News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Gothmog the Baryonyx Dinosaur & Prehistoric Collection

Started by Gothmog the Baryonyx, January 08, 2019, 01:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx My congratulations on all your acquisitions, on the other hand I ask you if Nanmu's apatosaurus has problems when attaching the tail to the body. I am interested in him and would need to know if he has problems as many members of the DTF or other forums of the world comment. If you have problems when it comes to the tail I honestly don't think you will buy it for me.

I was thinking of buying the two versions of Nanmu's apatosaurus, I thought that his tail would fit perfectly on the body, but from what I have read I see that he has problems with his tail, he has to use glue. Honestly, if so, I have arguments when it comes to not buying said figure if it is very beautiful, which it is.

Rebor also makes figures of dinosaurs with tails to be assembled on the body and they have no problems in this case, Nanmu had this problem which is for me reason enough not to buy that beauty for that defect.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus many people have found the tail difficult, but mine seems to be worse than usual. I would still recommend this figure though.
I would say don't glue the tail on in case you ever want to out it back in the box. I'd your sure you never want to out it back in the box then maybe you could.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Loon

Congrats on the apatosaurus, it's definitely the best thing Nanmu has put out. I'd get one myself, but it's just a bit too massive.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Loon on February 01, 2021, 06:01:35 PM
Congrats on the Apatosaurus, it's definitely the best thing Nanmu has put out. I'd get one myself, but it's just a bit too massive.
Thank you, it is indeed massive, if Eofauna were to come out with an Apatosaurus or Brontosaurus, I would certainly replace it with that. It does command a lot of attention though.

So over the weekend I was looking around and decided to pull my CollectA Torvosaurus out of the storage box, and rearranged half of the figures on my 1:20 to 1:30 scale shelf in order to put it in there, for a couple of reasons. 1. my visible display is lacking in Megalosaurids, and 2. there wasn't a large carnivorous theropod on that shelf since I removed the Qianzhousaurus from there. And whilst large carnivorous theropods are not everything to me, it is almost required, plus it is from one of the few underrepresented groups of large Theropods so there. Also I needed to rearrange because I wanted to make sure none of the figures are hidden.

A few close ups of the shelf, sorry for poor picture quality on most

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx Thanks for your reply, seeing what you say, I am still interested in the future in buying that Nanmu apatosaurus.

On the other hand, it has a good assortment of figures on your shelves. I see that you agree with me regarding the choice of brands of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals. All the dinosaurs that you have except for new dinosaurs from PNSO that I have not acquired yet are the same ones that I have. Nice photos. Thanks for sharing the photos!

Halichoeres

These photos feel very familiar, for my shelves, too, are very cramped! Very nice collection.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx what is that small raptor next to your junypelta, and how much is it?

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Thank you everyone, and avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres probably even more cramped now
avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420  that is the Safari Toob Velociraptor. I could have sworn I had already replied but it seems not.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

You're welcome avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 sorry for the unnecessary suspense.

I have put this here too for the simple reason that I have included a 4th photo...

So Eofauna Triceratops (cryptic), PNSO Tyrannosaurus, Miragaia (The best of these imo), Carnotaurus, Pinacosaurus, Sinoceratops and Machairoceratops, with the W Dragon Giraffatitan, the deluxe Mapusaurus

Since Giraffatitan was a contemporary of Kentrosaurus and these are roughly to scale I thought I'd show this:

And Kentrosaurus itself was not a tiny animal. It had better watch out to avoid getting crushed by one of those enormous feet...

Crackington

Wow, that's great photo - like a rabbit going for a walk with a tall man!

Bokisaurus

Very nice, what a way to extend the excitement! ;D
That Girafitatan get more and more tempting every time I see a photo of it, maybe I will break down one day and just get it!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Thank you both
avatar_Crackington @Crackington it does kinda look like that. We actually had a rabbit harness, though we are not and have never been tall.

I didn't get chance to do photos of scenes and stuff, I will do some of that next weekend if I get chance, however I have a photo of the bunch all freed from their packaging, and some photos of the figures (including last weeks') in their new homes.

I did that one as I now finally have 2 of the hollow vinyls from PNSO's 'humble' beginnings.

Please ignore the mess of Doctor Who figures

My main attraction:

There's still room for the CollectA Kamuysaurus, Megalosaurus and even Mamenchisaurus believe it or not.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx Nice collection of sculptures and nice collection. I have to confess that in my case I have unfortunately just as much piled up on my shelves that I constantly clean my figures of prehistoric animals. Now I plan to put them in the living room. Thanks for the photos, my congratulations and what a luxury collection!

Both you and the rest of DTF members with your excellent photographs of your acquisitions, especially of those relatively recent figures from W-Dragon, PNSO or Eofauna in your case, you encourage DTF members to return to take the "monkey" of the purchases of new figures of dinosaurs, photographs in my case and videos that circulate on the Internet totally tempting.

Stegotyranno420

Thank you avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx due to your awesome collection pictures i was able see how big certain figures were compared to others
How much is your whole collection worth?

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Thank you both

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 I'm glad to be able to help you with working out the size.
I'm not sure if the whole value of my collection but it is definitely in the thousands, especially given how much the Invicta Lambeosaurus goes for these days.

Halichoeres

Phenomenal. Some of those shots look like overhead shots of spring break parties. Nobody is observing social distancing rules.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gothmog the Baryonyx

To reuse an already overused joke...

That's why they all went extinct. Only birds were sensible enough to wear masks and social distance.

Dinosaurs as hard partiers is no less believable than Jurassic World anyway

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Recent acquisitions from Everything Dinosaur (and Mary Anning coin from Royal Mint). The lovely Dimorphodon coin, I have also shown images of it next to the others in the collection and its sister series from last year the Dinosauria. I have included the Megalosaurus coin in the first image just to put it next to the lovely little CollectA Megalosaurus model. The Mamenchisaurus and Kamuysaurus are also beautiful, even more so. I have temporarily put the PNSO Mamenchisaurus back into his box but when I reorganise i will have space to put them both here as they represent different species of Mamenchisaurus. I have also bought 2 older CollectA figures. I have been thinking about the Argentinosaurus for a while, and don't think I should get a larger scale version even if they did one. The Giraffatitan is about as big as I want. The Australovenator is because I have finally given up trying to get Banjo the Australovenator by Australian Age of Dinosaurs.

Group shot of new acquisitions (and sneaky Megalosaurus coin)

Just the 3 new CollectA models. All beautiful. I may get the Neovenator at some point, I'd like to get a good judge of size and scale first though.

The 3 coins in the Mary Anning collection

Mary Anning and Dinosauria collections together.

The folder to put the Mary Anning coins in.

Sauropod comparison. Such lovely hands too. The Argentinosaurus has obviously been zapped by a shrink ray.

How much CollectA has progressed with their theropods.

CollectA's Japanese dinosaurs from 2019 to present. I wonder if they will do Fukuititan and/or Fukuivenator?

Kamuysaurus in her new home.

Mamenchisaurus in her new home, for now.

Megalosaurus in her new home.

Argentinosaurus in his new home.

There will be more re-arrangements in the near future, I am hoping to sell the Alien & Predator figurines from Eaglemoss, but even at less than 25% of their value no one seems to want them.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: