News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Unique Species Specimen Discussion Thread

Started by Roselaar, August 28, 2012, 02:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dinocat

Roselaar

Quote from: dinocat on February 09, 2013, 02:32:29 AM
Max Salas made a Riojasaurus.

Did he? Oh well, that's that one down again then...

It's still very hard to keep track of all these resin kit species, their creators love trying new species (and rightly so). But it's hard to keep up with who makes what. Keeps this thread alive though. :)

radman

Roselaar

Quote from: radman on February 10, 2013, 02:16:45 AM
Geene Models now has a 1:1 Darwinopterus available!

Sounds good, any pics of that one available?

radman

DC

You can never have too many dinosaurs

Roselaar

Quote from: DC on March 03, 2013, 03:06:23 PM
Captorhinus  noname Chinasaur
http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/Samerica_files/staurik.jpg
Callovosaurus Sky Kids Thunder Beasts
http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/images/tb_caval.jpg

Is Capthorinus actually named that, or could it be other similar species too? I would prefer to have species named by the companies itself instead of having to name them instead.

I was still looking for a Callovosaurus pic, thanks for that one!

DC

Captorhinus came with a lot of dino eggs containing a bunch of low end figure with no company name.   A paper list of the names with a pic for each figure came with each egg. 

Roselaar

Quote from: DC on March 04, 2013, 12:22:43 AM
Captorhinus came with a lot of dino eggs containing a bunch of low end figure with no company name.   A paper list of the names with a pic for each figure came with each egg.

Okay, thanks for the info. I'll add it to the list.  :)

DC

How about Stokeosaurus Digicards?

SBell

Quote from: DC on March 17, 2013, 08:38:37 PM
How about Stokeosaurus Digicards?

Was it a figure or a card?

DC

SBell

Roselaar

Never heard of Stokeosaurus before. Can't find it on Wiki (which doesn't say anything necessarily), but it does link to Wiki's page on these cards. Is it a formally existing species then? ???

SBell

Quote from: Roselaar on March 18, 2013, 08:31:37 PM
Never heard of Stokeosaurus before. Can't find it on Wiki (which doesn't say anything necessarily), but it does link to Wiki's page on these cards. Is it a formally existing species then? ???

It should properly be written as Stokesosaurus. It's probably valid, although there is very little material for it.

Roselaar

Quote from: SBell on March 18, 2013, 10:17:58 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on March 18, 2013, 08:31:37 PM

It should properly be written as Stokesosaurus. It's probably valid, although there is very little material for it.

Thanks for the info. I'll add it to the list.

amargasaurus cazaui

I am unsure if they are already listed or there is something to prevent the two, however our new sculpter for shapeways, Manuel bejerano, has now created a Herrasasaurus and a Yinlong. I know the Yinlong is a unique piece, and I have purchased both pieces so I know they do exist.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

tyrantqueen

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on March 20, 2013, 05:12:19 AM
I am unsure if they are already listed or there is something to prevent the two, however our new sculpter for shapeways, Manuel bejerano, has now created a Herrasasaurus and a Yinlong. I know the Yinlong is a unique piece, and I have purchased both pieces so I know they do exist.
Herrerasaurus.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 20, 2013, 05:22:47 AM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on March 20, 2013, 05:12:19 AM
Herrerasaurus.
yes correct TQ, thanks for correcting my typographical error, she spelled it right.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: