News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA 2020 Hopes and Dreams

Started by suspsy, November 27, 2018, 03:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Quote from: Kileskus on August 23, 2019, 11:24:06 AM
1. New upscaled prehistoric fish from the toob would be great. I personally want leedsichtys and xiphactinus.

Those would be most welcome!

Quote2. Small figure of ankylosaur of some sort. There are lot of new interesting taxa like platypelta and zuul to make. Classic species like edmontonia and euoplocephalus are needed too.

We did get a small Borealopelta this year. Any new ankylosaur at any size would be fantastic, especially Zuul, but I'd prefer a Deluxe scale.

Quote3. Allosaurus. Good, if figure wouldn't be oversized and out of scale, like cerato.

Scale is less important for me than sculpting quality. Allosaurus is a likely candidate for 2020.

Quote4. Some hadrosaurid, not obscure, but classic underapperciated species. Edmontosaurus, corythosaurus, maiasaura, etc...

Hells yeah.
[/quote]
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Concavenator

QuoteWe did get a small Borealopelta this year. Any new ankylosaur at any size would be fantastic, especially Zuul, but I'd prefer a Deluxe scale.

Borealopelta is not an ankylosaur, it is a nodosaur.

Ravonium

Quote from: Concavenator on August 23, 2019, 02:15:54 PM

'Ankylosaur' is used to refer to all members of Ankylosauria (which includes nodosaurids). 'Ankylosaurid' is the term that specifically refers to Ankylosauridae.

suspsy

Quote from: Concavenator on August 23, 2019, 02:15:54 PM
QuoteWe did get a small Borealopelta this year. Any new ankylosaur at any size would be fantastic, especially Zuul, but I'd prefer a Deluxe scale.

Nodosaurs are ankylosaurs. Look it up.

ZoPteryx

It's always hard to pinpoint CollectA, but here are my predictions:

A moderate sized pterosaur made at a smaller scale, I'm thinking Thalassodromeus or Pterodaustro.

Something Palaeozoic to continue the tradition of one a year, maybe an amphibian this time.  Prionosuchus?

Still expecting an Archaeopteryx...

An updated Plateosaurus would be nice.

Yi seems a given at some point, I'm just surprised it hasn't been sooner.

Tuojiangosaurus is a sorely needed taxon.

New Dilophosaurus, Utahraptor, and Stegosaurus would be cool.

And to round it out, how about a mammal.  Ambulocetus perhaps?

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: ZoPteryx on August 23, 2019, 07:50:59 PM
It's always hard to pinpoint CollectA, but here are my predictions:

A moderate sized pterosaur made at a smaller scale, I'm thinking Thalassodromeus or Pterodaustro.

Something Palaeozoic to continue the tradition of one a year, maybe an amphibian this time.  Prionosuchus?

Still expecting an Archaeopteryx...

An updated Plateosaurus would be nice.

Yi seems a given at some point, I'm just surprised it hasn't been sooner.

Tuojiangosaurus is a sorely needed taxon.

New Dilophosaurus, Utahraptor, and Stegosaurus would be cool.

And to round it out, how about a mammal.  Ambulocetus perhaps?

I've been hoping for a Prionosuchus myself for ages! I'm always down for more Asian taxa, so I like the idea of a Toujiangosaurus and a Yi qi as well.

suspsy

I'd like to see a mutilated Spinosaurus corpse in the manner of CollectA's previous three. It would go nicely with the Safari Carcharodontosaurus, or with any Tyrannosaurus rex toy if one so desired!

triceratops83

I think it's about time for another Collecta plant, since their previous trees have proved absolutely invaluable for displays - I'd hope for a Monkey puzzle or some other genus of Conifer. On that note I just bought on Ebay some Araurcaria  seeds, not monkey puzzle but some Australian species, including the endangered Norfolk Island Pine - let's hope I can grow them successfully.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Halichoeres

Quote from: triceratops83 on October 18, 2019, 10:44:13 AM
I think it's about time for another Collecta plant, since their previous trees have proved absolutely invaluable for displays - I'd hope for a Monkey puzzle or some other genus of Conifer. On that note I just bought on Ebay some Araurcaria  seeds, not monkey puzzle but some Australian species, including the endangered Norfolk Island Pine - let's hope I can grow them successfully.

Yeah, I'd love some new plants. They're the only figures I buy more than one copy of.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bokisaurus

Spicylpeus
Bajadasaurus
Lambeosaurus
Tarbosaurus/Alioramus

Shonisaurus

Torosaurus deluxe size
Concavenator (no articulated jaw like the Collecta carnotaurus 2019) deluxe size
Alioramus (to compete with the Safari Qianzhousaurus) standard size
Megaloceros, sivatherium or a deluxe megalodon.
Anchiceratops or arrhinosaurus standard size.

suspsy

Well, hopefully in two more weeks, we'll start finding out whose dreams are coming true!

Me, I'm still crossing my fingers for some loooooooooong overdue dromaeosaurs.

Shonisaurus

I hope that the Collecta 2020 prehistoric mammal is the paraceratherium but I am sure it will not be so since this year they made the elasmotherium in 2019 and the paraceratherium is a rhinoceros I do not think they are repeated when making prehistoric mammals of the same species two years in a row.

It would be the "miracle of the multiplication of loaves and fishes" metaphorically speaking.

Ceratosaurus blogspot

Well, I think we have two more weeks to know which Collecta's model will be announced, so here is my bet:

1) Allosaurus 1:40;  8)
2) Tyrannotitan 1:40;
3) Dilophosaurus 1:40;
4) Corythosaurus or Stegosaurus 1:40;
5) Some Triassic Dinosaur;
6) Some mammal; and
7) Standard size Sinoceratops or Centrosaurus (my favorite).

Takama

My Hope?

Drop the 1:40 from there Deluxe lines name, and just Name the line Deluxe.

Serieusly, the deluxe figures mostly are way to big to be 1:40.      What harm could possibly come from removieng the 1:40 Scale lable? 

Shonisaurus

I would prefer that all of the 2020 prehistoric dinosaur and animal figures by Collecta be of the Deluxe nonstop line and perhaps make a shringasaurus or a moschops as prehistoric Paleozoic animals.

This year I think they can make a dinosaur and maybe Cenozoic plants. Pterosaurs sincerely believe that this year does not have to do them, last year they made an incredible caiuajara so it will be necessary to wait at least a year to be able to acquire a new pterosaur.

Ceratosaurus blogspot

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 19, 2019, 02:01:35 PM
This year I think they can make a dinosaur and maybe Cenozoic plants. Pterosaurs sincerely believe that this year does not have to do them, last year they made an incredible caiuajara so it will be necessary to wait at least a year to be able to acquire a new pterosaur.

I think 2020 will be the turn of Allosaurus and I hope they don't make plants or trees...

Halichoeres

Quote from: Ceratosaurus blogspot on October 19, 2019, 04:09:56 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 19, 2019, 02:01:35 PM

I think 2020 will be the turn of Allosaurus and I hope they don't make plants or trees...

Ha ha, funnily enough, I hope they make plants and trees, but no Allosaurus. I guess I wouldn't mind that they made the latter as long as they made the former also.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

A reediction of scelidosaurus, brachiosaurus or ankylosaurus by Collecta in 2020 would be interesting.

Ceratosaurus blogspot

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 20, 2019, 05:02:42 PM
A reediction of scelidosaurus, brachiosaurus or ankylosaurus by Collecta in 2020 would be interesting.

Speaking of more sculpts reedicted, I'd really like to see Carcharodontosaurus and Acrocanthosaurus taller and slimmer, and the Neovenator slimmer and smaller. All using a base.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: