News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - new for 2019

Started by Syndicate Bias, October 25, 2018, 04:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 12, 2019, 01:49:21 AM
Is Papo spinosaurus limited edition now, is it delayed until December 2019? Sincerely Papo is playing with the feelings of people and collectors.

Not as much as playing with my feelings over a Giganotosaurus mini for years

Time to start hunting for 2020 releases leaks and info...at this point the Spino might as well be a 2020 release

dragon53

Today's email from Happy Hen confirms the Spinosaurus is delayed to first week of December:

"Papo 2019 Limited Edition
Quadrupedal Spinosaurus Update!
Happy Hen Toys will have in stock first week of December! (Delayed by Papo)"

Shonisaurus

Then I will be able to order the spinosaurus from everythingdinosaur at the beginning of December at least we won't have to wait completely for the Christmas holidays.

Faelrin

Good to see when they are getting it. Just a few more weeks now.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Faelrin on October 26, 2019, 09:31:15 PM
Good to see when they are getting it. Just a few more weeks now.

;-; just a few more years for the Giganotosaurus

Also

http://shop.modellpferdeversand.de/Papo-Figuren/Papo-Prehistoric-Line/Papo-80105-Dinosaurierset::11781.html

Definitely not 2020 but i guess it's almost that time for any early leaks anyways.

PhilSauria

According to Mini Zoo here in Australia we won't see the Limited Edition Spinosaurus until early in the new year (there goes the Christmas present to myself!).

Bumped again, for us at any rate. At least I am reasonably confident about finally getting my hands on one, which is more than I can say for that (expletive) Mattel Plesiosaurus, the other Holy Grail for me at the moment.

Duna

I have a question, when voting for the best model of the year, what is taken on account, the year it was revealed or the year it was released on the market? Could the Papo spinosaurus be the best figure of 2019 or 2020?  :-\

PumperKrickel

Quote from: Duna on November 01, 2019, 11:29:57 AM
I have a question, when voting for the best model of the year, what is taken on account, the year it was revealed or the year it was released on the market? Could the Papo spinosaurus be the best figure of 2019 or 2020?  :-\

It´s year of release. Figures can look vastly different in real life compared to the promotional photos.

Shonisaurus

I sincerely would have liked to have between my shelves and the two spinosaurus in charge of urzeitshop (this paid) and eveythingdinosaur The Papo brand is being very unofficial with its customers, it is and forgive the expression a "tease".

Concavenator

Quote from: PumperKrickel on November 01, 2019, 11:46:43 AM

It´s year of release. Figures can look vastly different in real life compared to the promotional photos.

Not necessarily. Based on your reasoning, Safari's Camarasaurus, for example, would be a 2018 figure instead of a 2019 figure because it was first released in 2018, but Safari supposedly made it for 2019.
I was thinking of creating a voting thread for the best figures of 2019, but I'm not sure whether to include the Papo Spino or not.I have heard Minizoo has said they will have in stock early next year but Urzeitshop said they would have it in stock the first week of December. And all the other 2019 figures have already been released so far so...

Andreioli

There's a photo of the Papo 2019 Spinosaurus in it's box on Baidu:

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6329505492

Shouldn't be long now 'till it's released.

Also, the box says "#1"
This could be the first in a series of limited releases.

Syndicate Bias

Saw this earlier on Baidu it's finally coming together also I can't help but notice that #1 I hope that's the model number and not what I think it actually means 🙃

Edit: Didn't see what you wrote under the link oops

Shonisaurus

It looks like Papo's spinosaurus 2019 (new version) of lower quality than the prototype judging by the picture of the figure in the baidu box. I hope I'm wrong as it happened to me with many collectibles and toy figures.

It does not seem so spectacular although I have faith that the figure will be great. It is one of my favorite spinosaurus along with that of PNSO and that of Schleich and maybe Nanmu and Rebor?

PhilSauria

When do Papo figures ever match up with the initial images and prototypes?, not that often, but this one still looks great to me and I am looking forward to placing my order when it comes available at Mini Zoo in the new year.

I must say that I expected the box to be a bit classier given the whole Limited Edition status, something more along the lines of the great packaging we see from PNSO or Rebor.

Syndicate Bias

The box seema nicer than I initially thought though. I was under the impression it would be exactly like the pair boxes we always see and while it is the same it has some gold here and there and it looks a bit fancier. The paint app looks a little more...flat than the original but nonetheless very close to it and I will be placing for two.

Papo figures never really dissapoint me.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: PhilSauria on November 07, 2019, 09:12:48 PM
When do Papo figures ever match up with the initial images and prototypes?, not that often, but this one still looks great to me and I am looking forward to placing my order when it comes available at Mini Zoo in the new year.

I must say that I expected the box to be a bit classier given the whole Limited Edition status, something more along the lines of the great packaging we see from PNSO or Rebor.

Fortunately, Papo's real figures coincided with the original prototypes in the pentaceratops, gorgosaurus and repainted stegosaurus of 2019. I attest that they look as beautiful as their promotional images something that does not happen with their repainted allosaurus of 2019. But it is true of all The spinosaurus is beautiful and I hope to have it double on my shelves and Papo's box has improved in terms of presentation luxury and is honestly comparable to Nanmu, Rebor or PNSO presentation boxes in terms of quality.

PumperKrickel

Quote from: Concavenator on November 02, 2019, 10:35:26 AM
Quote from: PumperKrickel on November 01, 2019, 11:46:43 AM

Not necessarily. Based on your reasoning, Safari's Camarasaurus, for example, would be a 2018 figure instead of a 2019 figure because it was first released in 2018, but Safari supposedly made it for 2019.
I was thinking of creating a voting thread for the best figures of 2019, but I'm not sure whether to include the Papo Spino or not.I have heard Minizoo has said they will have in stock early next year but Urzeitshop said they would have it in stock the first week of December. And all the other 2019 figures have already been released so far so...

What I meant to say was that when making a poll in the past we usually tried to make sure that everyone had had ample time to buy the figures and see/handle them in person before voting. Camarasaurus and the other Safari figures for 2019 first became available in late November 2018, they weren´t widely available until early 2019.

dragon53

When does Papo release info on its 2020 dinosaurs?

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: dragon53 on November 10, 2019, 03:15:25 PM
When does Papo release info on its 2020 dinosaurs?

December at the earliest. January is when we heard of the last 2019 figure being the Spino.

Usually they don't take till January though but with the new limited edition dinosaurs they might be doing I'd assume we have to wait till January to see the full releases.

Past couple of years it used to leak early around October or November but I guess it's been harder to do it for whoever it was that was doing it.

dragon53

SYNDICATE BIAS:

Thanks for the info.
So in December, Papo will confirm it is releasing its long-rumored Giganotosaurus.   ::)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: