News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Gothmog the Baryonyx Dinosaur & Prehistoric Collection

Started by Gothmog the Baryonyx, January 08, 2019, 01:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

Lots of things to admire here.  I too searched long and hard for the Safari Hypacrosaurus.  It's a good feeling when you track one down!

Halichoeres

You've been busy! Some real treasures among them. Congrats on hunting down the Hypacrosaurus and Ophthalmosaurus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Dino Scream3232 on June 16, 2019, 12:47:05 AM
Love the diversity of your collection!!! I don't have a lot of room to display mine. I mean I could but my wife would kill me lol.
Thank you very much. Not sure I have much room either now, I'm already about to get rid of some fantasy figures and some metal Doctor Who miniatures in the near future. I may end up getting rid of my Game of Thrones Collection too.

Quote from: ceratopsian on June 16, 2019, 10:01:07 AM
Lots of things to admire here.  I too searched long and hard for the Safari Hypacrosaurus.  It's a good feeling when you track one down!
It certainly is. The hefty custom fees stole a bit of the thunder, but I am still very pleased to have that Hypacrosaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 17, 2019, 05:34:36 AM
You've been busy! Some real treasures among them. Congrats on hunting down the Hypacrosaurus and Ophthalmosaurus.
Thank you too. The Opthalmosaurus was yet another fantastic find. I was not expecting to find that at all.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Sim

I've finally had the time to go through all of this thread.  You have a wonderful collection, avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx!  And your Favorite Styracosaurus repaint looks nice.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Sim on January 23, 2020, 04:56:47 PM
I've finally had the time to go through all of this thread.  You have a wonderful collection, avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx!  And your Favorite Styracosaurus repaint looks nice.
Thank you very much. It means a lot.
I will have to update this relatively soon, got a few new additions.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Also posting this here.

I've gotten quite a lot of new dinosaur figures recently, and there I will be putting quite a few photos up in my thread, but here is this little guy I've gotten recently for a pretty penny.

Also, here is an almost full set of Doug Watson's original prehistoric mammal sculpts:

Shonisaurus

Nice prehistoric toy mammal sculptures. Hopefully Doug Watson in the future will make more prehistoric toy mammals with outstanding quality like the ones you've shown. I would like to sincerely make a paraceratherium.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Thank you avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus

I have a few updates to display including some newer items. It's a long process, but since I am trying to find a job but can't for obvious reasons. Though I started this before hand and have been meaning to do it for months.

I have moved my Invicta figures (now have some Harry Potter stuff in their old place) to a new higher shelf, alongside some Beasts of the Mesozoic in what I am currently calling my juxtaposition shelf:

I have also picked up a couple of prehistoric related books, the first one has been photographed by me:

I also finally have my Pleistocene Europe (Eurasia) display, sort of, just waiting for the Papo Megaloceras to add to it. Please ignore the various other collectables that show up in the photos:

Here's my Permian animals, aside from the Paleo-Creatures Moschops that I have not yet removed from bubble wrap for its own safety:

And here is a photo of my other mammals (beside the Europe and the Mr Watson's ones.
An extra photo below because you can't see the back left corner unless I put my phone in the bookcase itself.

And I have the first two Royal Mint dinosaur coins:

Loon

That's a lot of really good stuff; I particularly like that set of Invictas. I love their retro look, and think I ought to start collecting them. Also, love the Cenozoic and Permian shelfs; such a shame there aren't more species made from the latter. Still, you just reminded me that I really need to get the Paleo-Creatures Moschops.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Loon on March 22, 2020, 06:19:20 PM
That's a lot of really good stuff; I particularly like that set of Invictas. I love their retro look, and think I ought to start collecting them. Also, love the Cenozoic and Permian shelfs; such a shame there aren't more species made from the latter. Still, you just reminded me that I really need to get the Paleo-Creatures Moschops.
Thank you, I highly recommend the Invicta figures if you like that sort of stuff. They're some of my favourites despite generally favouring more modern figures.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

So, a little update, here is a cabinet with my Permian, Triassic and (part of) Cenozoic displays on it:

I've shared the Permian shelf last time, but I have since put the Moschops in place, so here it is:

Here's my Triassic shelf. Eagerly awaiting the CollectA Lisowicia:

Here is an image of my 1:2 to 1:10 scale dinosaur and pterosaur figures. Since taking the photo, I have now added the little PNSO Glyphoderma to it, deciding it looks better here than with other marine animals. I may include a photo of it net update.

ANd with a closer view:

And here is my 1:10 to 1:20 scale shelf, though I have now squeezed the Vitae Zhejiangopterus in there too, since taking the photo:

Temporary of course, but here is a Pteranodon riding an Euhelopus:

This is my 1:20 to 1:30 scale shelf, after much rearranging. Most of my 1:30 scale figures will end up on my display though, only a few here, mostly 1:20 to 1:25 really, beside a couple.

And here are some close-up shots:

Here's my new home for the Doug Watson mammals again, with avian dinosaur friends:

This guy has been here for a while, not sure of I've ever photographed my Carnegie Spinosaurus before so here she is:

Here is my 1:50 or smaller shelf. (Yes I know the Regaliceratops and Metriacanthosaurus should not be there, and they have since been removed and swapped for the Safari Shunosaurus)

And again, close-ups:

And I would like to thank everyone who looks at my thread, everyone who has sold me anything here, and also an extra thanks for avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres because when I was unsure of scale of several animals, I used the most recent measurements provided in your collection thread.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx What a nice collection you have !!! Congratulations you have my my likes in terms of toy dinosaur brands we agree on the same hobbies of toy brands. Your figures are identical to the ones I have in my collection.

Halichoeres

I'm glad to have been of use! These displays are coming along very nicely, and your collection has grown quickly!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 09, 2020, 09:09:16 PM
avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx What a nice collection you have !!! Congratulations you have my my likes in terms of toy dinosaur brands we agree on the same hobbies of toy brands. Your figures are identical to the ones I have in my collection.
Thank you very much

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 11, 2020, 12:11:39 AM
I'm glad to have been of use! These displays are coming along very nicely, and your collection has grown quickly!
And thank you very much

Gothmog the Baryonyx

No photos just yet until I either go on my laptop which isn't working all that well, or until I get a new one, since the image hosting site doesn't work on my phone. But what I will do is list as many of the figures I have bought this year as I can remember, as a reminder of what to take photos of, though I probably wont do all of them. I'll split them by company.

PNSO
Aaron the baby Tyrannosaurus
Audrey the Lambeosaurus
Quichan the Tuojiangosaurus
Mini Shelfy the Odontochelys

CollectA
Deluxe Lisowicia
Mapusaurus (to replace the larger deluxe)
Caviramus
Belemnite
Redlichia rex
Orthoceras
Pleuroceras
Rhoetosaurus
Afrovenator
Saurophaganax
Fukuiraptor

Battat
Maiasaura (at last my holy grail)
Styracosaurus
Utahraptor

Bullyland
Arizonasaurus
Paratypothorax
Anchitherium

Schleich
Shonisaurus
Glyptodon
Anhanguera

Safari Ltd
Carnegie Ichthyosaurus
Carnegie Plateosaurus
Carnegie Albertosaurus
Carnegie Deltadromeus
Dunkleosteus
Prehistoric Crocodiles Toob

Shonisaurus

My congratulations for the whole set of prehistoric animals and especially dinosaurs that you have collected this year. You have a very extensive collection without those dinosaurs, but by adding all of these logically you enrich your brilliant collection significantly more.

SidB

I think that it's good that you are holding onto the Carnegie Spinosaurus. Outdated it may be, but it remains a bit of a masterpiece or work of art, totally "up to date" in its time. I remember the amazed reaction  when the sculpt first appeared. Still a quality piece.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Thank you both

Quote from: SidB on December 21, 2020, 10:28:34 PM
I think that it's good that you are holding onto the Carnegie Spinosaurus. Outdated it may be, but it remains a bit of a masterpiece or work of art, totally "up to date" in its time. I remember the amazed reaction  when the sculpt first appeared. Still a quality piece.
yes it is a beautiful piece, whilst I did consider selling, I am glad to still have it, despite being outdated it is still one of my favourites in my collection, a work of art.

Halichoeres

Seems you've been busy! And thank you for reminding me that the PNSO Odontochelys has the hilarious name "Shelfy."

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 25, 2020, 03:53:56 AM
Seems you've been busy! And thank you for reminding me that the PNSO Odontochelys has the hilarious name "Shelfy."
That is indeed quite a silly name.

I will now add the photos, in order of most recent to least, starting with the ones that arrived today, a little birthday present to myself in a way. I'll split it into a few posts to make it easier.

ere are the new Vitae Jinyunpelta and "Tiantaisaurus" from my second go on aliexpress, and like the first very smooth, took less than 2 weeks to get here, and no customs charges. Unfortunately the "Tiantaisaurus" is unstable and needs to be propped up against something.
I also bought the Carnegie Deinonychus trio on eBay just to have some Deinonychys to scale with my Carnegie Acrocanthosaurus and CollectA Gastonia and Tenontosaurus.

I have also recently acquired the Papo Megaloceros, which I've been meaning to get since it first arrived here. Adds the fininshing touches to my Pleistocene Europe shelf I think:

And to round out part 1, here are the 4 Beasts of Mesozoic Ceratopsians I got from the kickstarter via avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur though I kinda wish I had got the Chasmosaurus now, and wondering whether to keep the Psittacosaurus and Monoclonius ones or not.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: