News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Unique Species Specimen Discussion Thread

Started by Roselaar, August 28, 2012, 02:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dinocat

dinocat

Salas Cymbospondylus

[attachment msg=21797][/attachment]

dinocat

Roselaar

Thanks for the pics. I think it would have been more convenient though if you had posted them in a single post. I'm sure I can put some of these to use. Anancus has already been debunked though. And thanks to you, so will poor Monolophosaurus. :)

EDIT: updated with pictures again. I used many of the suggestions I got in the last few days. There's still a few holes left from A to O though. But still, thanks for all the assistance, folks!  ;)

dinocat

Welcome. I wanted to put them in 1 post but the attachment option says 1 file per post.

Roselaar

Updated again. Got a bit of a pickle with Othnielosaurus/Othnielia. I couldn't find anything on 'Othnielosaurus by Jakk', but some online digging suggested the Othnielia by Discovery Kids to be the same figure. Couldn't remember another Othnielia figure anyway, so I hesitantly added it to the list.

SBell

Quote from: Roselaar on October 27, 2012, 03:18:09 PM
Updated again. Got a bit of a pickle with Othnielosaurus/Othnielia. I couldn't find anything on 'Othnielosaurus by Jakk', but some online digging suggested the Othnielia by Discovery Kids to be the same figure. Couldn't remember another Othnielia figure anyway, so I hesitantly added it to the list.

Othnielosaurus is the correct name, but yes, that is the one I meant.

Roselaar

Quote from: SBell on October 27, 2012, 04:24:01 PM
Othnielosaurus is the correct name, but yes, that is the one I meant.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll list it under both names to avoid confusion.

Roselaar

DC

Atlascopcosaurus  is also done by Magister Militum

You can never have too many dinosaurs

Roselaar

Quote from: DC on November 03, 2012, 02:47:30 AM
Atlascopcosaurus  is also done by Magister Militum

Is it? That's too bad for that species. I'll write it off.

Unfortunately my PC is back at the store for repairs, so I won't be able to update this list as much as I would like for one or two weeks.

DC

You can never have too many dinosaurs

Roselaar

Quote from: DC on November 18, 2012, 03:32:24 AM
http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/company_files/dinoMagic_file/LONGISQUAMA.jpg

Thanks, but I already found a very similar pic of that figure.

BTW, for those of you who keep track of this thread and are wondering about its sudden inactivity, please note that I had to return my PC to the store due to startup issues so I couldn't keep working on it. I hope to be back updating this thread soon, so bear with me.

Roselaar

Thought this thread was extinct? Think again! Updated the P.

Dinocat, all your links are suddenly gone and the ones I retained are dead. What happened...?  :-\

Roselaar

Roselaar

Roselaar

Another update. Finished S. Getting towards the end now! :)

dinocat

I attached those images to several posts. Where did they go? BTW Salas made a Brachauchenius. You can see it on Dan's website.

amargasaurus cazaui

The admin have been stating for weeks not to use attachments as they drain resources from the forum, and once a crash occurred I believe they were deleted to save space, and keep the forum operational if I understood correctly. The proper method is to open an image hosting account at imageshack or perhaps photobucket and link your pictures over . I know there is a thread explaining it all, that I read previously.
As the images all state, deleted by admin, I would reasonably guess that would be the explantion.

Aside from and main reason I was posting, I have been able to purchase a figure of Leptoceratops other than the one mentioned here so I am guessing it would not be a valid entry, unless Playskool figures are not considered valid entries.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leptoceratops-Jexar-Playskool-Definitely-Dinosaurs-1988-Wendys-blue-/200849593162?nma=true&si=JUXVdD5Dxit5ehGkzLqTtqiVlbM%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Finally I wondered if that Shapeways piece that is Herrasaurus(spelling) qualifies as a unique species. I had not seen another offered myself.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

SBell

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on December 11, 2012, 11:44:20 AM
The admin have been stating for weeks not to use attachments as they drain resources from the forum, and once a crash occurred I believe they were deleted to save space, and keep the forum operational if I understood correctly. The proper method is to open an image hosting account at imageshack or perhaps photobucket and link your pictures over . I know there is a thread explaining it all, that I read previously.
As the images all state, deleted by admin, I would reasonably guess that would be the explantion.

Aside from and main reason I was posting, I have been able to purchase a figure of Leptoceratops other than the one mentioned here so I am guessing it would not be a valid entry, unless Playskool figures are not considered valid entries.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leptoceratops-Jexar-Playskool-Definitely-Dinosaurs-1988-Wendys-blue-/200849593162?nma=true&si=JUXVdD5Dxit5ehGkzLqTtqiVlbM%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Finally I wondered if that Shapeways piece that is Herrasaurus(spelling) qualifies as a unique species. I had not seen another offered myself.

There are Herreresaurus made by CollectA and from a Dino Expo set (under a synonymous name).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: