  Please, wait to add comments until I'll finish ALL the figures' catalog. Thank you very much .

RobinGoodfellow

..not strictly prehistoric but... : Ancient Fish Softmodel Line

Coelacanth

Arapaima

Silver Arowana

Saddler Bichir

Asian Arowana

Cuban Gar

Coelacanth (Vinyl Model)

End of Part 5

RobinGoodfellow

Favorite has also a "softmodel" line of big vinyl figures.
They are mainly figures for kids (not for collectors).
But there are exceptions  ;)

Just a quick example of the line:

(you can see the full list of available figures here: https://www.f-favorite.net/SHOP/193776/193957/list.html

On my opinion these are the figures a collector could buy:

Dunkleosteus

Pteranodon

..with variations..

Styracosaurus

Plesiosaurus

There are also these figures:

End of Part 6

RobinGoodfellow

Favorite has 2 lines of "soft" mini-models.

The classic line by Kazunari Araki:

..and the new line of mini diorama:

( edited from page 2 )

Favorite Ltd GEORAMAS

Jurassic Sea

Jurassic Forest

Cretaceous River

Cretaceous Forest

End of Part 7

RobinGoodfellow

And now the most interesting part (from a collector's point of view): the Museum/Expo Exclusives

Mr. Tokugawa presents his Museum Exclusive Tambatitan

Two "classic": Tarbosaurus and Saurolophus

"Expo" Concavenator & Pelacanimimus

(picture credits B @Bokisaurus  )

"Museum" exclusive Fukuiraptor and Fukuisaurus

The Fukui Expo 2016 Sets

Yutyrannus The Duel

Zhuchengtyrannus VS Sinoceratops

Bistahieversor VS Pentaceratops

Guanlong VS Yinlong

Redondasaurus VS Coelophysis

2018 Expo exclusives:  Baryonyx and Neovenator

..actually they're only available at 2018 Expo by Fukui Museum (Japan, of course.. ):

..that's all (I think  ::) )..

Please, feel free to add comments if something is missing. Thank you very much.

^-^

Sim

Nice idea for a thread, avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow. :)  Some thoughts I have:

I don't think the "Ancient Fish" belong here.  The great white shark (Carcharodon carcharias) has existed since prehistoric times and is even understood to have lived at the same time as Carcharocles megalodon, sometimes coexisting with it.  Great white shark figures aren't included in prehistoric animal threads of this forum, so why include these "ancient fish" models?  I don't think the great white shark is an exception either, I imagine most if not all extant species existed in prehistoric times too.  These "ancient fish" models aren't being marketed as prehistoric models, and when they've been brought up in threads here previously I've seen people get misled into thinking they are "prehistoric" figures, when they actually represent extant animals.

I think it would be good to make it clear Spinosaurus was added to the soft model series 1, as currently the way that series is introduced in your post could cause someone to overlook this, since the summary doesn't include the Spinosaurus ("The Softmodel main line started quite long ago with 14 figures (13 + 1 color variation)."), and it isn't in the group photo of the series 1 soft models.

In addition to the expo black&blue Tyrannosaurus you mentioned, there's also an expo black Triceratops.  I think it's shown on the left in this photo you posted:

spinosaurus1

IrritatorRaji

I've been needing a decent Baryonyx for ages, I'm so happy that this has been released!

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Sim on September 03, 2018, 02:38:05 PM
In addition to the expo black&blue Tyrannosaurus you mentioned, there's also an expo black Triceratops.

avatar_Sim @Sim  If you have a picture of black Triceratops, please add here.
I don't have one, sorry..

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on September 03, 2018, 02:40:58 PM
I've been needing a decent Baryonyx for ages, I'm so happy that this has been released!

I hope you did your order to Brett because, as an Expo exclusive, for sure it will reach an high price on Ebay..  ;)

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on September 03, 2018, 04:19:39 PM
Quote from: IrritatorRaji on September 03, 2018, 02:40:58 PM

I hope you did your order to Brett because, as an Expo exclusive, for sure it will reach an high price on Ebay..  ;)

Ah crap...

acro-man

Man, you just got EVERYTHING.
Your collection is the library of all dinosaur models ever made. 8)
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Roselaar

Very informative, thanks! Can't wait for all the Exclusives Brett is currently handling for me to arrive. :)

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: acro-man on September 03, 2018, 06:37:29 PM
Man, you just got EVERYTHING.
Your collection is the library of all dinosaur models ever made. 8)

Thanks.. but only figures where "Hans" is portrayed are from my personal collection..  ;)

:)

Halichoeres

Thanks for putting this together! It's not a particularly huge line, but I think people find it confusing anyway, so it's helpful to have them organized like this.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

PhilSauria

Thanks Robin for resurrecting this one, this line is a particular 'favorite' of mine (yeah, had to say it - groan as required) as I have been a fan of the sculptor's work for a while, and I am including the preceding Kinto line in that comment. And with top notch photos as always to best show off the figures. I have managed to get hold of just about all of the releases except for the Museum exclusives, and it pains me that I am going to have to miss out on the Baryonyx and its friend due to financial commitments this time around. Life is all about timing, and money - and if you have the money at the time!

DinoToyForum

What a great summary, this thread exemplifies what the 'Dinosaur Toy Lines' section of the DTF should be about. An extremely useful resource, thanks!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.