News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - new for 2019

Started by Loon, December 28, 2018, 02:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

Wow that alternate Spinosaurus is absolutely gorgeous. These figures are mostly out of my price point for what I usually choose to collect, but I certainly like what they've been doing so far.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: mgaguilar on October 10, 2019, 05:55:32 PM
LOVE the alternative coloration for the Spinosaurus! Not JP related at all and looks brilliant!
Where is everyone from the states ordering their Nanmu products from? I think Amazon stocks some of them, possibly ebay? Since it's a limited run I want to make sure I get it fast.

aliexpress for me. Cheaper and they get stuff earlier. look up lana time shop on ebay they also sell on amazon thats where most nanmu stuff comes from anyways.

Dan's Dinos is new to it check them out as well. Will be a bit pricier than aliexpress though but you get the benefit of having ut at your doorstep sooner

Andysdinosaurreviews

Quote from: PhilSauria on September 14, 2019, 11:02:42 AM
Awesome though these figures are I for one just can't afford this stuff - where does Andy get the dough?!

It's tough honestly. Definitely hard sometimes. I make next to nothing off of YouTube ad revenue. Initially I assumed by monetizing my channel the revenue would help me to acquire more stuff to continue to review but I was very wrong, haha. I mostly make the money for them by either selling off a lot of my movie collection or selling repaints. A little of both. Funding my channel is definitely a task.

POP of FAN

Hello Andy, nice to see you here.  :)

- from This. is. Andy's class.

Quote from: Andysdinosaurreviews on October 24, 2019, 12:15:06 AM
Quote from: PhilSauria on September 14, 2019, 11:02:42 AM
Awesome though these figures are I for one just can't afford this stuff - where does Andy get the dough?!

It's tough honestly. Definitely hard sometimes. I make next to nothing off of YouTube ad revenue. Initially I assumed by monetizing my channel the revenue would help me to acquire more stuff to continue to review but I was very wrong, haha. I mostly make the money for them by either selling off a lot of my movie collection or selling repaints. A little of both. Funding my channel is definitely a task.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Andreioli @Andreioli The tyrannosaurus rex and the velociraptors of Nanmu look great. What will be a shame is that they will cost a lot like the two sinoceratops and the Nanmu carnotaurus even on Aliexpress too much for my monetary account. I will enjoy seeing that some member of the forum has the honorable privilege of having them in their collection.

Thank you for your links, it is an enjoyment for the eyes.

Syndicate Bias

Shonisaurus

My recommendation to the forum members is not to buy these figures of Nanmu spinosaurus until the prices calm down (I still do not plan to buy them even at a discounted price) there you have the eBay links of the two versions of Nanmu spinosaurus Studio whose shipment is expected to take place on December 10,

https://www.ebay.es/itm/Nanmu-Supplanter-Spinosaurus-Figure-Spino-Dinosaur-Model-Collector-Toy-Kids-Gift/362824238573?hash=item547a0285ed:m:mU86vFxY57EgADf6mGqONGw

Personally, the spinosaurus limited version seems more realistic to me, but prices are prohibitive. With these prices you can buy at least two or three figures of Safari or Collecta for two examples. In any case, the figures are interesting and very well finished as you can see. I hope that Aliexpress lowers the prices of spinosaurus as it happened with the sinoceratops and carnotaurus that are already commercialized.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I dont think anyone buying these is doing so for the realism but for nostalgia.   Prices go down but so does quality a bit after release.  Looks like a lot have re-sold already.  I usually use Lana Toys : https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nanmu-1-35-Spinosaurus-Figure-Spino-Supplanter-Dinosaur-Model-Collector-Toy-Gift/254430966147?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=554057863946&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Syndicate Bias

Lana is the only one that has reasonable prices for the spino for U.S buyers currently. Dan's Dinosaurs is great but the added shipping or a little more cost is what keeps me from buying almost anything but Resin Kits from them.

Speaking of which I'm surprised nobody has been keeping up with Nanmu on Facebook the Allosaurus is also on there coming in two variants

Shadowknight1

Not everyone has Facebook or goes to it or even knows where their page is...so links would be appreciated instead of just "Oh, I can't believe no one's talking about it."
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 24, 2019, 04:45:01 PM
I dont think anyone buying these is doing so for the realism but for nostalgia.   Prices go down but so does quality a bit after release.  Looks like a lot have re-sold already.  I usually use Lana Toys : https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nanmu-1-35-Spinosaurus-Figure-Spino-Supplanter-Dinosaur-Model-Collector-Toy-Gift/254430966147?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=554057863946&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

In all honesty I'm getting this Spino for that, but also because it's the best one made aside from the expensive prime1 studios one. The W Dragon lacks the white details and the papo one is too bland. Both have rather static poses and Rebor's at the time looked too overdone with the scales. This one has that perfect balance in its pose as well as the right attention to the white cracks all over its body that make it the best figure all around.

My only gripe is the limited Edition thing going around right after Papo announced their Spino being limited. I don't like the colouration of this one but still. W Dragon has a third variant of the Allo as well that seems none too different from the first version minus the blue/grey paint app but now it cones with a water base which seems a bit lazy to really call that a "limited edition" of it.

I hope this Spino's quality is as good as their Indominus given the size of it.

Shonisaurus

By the way Aliexpress can sell these figures for less than 20 euros less each, (it is my hope). If someone from the DTF can pass a link in the event that Aliexpress sells said spinosaurus it would be appreciated as Robin once passed that magnificent link of the carnotaurus and then I investigated and the sinoceratops cost about 30 euros less on Aliexpres (buying the two figures ) than on eBay whose prices were much higher.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 24, 2019, 09:20:47 PM
By the way Aliexpress can sell these figures for less than 20 euros less each, (it is my hope). If someone from the DTF can pass a link in the event that Aliexpress sells said spinosaurus it would be appreciated as Robin once passed that magnificent link of the carnotaurus and then I investigated and the sinoceratops cost about 30 euros less on Aliexpres (buying the two figures ) than on eBay whose prices were much higher.

I just checked for ya bud, nothing yet I'm sure it'll be posted soon. I look forward to your review of the two spinos.

Shonisaurus

S @Syndicate Bias If there is a link with more affordable prices (maybe I will be encouraged to buy several spinosaurus) and even to check them in my personal thread verbally since I do not have a camera or mobile phone to take pictures. Hopefully, the Nanmu Studio spinosaurus will be marketed on Aliexpress, because the price is still too expensive in both versions.

I think that in this case the spinosaurus of Nanmu Studio will be at the level of detail of his great indominus. And I hope it's as bright as your indominus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on November 24, 2019, 05:13:18 PM
Lana is the only one that has reasonable prices for the spino for U.S buyers currently. Dan's Dinosaurs is great but the added shipping or a little more cost is what keeps me from buying almost anything but Resin Kits from them.

Speaking of which I'm surprised nobody has been keeping up with Nanmu on Facebook the Allosaurus is also on there coming in two variants

I'm having a hard time with the Allosaurus, I think it's supposed to be a Jurassic World one? But it doesn't quite match either the FK or BaBR one.

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on November 24, 2019, 09:08:39 PM

In all honesty I'm getting this Spino for that, but also because it's the best one made aside from the expensive prime1 studios one. The W Dragon lacks the white details and the papo one is too bland. Both have rather static poses and Rebor's at the time looked too overdone with the scales. This one has that perfect balance in its pose as well as the right attention to the white cracks all over its body that make it the best figure all around.

My only gripe is the limited Edition thing going around right after Papo announced their Spino being limited. I don't like the colouration of this one but still. W Dragon has a third variant of the Allo as well that seems none too different from the first version minus the blue/grey paint app but now it cones with a water base which seems a bit lazy to really call that a "limited edition" of it.

I have the same thoughts. The size and detail are great, better than W Dragon. Papo worked for awhile but we always need something more right?  Rebor..yeah I saw the T-Rex , way overdone texturing..so I'm happy to wait to get the Nanmu version of it as well.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 25, 2019, 12:54:41 AM

I'm having a hard time with the Allosaurus, I think it's supposed to be a Jurassic World one? But it doesn't quite match either the FK or BaBR one.

I have the same thoughts. The size and detail are great, better than W Dragon. Papo worked for awhile but we always need something more right?  Rebor..yeah I saw the T-Rex , way overdone texturing..so I'm happy to wait to get the Nanmu version of it as well.

The Allo looks like a very loose inspiration of the two. I'm not sure what happened there in all honesty I saw the seams as well being very noticeable on its arms I can't say I am a fan of the pose either it's like a lower effort take on the W dragon's Allo pose considering how static it seems when compared at least in the pics shown so far.

I haven't caught the Rex yet. I'll have to dig around I honestly think Nanmu will be the go to brand for these types of dinosaurs I honestly cannot wait for their Mosasaurus. I saw somewhere in what order they were going to release them I forgot how it went but the Mosa is last I'm not sure if the Rex and raptor pack pushed it further considering how Massive it's gonna be

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on November 25, 2019, 04:01:06 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 25, 2019, 12:54:41 AM

The Allo looks like a very loose inspiration of the two. I'm not sure what happened there in all honesty I saw the seams as well being very noticeable on its arms I can't say I am a fan of the pose either it's like a lower effort take on the W dragon's Allo pose considering how static it seems when compared at least in the pics shown so far.

I haven't caught the Rex yet. I'll have to dig around I honestly think Nanmu will be the go to brand for these types of dinosaurs I honestly cannot wait for their Mosasaurus. I saw somewhere in what order they were going to release them I forgot how it went but the Mosa is last I'm not sure if the Rex and raptor pack pushed it further considering how Massive it's gonna be

Yeah it's a good Allosaurus, but it doesn't fit with the JP/JW replicas very well.   

Let's see they announced the Allo was next, I know the Mosa, Rex and Raptor Pack  have been shown but no details on release yet.   I di have a feeling the Raptor Pack will be a set collectors will want all variants of.

Syndicate Bias

Yea they keep posting the raptor pack but I'm honestly more excited for this newly posted picture more than the pack  :))

Seems like the Allosaurus also got a bust as well. I still don't like the two variants they picked. This Mosa is a must buy for me though I hope it's not too expensive

Blade-of-the-Moon

Epic! 

I think she was scaled down slightly from the very first concepts, we were looking at a 24" or more figure I think? 

I would bet on at least 100.00 USD

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: