News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA - new for 2019

Started by Halichoeres, November 02, 2018, 03:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

SidB

This is the Baryonyx that I had been hoping for, mutatis mutandis, when Papo had produced their disappointing product. The bit of "sloppiness" around the teeth can easily be corrected. Superb sculpt.

Shonisaurus

This baryonyx from Collecta is totally awesome, well sculpted and with a few touches of conservative and at the same time beautiful paint. On the other hand it is very well proportioned figure and the most important thing is light years from its predecessor in the brand both the Deluxe range and the standard range. It is perhaps the nicest theropod figure of Collecta made this year and sincerely I get the impression that as always Collecta has surpassed itself with respect to the previous years in the development of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals especially the edaphosaurus and elasmotherium.

Thank you Concavenator for sharing this video. It's very nice.

Bokisaurus

What a beautiful figure, can't wait to get it :)

tanystropheus

Quote from: SidB on May 11, 2019, 12:48:10 PM
This is the Baryonyx that I had been hoping for, mutatis mutandis, when Papo had produced their disappointing product. The bit of "sloppiness" around the teeth can easily be corrected. Superb sculpt.

It's better than the Papo but it also seems like there's a Papo influence on this interpretation, even more so than the other Barys out there (e.g. Favorite, Mattel)

Shonisaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 11, 2019, 08:18:49 PM
Quote from: SidB on May 11, 2019, 12:48:10 PM

It's better than the Papo but it also seems like there's a Papo influence on this interpretation, even more so than the other Barys out there (e.g. Favorite, Mattel)

For me, Collecta's baryonyx and Favorite's are on par for two reasons.

I like Favorite (it does not have an articulated jaw) but it has a removable base) and it does not hold properly without a base.

I like that of Collecta has non-removable support base but in nevertheless has articulated jaws.

The beauty of both figures from the paleoartistic point of view are the same for me. The only defects of each brand have been noted in the second and third paragraphs. In any case figures that one if it is in its possibilities should collect as long as it is an enthusiast of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals.

Silvanusaurus

Sweet Jupiter, with the mouth closed that thing looks just awful! The whole head is really awkwardly designed and that is possibly the worst looking articulated jaw I've ever seen. If there is a choice I always prefer to have the mouths of my dinosaurs closed, so that is really annoying. Honestly the whole thing is pretty goofy looking, I don't think it holds a candle to the Favorite. Not that any of that will stop me buying it, it's my boy Baryonyx and I'll like it all the same.

stargatedalek

It looks like what I imagine the result would be if someone heavily customized the Papo. It looks quite great and I for one rather like how the moving segment of the throat looks like a pouch.

Killekor

The Baryonyx is not exactly how I expected it from the promotional photos. From one part it looks cleaner and better, but from the other the lower jaw looks too ugly. I agree with Silvanusaurus about it.
Anyways, for me this figure remains a total pass, considering the color scheme (which I don't like) and the non-removable base (I hate non-removable bases in toys!)

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Shonisaurus

Undoubtedly I would like to have all news of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals of Collecta including the baryonyx but the news have not yet arrived at my store of the life of the Museum of Natural Sciences of Madrid. In this way I will wait for what is needed in my case with the brands Papo, Collecta and Schleich I am not in a hurry. I owe my store all my life.

PhilSauria

Quote from: Killekor on May 12, 2019, 05:42:45 PM
The Baryonyx is not exactly how I expected it from the promotional photos. From one part it looks cleaner and better, but from the other the lower jaw looks too ugly. I agree with Silvanusaurus about it.
Anyways, for me this figure remains a total pass, considering the color scheme (which I don't like) and the non-removable base (I hate non-removable bases in toys!)

Killekor

Same. The more I'm seeing of this figure the less it appeals to me. Think I'll be joining the ranks of the "pass" on this one. I am however eagerly awaiting the availability of that Elasmotherium.

Shonisaurus

What I do not like about the baryonyx is its articulated jaw like all the prehistoric animal theropods with articulated jaws. The seams are noticeable for their misfortune and in a certain way it gives an image if the articulated jaw is not well finished to the theropod in this case of a figure of ventriloquist doll. Is what perhaps in my case that I do not like Collecta baryonyx being by far the coolest theropod of that brand this year but for example its carnotaurus pair although it is a figure from my point of view less finished than the baryonyx attracts me more Collecta not having done it with such a jaw and the same can be said of the fukuivenator although it must be recognized that this last figure is perhaps the weak figure of Collecta this year.

In my case I prefer the non-removable bases for reasons of stability and space and from my point of view it is more practical and aesthetic for me even though there are members of DTF (perhaps the majority) who do not agree with my statements.

Renecito

Best baryonyx figure ever produced. Simply stunning!!!
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Shonisaurus

Ceratopsianking

I'm glad that the Baryonyx is smaller than expected so it takes up less space on my shelf

postsaurischian

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on May 11, 2019, 11:57:30 PM
Sweet Jupiter, with the mouth closed that thing looks just awful! The whole head is really awkwardly designed and that is possibly the worst looking articulated jaw I've ever seen. If there is a choice I always prefer to have the mouths of my dinosaurs closed, so that is really annoying. Honestly the whole thing is pretty goofy looking, I don't think it holds a candle to the Favorite. .......

I do agree. After the Favorite figure I do not want this one.

mandosaur

Just saw on Minizoo that the following are retired by CollectA, haven't heard of these being retired before until today, any correction to this news would be good:

1. Gigantoraptor (Procon)
2. Hylaeosaurus (Deluxe)
3. Irritator (w/no base)
4. Lexovisaurus
5. Nigersaurus (Deluxe)
6. Nothronycus
7. Pacyrhinosaurus
8. Shunosaurus

MLMjp

Really like how the Baryonyx turned out, yes the articulated jaw makes it look a little weird but it does not bother me.

suspsy

Quote from: mandosaur on May 25, 2019, 09:58:13 PM
Just saw on Minizoo that the following are retired by CollectA, haven't heard of these being retired before until today, any correction to this news would be good:

1. Gigantoraptor (Procon)
2. Hylaeosaurus (Deluxe)
3. Irritator (w/no base)
4. Lexovisaurus
5. Nigersaurus (Deluxe)
6. Nothronycus
7. Pacyrhinosaurus
8. Shunosaurus

Good! Those are all woefully outdated and inferior compared to CollectA's current products. And perhaps we'll get an updated version of one of them in 2020. A Deluxe Gigantoraptor would be swell.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Ceratopsianking

I personally only like the Nigersaurus and that one is just ok and I'd love to see a Gigantoraptor and Pachyrhinosaurus

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: