News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA 2020 Hopes and Dreams

Started by suspsy, November 27, 2018, 03:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Let's see how lucky this turns out to be in less than a year. Some of mine overlap with Safari H&D, but that's because I really want that species in plastic form.  ::)

Dawn Dragons
Cotylorhynchus
Desmatosuchus
Gorgonops
Lisowicia
Smok

Terrorizing Theropods
Dakotaraptor
Deinonychus
Conchoraptor
Dromaeosaurus
Gigantoraptor (new version)
Sinocalliopterx
Yi qi
Zhenyuanlong

Stupendous Sauropodomorphs
Aardonyx
Barosaurus
Europasaurus
Giraffatitan
Ledumahadi
Turiasaurus

Mighty Marginocephalians
Aquilops
Centrosaurus
Prenocephale
Torosaurus (new version)
Wendiceratops
Zuniceratops

Outstanding Ornithopods
Dryosaurus
Edmontosaurus
Hypacrosaurus
Shantungosaurus

Thick Thyreophorans
Pinacosaurus
Scolosaurus
Tarchia
Zuul

Fabulous Flyers
Caviramus
Hatzegopteryx (new version)
Pterodaustro
Rhamphorhynchus

Savage Sea Monsters
Jaekelopterus
Henodus
Dakosaurus
Machimosaurus
Prognathodon
Livyatan

Marvellous Megafauna
Arctotherium
Hyracotherium
Megatherium
Sivatherium
Steller's Sea Cow
Syntheoceras
Thylacosmilus

Bodacious Birds
Aepyornis
Icadyptes
Pelagornis
Phorusracos
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

stargatedalek

I just want a bird, any bird. This year we got no bird.

Kelenken mini doesn't count, it's a reused sculpt.

Not even a modern bird this year.

Shonisaurus

Among the dinosaurs that Collecta could do.

It would be a triceratops (although I would prefer a chasmosaurus, ahrrinoceratops, pentaceratops, anchiceratops or torosaurus) Deluxe.

A reediction of ankylosaurus I think is necessary and if not, a Euoplocephalus Deluxe of Collecta.

A megaraptor, dakotaraptor, tarbosaurus, albertosaurus, allosaurus (reedited), gorgosaurus, alioramus, majungasaurus, rajasaurus (deluxe or standard sizes) but well made.

Obviously when I discontinued the paraceratherium I see it very difficult for Collecta to make another figure of that majestic prehistoric mammal in years, perhaps never more unfortunately. But they could make a toxodon, glyptodon, doedicurus, diprotodon, meganthereum, eusmilus, thylacosmilus, borhyaena, thylacoleo, procoptodon, megalania, purussaurus, barburofelis, emeus craus, raphus cucullatus, pelagornis, dinornis maximus, haspagornis morei (eagle of Hast), quagga , coryphodon, teleoceras, embolotherium, brontops. To give examples of the Cenozoic.

From Palaeozoic, Triassic and marine animals Atopodentatus (deluxe size), Archelon, Mixosaurus, Shonisaurus (my namesake), Nothosaurus, Moschops, Cacops, Casea, Diadectes, a Gorgonopsido (Gorgonops, Rubidgea), Diplocaulus or Shringasaurus in Deluxe size. It would be interesting a shringasaurus in Deluxe size.

Pterosaurus and flying animals except Xi qi I doubt they do any considering that they have already released the caiuajara this year. For me it would be a surprise and joy to make a pterosaur in Deluxe or standard size and not Deluxe Supreme as we are accustomed, I say so that there is a variety of sizes of pterosaurs. But what has been said I do not think they make any prehistoric pterosaur or animal of the flying Cenozoic.

If one of my dreams were fulfilled at least one ceraptoside without the tuft of feathers I would be more than satisfied (in fact I am content with nothing sincerely), but from Collecta you can expect very obscure prehistoric animals. What they can manufacture is unpredictable.

suspsy

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 27, 2018, 04:01:31 PM
I just want a bird, any bird. This year we got no bird.

Kelenken mini doesn't count, it's a reused sculpt.

Not even a modern bird this year.

You're right! I've added some birds to my list!

ITdactyl

while I'd normally wish for an azhdarchid, I'm still hoping they'd produce a Pterodactylus - y'know, so there'd be a proper "pterodactyl" toy.

Halichoeres

Quote from: ITdactyl on November 27, 2018, 05:02:11 PM
while I'd normally wish for an azhdarchid, I'm still hoping they'd produce a Pterodactylus - y'know, so there'd be a proper "pterodactyl" toy.

A Pterodactylus would be welcome. As far as I'm concerned this genus has never been made well, despite giving its name as a shorthand for the whole clade.

Quote from: suspsy on November 27, 2018, 03:46:10 PM
Conchoraptor
Sinocalliopterx

Barosaurus
Giraffatitan
Turiasaurus

Aquilops
Prenocephale

Dryosaurus
Edmontosaurus
Hypacrosaurus

Pinacosaurus
Scolosaurus
Tarchia
Zuul

Caviramus
Hatzegopteryx (new version)
Pterodaustro
Rhamphorhynchus

Jaekelopterus
Dakosaurus
Machimosaurus
Prognathodon

I'd buy these.

I'm sure CollectA will make some new Cretaceous dinosaurs, so I'm not going to request any specific ones, but they really need to look at other periods more. I'd like to see:

Ordovician-Devonian
literally almost anything would make me happy, vertebrate or invertebrate or even early plants/fungi (Prototaxites? Cooksonia?)

Carboniferous
Pulmonoscorpius
Rhizodus

Permian
Cotylorhynchus
Elginia
Keratocephalus
Prionosuchus

Triassic
Erythrosuchus
A new Herrerasaurus. All current versions are ugly.
Shringasaurus

Jurassic
Anchisaurus
Heterodontosaurus

I don't think any of these will be made, but I'll keep wishing.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bokisaurus

For now, all I want is a large deluxe sauropod! It's long overdue from CollectA, perhaps a Patagotitan or a Mamenchi :D

Ravonium

Next year, my main hope is that there is at least one marine reptile in their lineup. There's not been one since 2017. As for specific taxa, Shonisaurus, some sort of small mosasaur (Phosphorosaurus and Platecarpus are the two that come to mind the most quickly), and an updated Rhomaleosaurus are my top picks, but I wouldn't mind anything.

Apart from that and a maniraptoran with good arm feathers, I think I'll just wait and see what they put out  :)

suspsy

I've also added some Permian and Triassic species to my list!

Shonisaurus

An updated brachiosaurus on the part of Collecta a giraffatitan Deluxe would be interesting. Although I believe that sales would not be as we would expect for a simple reason the bigger a solid PVC figure is more expensive in the toy market. Only collectors would buy it.

Halichoeres

Wouldn't mind a new tube with new species, either, although it seems like they tend to prefer miniature versions of existing models, which interest me a lot less. The 2017 marine tube was so great, but maybe it's too much to hope that they'll do something like that again.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

DragonRider02

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 28, 2018, 03:36:58 PM
Wouldn't mind a new tube with new species, either, although it seems like they tend to prefer miniature versions of existing models, which interest me a lot less. The 2017 marine tube was so great, but maybe it's too much to hope that they'll do something like that again.
I want a Pterosaur Tube!!

I would love to have tiny versions of large models, like Hatzegopteryx or Dimorphodon. I Wouldn't mind if it included a rerealese of already existing tiny Pteranodon and Quetzalcoatlus. It would be Just PERFECT!

Shonisaurus

A gigantoraptor from Collecta that accompanied his counterparts therizinosaurus and deinocheirus would be great.

The gigantoraptor is one of my favorite dinosaurs and sincerely is still very underrepresented or perhaps somewhat underrepresented, for example the therizinosaurus has better paleoartistic representation in the toy market compared to the gigantoraptor that fortunately is known more of its remains from the point of view paleontological if we except the remains of the other members of the therizinosaurus family

Halichoeres

Quote from: DragonRider02 on November 28, 2018, 04:15:21 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on November 28, 2018, 03:36:58 PM
I want a Pterosaur Tube!!

I would love to have tiny versions of large models, like Hatzegopteryx or Dimorphodon. I Wouldn't mind if it included a rerealese of already existing tiny Pteranodon and Quetzalcoatlus. It would be Just PERFECT!

A pterosaur tube would be amaaaaazing. I wouldn't mind if some of them were small versions of their large ones, like Dimorphodon, but I would hope also for some new species. Caulkicephalus, Cearadactylus, Pterodactylus, Dorygnathus, Harpactognathus, Scaphognathus, Peteinosaurus, Caelestiventus...

suspsy

Yeah, I'd snap up a pterosaur tube in an instant. A second marine tube would be great too.

ITdactyl

Yes to a pterosaur tube...

still wishing for a nice sized pterodactylus

...and if CollectA wants to go full meta.. they could add a Ludodactylus

AcroSauroTaurus

So soon...

Any of these species would be nice.
Desmatosuchus
Thylacosmilus
Agujaceratops
Spiclypeus
New Chasmosaurus
New Achelousaurus
New Tsintaosaurus
New Alioramus
New Paraceratherium
Corythoraptor
Megaloceros
Synthetoceras
Pediomeryx
Secodontosaurus
Sauropelta
Nodosaurus
Nyctosaurus
Dsungaripterus
Anancus
Placochelys
Centrosaurus
Coronosaurus
New Cryolophosaurus
Arizonasaurus
New Wuerhosaurus
Shantungosaurus
Livyatan
Odobenocetops
Kaprosuchus
Kubanochoerus
Saurolophus
New Ouranosaurus
Armadillosuchus
Nipponites
Spinophorosaurus
Omeisaurus
I'll stop the list here...
I am the Dinosaur King!

Shonisaurus

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres The cotylorhynchus is a pretty cool Paleozoic (Permian) animal. It would be interesting for Safari to do one.

On the other hand I would like Collecta to make more figures of the fauna of Burgess Shale at a reasonable size, I would prefer them to be a medium size instead of the miniatures to which we have accustomed the various toy animal companies.

Renecito

Gigantoraptor
Falcarius

Jeholopterus
Tanystropheus

Xiphactinus
Leedsichthys

A Cotylorhynchus would be great!!!
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Zhuchengotyrant

I only want two things:

A new Olorotitan
A new Tsintaosaurus

Both of which hopefully near 1:40
-Zhuchengotyrant

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: