News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Unique Species Specimen Discussion Thread

Started by Roselaar, August 28, 2012, 02:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Roselaar

Finished the list! Thanks a lot to all the contributors! :)

Keep contributing, there's still various species left unpictured. And I bet we can cross off some species on this list, while the possibility of adding more also is far from impossible. ;)

stemturtle

Roselaar, congratulations on completing your list of unique species.  What a monumental effort.  Thank you for this great favor.  Here is a link to a photo of Rikisaurus (Yowies): http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,16.msg634.html#msg634

Mural at New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science (Click image)

Roselaar

Thanks for the praise and the link, stemturtle! Unfortunately I had to return my PC to the store today (again!) so the right version of Windows Vista could be installed, meaning I'll be without my own computer for a while. I'll add Rikisaurus when I get back online (am currently using somebody else's computer). I'll also make that full reference list so people can find it more easily.

Roselaar

Finally created a full reference list:

http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,1112.new.html#new

I would very much prefer it if we kept this new thread unused for anything but the list itself, while all discussion about the list, including the submission of new species and pictures, would stick to this existing thread that has served that purpose for a good 15 pages now.

Again I want to thank everybody who helped create this extensive list (258 species! Only 20 of them lacking pictures) by expanding my knowledge on species, unique or not, via putting their own knowledge to good use, as well as submitting pictures of species whose existence I had a hard time verifying. And of course I want to thank everybody who took the original pictures I used for the full list, even though I'm sure most of them won't realize I appropriated their pics for such a purpose (I truly hope they won't mind... :-[ If they do, I hope they'll just contact me in advance before taking more aggressive measures).

Much obliged, everybody!  ;)

Roselaar

Of course I will continue to keep a constant eye on the list. Just checked all the pictures and I already have 17 dead picture links... ::)  Guess I will have to download all found pics, upload them to my photobucket account and repost the links. But not today.

Splonkadumpocus

I have a Dryosaurus that may qualify, as I can't think of anyone having done a Dryosaurus before.

There are no identifying marks other than "Dryosaurus" and "MADE IN CHINA".

Roselaar

Looks good! Can't remember another Dryosaurus at the moment. Will add it to the list this weekend. Thanks for the pic! ;)

anchry6

Quote from: Splonkadumpocus on January 02, 2013, 11:37:17 PM
I have a Dryosaurus that may qualify, as I can't think of anyone having done a Dryosaurus before.

There are no identifying marks other than "Dryosaurus" and "MADE IN CHINA".

I also have this beautiful dinosaur. Could you tell me where it is written "Dryosaurus." I do not see it.
Thanks

P.S. If you put a picture of the writing is even better ...
P.P.S: Even your have that nasty hump?

:D

Splonkadumpocus

It's on the underside.

Also, what hump are you referring to?

Roselaar

Roselaar

Thanks to Dinosaur Collectibles by Cain and Fredericks I have found yet a few more species to write off the list, and more to add (as far as I know). I discarded the following:

-Hydrotherosaurus
-Torvosaurus
-Brachaugenius
-Tuojiangosaurus
-Montanoceratops

And these will be added when I get my own PC back:

-Riojasuchus (Wiccarth)
-Melanorosaurus (Kaiyodo)
-Arrhinoceratops (Saurian Studios)
-Astrodon (Saurian Studios)
-Brachyceratops (Saurian Studios)
-Epanterias (Saurian Studios)
-Avaceratops (Saurian Studios)
-Titanosuchus (Saurian Studios)
-Ceratogaulus (MPC)
-Stenopterygius (ROM)
-Acanthopholis (Starlux)
-Callovosaurus (Thunder Beasts)
-Glossotherium (LA NHM)
-Teratornis (LA NHM)
-Arctodus (LA NHM)
-Dinohyus (LA NHM)
-Mesohippus (LA NHM)
-Boreostracon (Chialu)
-Pinacosaurus (Hai Feng Min)
-Eoraptor (Dana Gerath)
-Metriacanthosaurus (Dragon Attack)

DC

RIOJASAURUS and WANNANOSAURUS by bsr.  Used for their Tyrannosaurus rex game.   
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Roselaar

Quote from: DC on February 03, 2013, 01:33:58 PM
RIOJASAURUS and WANNANOSAURUS by bsr.  Used for their Tyrannosaurus rex game.   

Could you be more specific about ' bsr.'? I've never heard of it. If you can provide pics too, double thanks.

BTW, anybody know whether the SideShow Tupuxuara is unique? Sure sounds like it.

radman

Both Krentz (Antediluvia) and Rarebreed (shapeways)  have made Tupuxuara. ;)

DC

You can never have too many dinosaurs

Roselaar

Okay, thanks for the feedback, guys. :) I'll add them when I have time on my hands.

Primeval12

Roselaar

Updated again. A big thanks to stemturtle for supplying good quality Cambrian Era toob pics.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: