News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Tyrannosaurus rex: An Iconic Figure (Image Heavy Thread)

Started by RobinGoodfellow, January 26, 2019, 12:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Tyrannosaurus rex is an iconic figure between dinosaurs.

As an "icon", it has changed a lot over time.

..from Charles Knight

..to seventies

..until now:

(picture credit @ Manuel Gil Jaramillo)

On 2017/2018 a lot of new companies have arisen from China, Spain, etc etc..
DTF members always talked about what could be a desirable new figure from those companies.
And every time someone said "Tyrannosaurus".
Old collectors know that there are dozens of T. rex figures already available on the market.
Yes but: how many exactly ?
I tried to count them.
It's almost impossible: toys, pvc, vinyl, resins, chinasaurs, Shapeways, JP/JW, skeletons, plushes etc etc...  :o
A complete list about ALL Tyrannosaurus figures could be extremely difficult to compile::)
Despite of that, I tried to compile a list of main Tyrannosaurus figures on the market.
No Shapeways and no plushes.

As I said, it's not about ALL T. rex on the market but it's about main figures and collectable ones .
For sure I forgot something.
Please, add  your comments only at the end of the list. Thank you.

The list (alphabetical order):

AAA

Airfix

Aurora

Bandai

Battat

Belov Alexander

Bullyland

From A to B : End

** Please, add  your comments only at the end of the list. Thank you.  **

:)

suspsy

Great images! As I've noted in the past, Tyrannosaurus rex really is the equivalent of Batman, Spider-Man, Darth Vader, Mickey Mouse, and Optimus Prime. Or, if you wish to stick to actual animals, it's the equivalent of the African lion, the great white shark, and the golden eagle. And just as none of those other characters/creatures will ever be surpassed in popularity by their peers, neither will T. rex. Even if it's not your personal favourite dinosaur, you still have to appreciate its everlasting charisma.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

RobinGoodfellow

** List: C **

Capcom

Carnage Resaurus

Carnegie by Safari

Castagna

Chap Mei (Animal Planet/DinoValley)

from China / Unbranded ( Oenux ? )

Chiodo Brothers
..a rare resin kit from US; formally it's called "Chiodosaurus", a fake movie monster part Tyrannosaurus and part Ceratosaurus; it looks extremely beautiful to me..  8)

CollectA

Colorata

C: End

** Please, add  your comments only at the end of the list. Thank you. **

RobinGoodfellow

** List: D to F  **

Dino Dream

Fame Master

Favorite

Foulkes Shane

Furuta

** List F: End **

Due to make this thread easy to read, please wait to add comments until the end of the list (letter Z). Thank you.

RobinGoodfellow

** Due to make this thread easy to read, please wait to add comments until the end of the list (letter Z). Thank you. **

List: G to K

Geibunsha

Geoworld

Hasbro

Hernandez Galileo (Geenemodels)

Horizon

Invicta Plastics

IVS "Dinosaurs in the Wild"

Jurassic Clash

Jurassic World Exclusive Blu-Ray Edition

Kabaya

Kaiyodo

Kanna Dinosaur Center

List: G to K - End

** Due to make this thread easy to read, please wait to add comments until the end of the list (letter Z). Thank you. **

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 26, 2019, 02:08:52 PM
Robin I miss Favorite Tyrannosaurus rex special version of Favorite model tyrannosaurus called The "Museum" Limited Edition Black & Yellow Tyrannosaurus said figure you mention in your thread Favorite "Softmodels" line: A compendium (image with thick thread) I pass the link:

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=7227.0

Due to make this thread easy to read, please wait to add comments until the end of the list (letter Z). Thank you.

" As I said, it's not about ALL T. rex on the market but it's about main figures "

RobinGoodfellow

List: K

Kenner

Kokoro

Krentz David

List: K / End

RobinGoodfellow

List: L to M

Linde

Marx

Master Fossil / Griffon

Mattel

Megasaurs / HGL

Miller J.H.

Mojo

Mold-A-Rama (Field Museum)

List: L to M / End

RobinGoodfellow

List: N to P

NHM London (Toyway)

Orsenigo

Oxmox Studio

Paleocraft by Sean Cooper

Panini

Papo

Pegasus Hobbies

PNSO

Pop

List: N to P / End

RobinGoodfellow

List: R

Ravensburger

Rebor

Recur

Resin Kits & Statues

Richard Deasey

Shinzen

"Monarch" by Dan's Dinosaurs

Dan LoRusso

Darren McDonald

Lu Feng Shan

Vitamin Imagination

Kazaryan

Joe Laudati

"Sue" by Jonathan Rader

Paleo-Creatures by Jesus Toledo

Lone Trike

Prime 1 Studio

Chronicle Collectibles

Damtoys

Revell

List: R / End

RobinGoodfellow

List: S

Safari LTD

Schleich

Sega

List: S / End

RobinGoodfellow

List: S to Z

Sideshow Collectibles

Sinclair

Starlux

Tamiya

The Good Dinosaur

Timpo

Takara Tomy

WWD / Toyway

Tsukuda

Tyco / DinoRiders

W-Dragon

Wild Republic

X-Plus

List ends....

RobinGoodfellow

..that's all..

Please, feel free to personally add pictures about more Tyrannosaurus I forgot.  O:-)

Hope it helps.  ^-^

Regards

Fenestra

Insane!   :o
Thank you for your hard work.

The snowglobe was something I've never seen before!

Shonisaurus

Robin missing color variants of tyrannosaurus such as the golden version of the tyrannosaurus rex gold Schleich 2018. Among other figures or the special version of Favorite tyrannosaurus yellow / black that comes in a plastic showcase. Anyway, I congratulate you for your outstanding work and most importantly for your great culture in relation to replicas of dinosaurs and brands of toy dinosaurs and collectible animals (resin among other figures).  :)

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 26, 2019, 11:18:25 PM
Robin missing color variants of tyrannosaurus such as the golden version of the tyrannosaurus rex gold Schleich 2018. Among other figures or the special version of Favorite tyrannosaurus yellow / black that comes in a plastic showcase.
avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus  :
1) I wrote on the opening post that only MAIN T rex figures are shown; so I passed over on many color variations because they are only COLOR VARIATIONS on same figure..  ::) Even the 2015 Schleich Rex had a golden variation; also Capcom Rex had a black variation, Mojo 2017 a green variation and so on...
2) The Favorite special edition black/yellow Rex is under the orange version and over the group picture of orange, green and black ones.
That special edition DID NOT  come with a plastic showcase.
The plastic showcase was an extra accessory sold by Favorite for ALL S1 figures.
Probably you saw the picture I posted on Favorite Softmodels reference thread with the black/yellow Rex inside the box. ( https://flic.kr/p/2aHd79i ).
That was only a promotional picture; even the Special Edition Triceratops had the same picture ( https://flic.kr/p/2aCQ6jw ).
The Favorite Showcase  FD-251 was sold separately ( https://flic.kr/p/2aUEVEn ).
http://www.e-favorite.net/products/discontinued_items/dinosaur/

Shonisaurus

You're absolutely right in what you say avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow . If you had to include all the color variants of each tyrannosaurus, the list would be endless as well as they are variations of color. I mention it because I also have the color variations of Capcom (thanks to UK), Schleich (tyrannosaurus gold) and Favorite (the black / yellow edition) and the black tyrannosaurus edition. The special edition of Black / Yellow Tyrannosaurus from Soft Model Favorite I bought from Brett and Emiko at an auction and it comes with that plastic showcase, that's why I mentioned it apart from the image you contributed in thread about Favorite Soft Model dinosaurs. Thanks for the clarification, you are an open encyclopedia apart from an excellent collector and photographer.  :)

Brocc21

My mom asked why I keep getting new T.rex figures when I already have ten. Well you can't really get enough of the tyrant lizard king.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Brocc21 on January 27, 2019, 07:43:10 PM
My mom asked why I keep getting new T.rex figures when I already have ten. Well you can't really get enough of the tyrant lizard king.

..well, with more than 200 figures available, I hope this thread clearly shows that there are enough T rex for every collector and we don't need more..  ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: