News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA 2020 Hopes and Dreams

Started by suspsy, November 27, 2018, 03:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

On that I totally agree improved figures of those theropods with non-removable bases would be great. I would like all theropods not to have an articulated jaw as has happened with their carnotaurus but it is a simple appreciation of mine. I would also like theropods with closed jaws like those made by other brands such as Safari. It is normal for carnivores to spend most of the day with their jaws relaxed and not in an attack position. Those details from my humble point of view would make the figures of Collecta figures much more collectible than they are today. It would be the highest degree of Collecta quality.

SidB

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 18, 2019, 10:14:50 PM
I hope that the Collecta 2020 prehistoric mammal is the paraceratherium but I am sure it will not be so since this year they made the elasmotherium in 2019 and the paraceratherium is a rhinoceros I do not think they are repeated when making prehistoric mammals of the same species two years in a row.

It would be the "miracle of the multiplication of loaves and fishes" metaphorically speaking.
Yes, probably rather unlikely, unfortunately, as we really need a new version of this great beast by Collecta, after the retirement of their older model. It was more representative of the older Procon/Collecta era with it's deficiencies. I'd be thrilled to see what they could do with the sculpt now, especially in the 1/20 scale. Now, that would be a serious chunk of plastic! Maybe too large for today's shipping costs, sadly.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: SidB on October 24, 2019, 01:14:10 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 18, 2019, 10:14:50 PM
I hope that the Collecta 2020 prehistoric mammal is the paraceratherium but I am sure it will not be so since this year they made the elasmotherium in 2019 and the paraceratherium is a rhinoceros I do not think they are repeated when making prehistoric mammals of the same species two years in a row.

It would be the "miracle of the multiplication of loaves and fishes" metaphorically speaking.
Yes, probably rather unlikely, unfortunately, as we really need a new version of this great beast by Collecta, after the retirement of their older model. It was more representative of the older Procon/Collecta era with it's deficiencies. I'd be thrilled to see what they could do with the sculpt now, especially in the 1/20 scale. Now, that would be a serious chunk of plastic! Maybe too large for today's shipping costs, sadly.

With the risk of a new worldwide recession, even toy and collectible brands are forced to make cuts when making new figures. A paraceratherium on a real scale of 1:20 (which would be fabulous) would cost a lot and it would be perhaps unprofitable to my regret because only DTF collectors or the like would buy it and not all. It's a shame what paraceratherium is a cursed animal in the toy market but I understand. Hopefully someday make a mark including Collecta make a paraceratherium is one of my favorite prehistoric mammals.  :-\

suspsy

I'd welcome a new Paraceratherium, but I'd really love it if CollectA started focusing on smaller prehistoric mammals as opposed to megafauna all the time. Eohippus would be great. So would Moeritherium or Ambulocetus.

Or how about an early hominin like Australopithecus or Ardipithecus?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Primeval12

Like I said in the safari thread, we need a Diictodon.

triceratops83

I'm dying to see the new releases - seriously Collecta and Safari are the be all end all of dinosaur figures for me, everything else is "well, we'll see..."

Like I said previously, I'm hoping for some nice tall conifers to go with their previous, fantastic trees. The old safari agathis conifer was, although nicely done, too small to go with most displays, but imagine a 30 - 40 cm tall monkey puzzle tree to tower over your dinosaurs. "Drool, drool..." I remember Daffy the Duck saying.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: primeval12 on October 24, 2019, 03:20:40 PM

avatar_Primeval12 @primeval12 A diictodon by Collecta would be an intelligent choice is a very rare animal and is a moderately known Paleozoic animal and I don't know any in the toy market I don't know if there is in the collecting market. Smart proposal in your case.

Primeval12

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 25, 2019, 11:32:01 AM
Quote from: primeval12 on October 24, 2019, 03:20:40 PM

avatar_Primeval12 @primeval12 A diictodon by Collecta would be an intelligent choice is a very rare animal and is a moderately known Paleozoic animal and I don't know any in the toy market I don't know if there is in the collecting market. Smart proposal in your case.

I'm surprised too. It's been in Primeval AND Walking With Monsters so it's relatively well-known.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: triceratops83 on October 25, 2019, 10:07:34 AM
I'm dying to see the new releases - seriously Collecta and Safari are the be all end all of dinosaur figures for me, everything else is "well, we'll see..."

Like I said previously, I'm hoping for some nice tall conifers to go with their previous, fantastic trees. The old safari agathis conifer was, although nicely done, too small to go with most displays, but imagine a 30 - 40 cm tall monkey puzzle tree to tower over your dinosaurs. "Drool, drool..." I remember Daffy the Duck saying.

I think Collecta and Safari could both do well to make a Bald Cypress and a Redwood tree, as both can be used in modern and prehistoric displays! It's always helpful to broaden your potential market that way.

SidB

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on October 27, 2019, 01:59:29 AM
Quote from: triceratops83 on October 25, 2019, 10:07:34 AM

I think Collecta and Safari could both do well to make a Bald Cypress and a Redwood tree, as both can be used in modern and prehistoric displays! It's always helpful to broaden your potential market that way.

The market potential seems to be the problem. Kids want dinosaurs first and foremost. Trees would be just fine if they weren't so expensive. Cost is a big issue. Creating a convincing specimen is not easy and is just as expensive as a dino to produce, without the market demand of the latter. Hence, so few trees available for us.

Shonisaurus

The same this Friday we should have news of the Collecta news of 2020 although perhaps thinking better is All Saints Day and therefore postponed to November 9.

Ravonium

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 28, 2019, 07:56:12 AM
The same this Friday we should have news of the Collecta news of 2020 although perhaps thinking better is All Saints Day and therefore postponed to November 9.

As the majority of the population in Hong Kong (where CollectA is based) doesn't observe All Saints Day, I highly doubt that'll happen.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Ravonium on October 28, 2019, 09:17:34 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 28, 2019, 07:56:12 AM

As the majority of the population in Hong Kong (where CollectA is based) doesn't observe All Saints Day, I highly doubt that'll happen.

I hope it is so. I want it but the brand is British. Perhaps for that reason they take time to reveal it. On the other hand in Hong Kong is immersed in a political crisis, I said, I hope they reveal the news next Friday.

Ravonium

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 28, 2019, 10:09:29 AM
I hope it is so. I want it but the brand is British. Perhaps for that reason they take time to reveal it.

1. CollectA isn't a British brand; that was disproven long ago.

2. Even then, the UK doesn't observe All Saints Day as a public holiday either, so I see no reason why the reveals should be delayed  :)

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 28, 2019, 10:09:29 AM
On the other hand in Hong Kong is immersed in a political crisis,

Yeah, there are limited circumstances where I could see that affecting the reveal schedule, but I'm still overwhelmingly confident that the first reveals will be this Friday  :)

Ravonium

OK, tomorrow we should get the first 2 new figures of the line; what does everyone here think they'll be?

Shonisaurus

A standard size majungasaurus or XL and a stegosaurus (a new reissue) Deluxe size.

Ravonium

What I'm hoping will be revealed:

-Shonisaurus (Deluxe Line)
-Remake of Cryolophosaurus (Standard Line, though amongst the larger figures in said line)

I'm also hoping for a Pterosaur box, containing at least the following:

-Pteranodon
-Quetzalcoatlus (as this and the previous genus have already been made into mini figures, they will hopefully not be made here)
-Hatzegopteryx (although I hope they remake the normal sized figure first)
-Ornithocheirus (I pray to god that this one's a remake)
-Guidraco (this and the next two are ones I wouldn't mind being downsized versions of the larger figures)
-Dimorphodon
-Caiuajara
-Dsungaripterus
-Pterodaustro
-Eudimorphodon
-Darwinopterus
-Anurognathus
-If Pteranodon and/or Quetzalcoatlus end up not being made, then I hope Jeholopterus and Rhamphorhynchus take their place.

What I think we'll actually get:

-Zuul (Standard Line)
-Majungasaurus (Deluxe Line)

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Ravonium on October 31, 2019, 03:25:54 PM
What I'm hoping will be revealed:

-Shonisaurus (Deluxe Line)
-Remake of Cryolophosaurus (Standard Line, though amongst the larger figures in said line)

I'm also hoping for a Pterosaur box, containing at least the following:

-Pteranodon
-Quetzalcoatlus (as this and the previous genus have already been made into mini figures, they will hopefully not be made here)
-Hatzegopteryx (although I hope they remake the normal sized figure first)
-Ornithocheirus (I pray to god that this one's a remake)
-Guidraco (this and the next two are ones I wouldn't mind being downsized versions of the larger figures)
-Dimorphodon
-Caiuajara
-Dsungaripterus
-Pterodaustro
-Eudimorphodon
-Darwinopterus
-Anurognathus
-If Pteranodon and/or Quetzalcoatlus end up not being made, then I hope Jeholopterus and Rhamphorhynchus take their place.

What I think we'll actually get:

-Zuul (Standard Line)
-Majungasaurus (Deluxe Line)

I sincerely pray that they will make a shonisaurus Deluxe line in this year 2020 or in the coming years. On the other hand, the Majungasaurus Deluxe by Collecta would replace my Recur counterpart. But I also want it to be an acceptable size not the size of this year's baryonyx and that it be flexible and unbreakable and not made of rigid plastic like this year's elasmotherium.

Ceratosaurus blogspot

Quote from: Ravonium on October 31, 2019, 12:47:06 PM
OK, tomorrow we should get the first 2 new figures of the line; what does everyone here think they'll be?

First 2 I have no idea... maybe some Triassic dinosaur...
Here is my bet for CollectA 2020:

1) Allosaurus 1:40; 
2) Tyrannotitan 1:40;
3) Dilophosaurus 1:40;
4) Corythosaurus or Stegosaurus 1:40;
5) Some Triassic Dinosaur;
6) Some mammal; and
7) Standard size Sinoceratops or Centrosaurus (my favorite).

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: