News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA 2020 Hopes and Dreams

Started by suspsy, November 27, 2018, 03:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Among obscure figures I would like Safari to make the dinosaur called drinker that I believe is not yet represented in the toy world by any company.

Collecta is a master in making figures of obscure and rare animals and in addition to outstanding quality by Matthias Geiger. I would not be surprised if next year they surprised us with a rare figure in the toy market like the borealopelta or caiuajara, being honest. I would not mind if the drinker was made to standard scale.

Halichoeres

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on November 29, 2018, 02:48:01 AM
So soon...

Any of these species would be nice.
Desmatosuchus
New Tsintaosaurus
New Alioramus
Corythoraptor
Secodontosaurus
Nodosaurus
Placochelys
Arizonasaurus
Armadillosuchus
Spinophorosaurus
Omeisaurus

Not that I have a problem with anything else on your list, but the ones quoted here would be definite buys for me!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

New tsintaosaurus in Deluxe scale (with its new scientific appearance) would delude me more than two new theropod dinosaurs that are not of the tyrannosauroidea family.

A gorgosaurus or albertosaurus Deluxe from Collecta would be another successful addition to the Collecta range.

Vidusaurus

Given that I only managed to pick the new Borealopelta & updated Baryonyx from this year's releases, I'm just going to copy & paste my 2019 predictions for this thread and hope I get a few more right

Quote from: Vidusaurus on October 12, 2018, 02:37:56 AM
I think that guessing CollectA's future lineups is pretty much a crapshoot, even more than other companies, because of how obscure and varied their species choices are. That being said, here's my best guess/wishlist:

UPDATED SPECIES (while there's so many old models that need updating, I've limited myself to about half a dozen so this list doesn't go on forever):
Deluxe Paraceratherium
Deluxe Gigantoraptor (with proper feathering this time)
Chasmosaurus
Megalosaurus
Utahraptor (ideally deluxe)
Cetiosaurus
Lambeosaurus
Hatzegopteryx

NEW SPECIES:
Deluxe Yi
Dreadnoughtus or Patagotitan
Nothosaurus
Genyornis
Heterodontosaurus (possibly in the same style as their Hypsilophodon and Koreaceratops)
Zhenyuanlong
Pterodaustro
Campylognathoides
Edaphosaurus
Qianzhousaurus
Velafrons
Centrosaurus
Thalassodromeus
Shuvuuia
Gorgosaurus
Plesiosaurus
Monolophosaurus
Pareiasaurus
Tanystropheus
Synthetoceras
Deluxe Sivatherium
Caviramus
Globidens
Yutyrannus
Dryosaurus
Stegoceras

Ceratosaurus blogspot

Well, based on the last releases, I bet in 7 new dinosaur models but I can guess only three deluxe dinosaurs: Allosaurus, Giganotosaurus and Corythosaurus.

John

Quote from: Vidusaurus on February 09, 2019, 07:46:52 AM
Given that I only managed to pick the new Borealopelta & updated Baryonyx from this year's releases, I'm just going to copy & paste my 2019 predictions for this thread and hope I get a few more right

Quote from: Vidusaurus on October 12, 2018, 02:37:56 AM
I think that guessing CollectA's future lineups is pretty much a crapshoot, even more than other companies, because of how obscure and varied their species choices are. That being said, here's my best guess/wishlist:

NEW SPECIES:
Edaphosaurus
I've got some good news for you:Edaphosaurus turned out to be a correct prediction too.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Shonisaurus

A prehistoric amphibian as I have already commented on this thread would be interesting. I understand that a representative one could be a big surprise for those of us who are collectors. Except for Bullyland and Play Visions apart from Japanese brands I do not think much of this curious species existed before the dinosaurs.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Zhuchengotyrant on November 30, 2018, 03:42:43 AM
A new Olorotitan
A new Tsintaosaurus

Both of which hopefully near 1:40

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 28, 2018, 11:01:56 PM
Quote from: DragonRider02 on November 28, 2018, 04:15:21 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on November 28, 2018, 03:36:58 PM
Wouldn't mind a new tube with new species, either, although it seems like they tend to prefer miniature versions of existing models, which interest me a lot less. The 2017 marine tube was so great, but maybe it's too much to hope that they'll do something like that again.
I want a Pterosaur Tube!!

I would love to have tiny versions of large models, like Hatzegopteryx or Dimorphodon. I Wouldn't mind if it included a rerealese of already existing tiny Pteranodon and Quetzalcoatlus. It would be Just PERFECT!

A pterosaur tube would be amaaaaazing. I wouldn't mind if some of them were small versions of their large ones, like Dimorphodon, but I would hope also for some new species. Caulkicephalus, Cearadactylus, Pterodactylus, Dorygnathus, Harpactognathus, Scaphognathus, Peteinosaurus, Caelestiventus...

I support these 100%.

Quote from: ITdactyl on November 29, 2018, 01:16:39 AM
...and if CollectA wants to go full meta.. they could add a Ludodactylus

OMG, how great would that be? I mean, it pretty much translates to "toy pterodactyl"!!  ;D

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 28, 2018, 09:55:03 PM
A gigantoraptor from Collecta that accompanied his counterparts therizinosaurus and deinocheirus would be great.

Indeed! They need to complete their trifecta!
Also, I know some people feel that wacky display features on Gigantoraptor as portrayed in Dinosaur Revolution has become too much of a paleo-meme, but the toy world is sadly lacking in such reasonable yet bizarre speculative structures, and I think this would be a good one to try that out on.

As a 1:40 fanboy, I'm also hoping for close-to-scale models of:

Cameroceras
Prionosuchus
Lisowicia
Leedsichthys
Mamenchisaurus
Dreadnoughtus
Wendiceratops
Dakotaraptor
Hatzeopteryx (love Mark Witton's take on the new short necked interpretation!)

I'm still hoping they'll bring back the "small dinosaur families" idea and give us a Coelophysis pack, and maybe a Scutellosaurus family if they're feeling generous.

I'm also still pulling for Lurdusaurus, "the stupidest looking Iguanodont!"  :))

Shonisaurus

A dinosaur figure by Collecta interesting perhaps in its standard line would be the mononykus is a very poorly treated dinosaur in the toy market, at least I do not know any in the main toy dinosaur companies (Safari, Papo, Schleich, Collecta, Mojo). Collecta could make a pretty figure of this rare dinosaur.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I've never seen Dinosaur Revolution and didn't know they had such an exotic Gigantoraptor. I wouldn't mind a nice big Gigantoraptor from CollectA so long as they can do the hands/wings right, which I'm not sure yet.

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on March 05, 2019, 02:37:13 AM
SNIP

I'm still hoping they'll bring back the "small dinosaur families" idea and give us a Coelophysis pack, and maybe a Scutellosaurus family if they're feeling generous.

I'm also still pulling for Lurdusaurus, "the stupidest looking Iguanodont!"  :))
First, don't be mean to Lurdosaurus. Poor Lurdosaurus looks perfect. The list I've snipped sounds interesting, but again I wouldn't trust them with a Dakotaraptor, and I also don't want a really big figure of it. Maybe an actually 1:40 scale Dakotaraptor, which would be smaller than one in the so called 1:40 line. I'd really love a good Mamenchisaurus.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 05, 2019, 05:03:09 AM
A dinosaur figure by Collecta interesting perhaps in its standard line would be the mononykus is a very poorly treated dinosaur in the toy market, at least I do not know any in the main toy dinosaur companies (Safari, Papo, Schleich, Collecta, Mojo). Collecta could make a pretty figure of this rare dinosaur.
I'd really love a Mononykus too. I'd buy every decent or half-decent Mononykus figure made by anyone at this point.

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on March 05, 2019, 09:11:52 PM
I've never seen Dinosaur Revolution and didn't know they had such an exotic Gigantoraptor. I wouldn't mind a nice big Gigantoraptor from CollectA so long as they can do the hands/wings right, which I'm not sure yet.

SNIP

First, don't be mean to Lurdosaurus. Poor Lurdosaurus looks perfect. The list I've snipped sounds interesting, but again I wouldn't trust them with a Dakotaraptor, and I also don't want a really big figure of it. Maybe an actually 1:40 scale Dakotaraptor, which would be smaller than one in the so called 1:40 line. I'd really love a good Mamenchisaurus.

Oh, I'm a 1:40 scale fanboy, so it goes without saying I'd want a Dakotaraptor that fit in there. I'm willing to fudge it to 1:35 if need be.

I'm not trying to be down on Lurdusaurus! That's part of its appeal for me! Besides, I'm only referencing the title of this classic Tetrapod Zoology article Dr. Darren Naish wrote a while back:
https://scienceblogs.com/tetrapodzoology/2011/06/13/lurdusaurus-stupidest-iguanodontian

Halichoeres

As a 1:40 fanboy, I'm also hoping for close-to-scale models of:

Cameroceras
Prionosuchus
Lisowicia
Leedsichthys
Mamenchisaurus
Dreadnoughtus
Wendiceratops
Dakotaraptor
Hatzeopteryx (love Mark Witton's take on the new short necked interpretation!)

Good list, I'd buy most of those. I would also like to see them bring back the little families, but I have to say it doesn't look promising.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

A lurdusaurus for me the giant lazy Mesozoic would be great and Deluxe size to compete in size with its magnificent iguanodon.  :)

Oh, I forgot to mention:

Either a Qianzhousaurus or an updated Alioramus.

Concavenator

To be honest, the only thing I really want to see from CollectA is an updated dromaeosaur that's not Velociraptor. I would love to see one of these:

Utahraptor
Dakotaraptor
Deinonychus

Or even a Buitreraptor, or Austroraptor, as that branch of Dromaeosauridae is completely overlooked-well, in general, any dromaeosaurid besides Velociraptor is completely ignored.And the only dromaeosaur figure that's up to date is Safari's version, and that's it.

You know, it's always good to make new and exotic species, as I have always said, but over the years we have gotten figures of recently discovered dinosaurs, but we don't have a good Deinonychus figure, the dinosaur that made us change our whole concept of dinosaurs, and we also don't have a Megalosaurus figure, the first dinosaur discovered. It's not like I wanna specifically see that species, but being such a relevant discovery I can't understand how it is so overlooked.

Shonisaurus

A tanystropheus Deluxe scale 1:25 on the part of Collecta would be great.

On the other hand a nothosaurus or a standard size globidens would be good figures for the Collecta brand.

We need an ankylosaurus and a quality triceratops not the ones we currently have in Collecta.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Until CollectA gives as a Pennaraptor with accurate wings I won't believe they would. That said given how much better they are in recent years maybe they would. A Halszkaraptor would be nice, even if they did it in the usual pose.

Concavenator

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on April 07, 2019, 12:32:21 AM
Until CollectA gives as a Pennaraptor with accurate wings I won't believe they would. That said given how much better they are in recent years maybe they would. A Halszkaraptor would be nice, even if they did it in the usual pose.

They introduced two ornithomimosaurs in 2016, both without primaries.If they did a dromaeosaur now, I don't know if they would give them primaries, but their accuracy has improved in recent years.In any case, the only up to date dromaeosaurs now are the Safari Velociraptor and Microraptor.Imagine how a brand new Deluxe Utahraptor or Dakotaraptor would look from them, having seen their gorgeous 2019 lineup.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: