News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - new for 2019

Started by Loon, December 28, 2018, 02:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

The carnotaurus of Nanmu Studio is acceptable but honestly there are other much cheaper paleoartistic representations of the carnotaurus that sincerely fascinate me more than the representation of Nanmu. It is a detailed figure and you can appreciate the muscles and wrinkles but those horns do not favor you. On the other hand, because of the position of its legs, I am absolutely sure that this figure will end up having stability problems and I say it because my indominus from Nanmu Studio has it and its legs are much thicker than the carnotaurus.

Nanmu Studio began strongly with its exceptional indominus, then lowered its quality a bit with the indoraptor (whose figures I have on my shelves), but unfortunately the current paleoartistic figures of JW (carnotaurus and sinoceratops) do not do justice to the first figures of Nanmu and I say it with all the love and respect to Nanmu Studio of which I consider myself a follower but honestly those figures of dinosaurs based on pop art do not convince me as their genetically modified monsters of the JW saga (indominus and indoraptor (both versions) that captivated me as a collector.

Shonisaurus

These velociraptors are of much better quality than their predecessors of Nanmu Studio (carnotaurus and sinoceratops) judging by the prototypes. Hopefully the finished product is much better than even the prototype. That pack of velociraptor from Nanmu Studio makes a good set with their Rebor counterparts although those of Nanmu Studio are much more proportionate and smaller than Rebor's velociraptors judging from the photographs.

Thanks avatar_Takama @Takama  for the link.

Takama

Shonisaurus

avatar_Takama @Takama The two sinoceratops will actually be available in the market from September (mid or late September) in this case it is to order those figures through the preorder system. They are not yet available if the purchases now you will have to wait in the best case a month and a half for them to send it to you. I sincerely recommend buying these figures when they already have them in the respective online stores. You will save yourself worries and headaches.

It is definitely a preorder.

Blade-of-the-Moon

You can pre-order on Amazon though and you won't be charged until the ships unlike ebay.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 04, 2019, 05:13:02 PM
You can pre-order on Amazon though and you won't be charged until the ships unlike ebay.

..or just wait until it will be released and order on Aliexpress at a lower price..   ;)  ;D

mgaguilar

Between the Carno and Sino, it seems like the colors are heavily muted between the promo and production phase.
I think the reason why the Indominus looked so fantastic was because they did not have to put that much emphasis on coloration and detail paint, hence why these figures seem to be suffering.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on August 04, 2019, 05:38:51 PM

..or just wait until it will be released and order on Aliexpress at a lower price..   ;)  ;D

How much was the Carno? I paid around 50.00 with free shipping.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 04, 2019, 06:56:50 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on August 04, 2019, 05:38:51 PM

How much was the Carno? I paid around 50.00 with free shipping.

Last price on Ali is 39 euro (with original box) or 35 euro (without box) + free shipping

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=14.msg236673#msg236673  )

Shonisaurus

The price of 39 euros on Aliexpress is quite good and I sincerely like the Nanmu Studio brand including the carnotaurus (two versions) in which I am interested but for the tranquility of the DTF members I will save expenses and for my part I will not put impediment for people to buy outside and inside the forum. I really like dinosaurs but in my case maybe in an indefinite period I will not buy modern dinosaurs except those in charge of urzeitshop, everythingdinosaur and the Store of the Museum of Natural Sciences of Madrid and vintage prehistoric animals. If I definitely miss the opportunity, I will not sincerely regret my action, I like dinosaurs but I am not a suicide in my case. That money serves me for clothing and food.

Shonisaurus

S @Syndicate Bias The carnotaurus of Nanmu Studio looks good. Thank you for the video of Kathrins Dinoversum and for sharing it on the forum.

Renecito

Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Shonisaurus

By the way it is an allosaurus but with that posture holding one leg I wonder how it will hold? I fear that the material of the legs will be like that of the spinosaurus or allosaurus W Dragon, that is, of resin, so I would not be interested. Anyway I think that indefinitely I will not buy more figures for economic reasons (and I know that I repeat myself) but honestly that prototype of allosaurus (I suppose it is an allosaurus) is very good and is a figure of honor PVC or resin. Magnificent figure.

mgaguilar

Are they beginning to diverge from the Jurassic franchise? That allosaurus doesn't look anything like the one's in Jurassic World. If so, I'm excited!

Shadowknight1

[REDACTED SWEARS]!  After seeing all of their figures with feet planted on the ground, I was so hopeful for their Allosaurus!  WHY?!  Between this and W-Dragon, why can't we have a really good Allosaurus with both feet on the ground?!
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Shonisaurus

I really prefer a totally PVC allosaurus with the feet on the ground and not one that stays on one leg and with the resin legs like W Dragon or this Nanmu Studio allosaurus that I suspect will be made such feet as it happens with all its carnivorous theropod counterparts of W Dragon. In my case I refrain from buying it.

I have enough resin figures in my collection, to buy a half PVC and half resin figure.

Syndicate Bias

I don't think Nanmu will be doing the resin feet like W Dragon they haven't done jt yet nor do I have any reason to believe they will. They seem to have a similar philosophy with Papo when it comes to their figures.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on August 26, 2019, 12:43:56 AM
I don't think Nanmu will be doing the resin feet like W Dragon they haven't done jt yet nor do I have any reason to believe they will. They seem to have a similar philosophy with Papo when it comes to their figures.
Which is what?
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: