News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Unique Species Specimen Discussion Thread

Started by Roselaar, August 28, 2012, 02:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

DarrenMB

Hi,

Palorchestes has also been done by Playvision.

Image can be accessed here:

http://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t8373-a-play-visions-palorchestes

Cheers,

Darren

DarrenMB

Roselaar

Thanks for the pics, I'll add them to the rest. They're a bit small, but recognizable enough.

Too bad for Palorchestes... Sadly I can't access those forums without a password, but I'll take your word for it. ;)

stargatedalek

Play Visions made two Palorchestes actually, one large and one small.

Roselaar

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 11, 2015, 04:43:34 PM
Play Visions made two Palorchestes actually, one large and one small.

And nobody ever told me about either of them until now... *tsst!*  :)

Roselaar

Added Safari's Plesiosuchus, picture courtesy of Halichoeres. :)

Roselaar

Deleted Hipparion and Thylacosmilus, turns out Geoworld also made figures of those.

Roselaar

Roselaar

Entered the new 2016 species I know or think I know to be unique. Though not all officially released yet, Schleich's Barapasaurus and Collecta's Beishanlong, Mercuriceratops, Lythronax and Thalassomedon have been added to the list. Metriacanthosaurus is off.

Halichoeres

Kaiyodo's upcoming Yi from the Expo this month will be unique, but perhaps slightly premature to add.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Roselaar

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 06, 2016, 12:05:59 AM
Kaiyodo's upcoming Yi from the Expo this month will be unique, but perhaps slightly premature to add.

You certain? I vaguely recall another Yi Qi figure. Shapeways maybe. I could be mistaken though.

I'll hold off adding it at least until decent pictures of the Kaiyodo figure are available.

stargatedalek

Is the list including Shapeways though? For some reason I seem to recall it wasn't.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Roselaar on March 06, 2016, 02:35:26 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on March 06, 2016, 12:05:59 AM

You certain? I vaguely recall another Yi Qi figure. Shapeways maybe. I could be mistaken though.

I'll hold off adding it at least until decent pictures of the Kaiyodo figure are available.

Difficult to be certain, of course, but I searched Shapeways and Renderosity and didn't find any available. I imagine that even if it qualifies for the list, it will have a short tenure.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Roselaar

Quote from: stargatedalek on March 06, 2016, 04:50:55 PM
Is the list including Shapeways though? For some reason I seem to recall it wasn't.

Shapeways is included. Even though it's not a company like the others, it still makes dinosaur figures widely available for purchase.

Yi Qi, we'll wait and see. :)

Libraraptor

https://www.spielzeug-guenstig.de/Australische-Dinosaurier.html

Are any of these Australian species unique as figures? The Serendipaceratops is, isn´t it?

Halichoeres

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 06, 2016, 06:51:43 PM

Are any of these Australian species unique as figures? The Serendipaceratops is, isn´t it?

Yowie made a Serendipaceratops too!

SBell

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 06, 2016, 11:36:12 PM

Yowie made a Serendipaceratops too!

That's the only one I wasn't sure of!

Roselaar

All done before. Though most of them only a few times.

Roselaar

Exit Tambatitanis. Kaiyodo just released another. You wonder what took them so long... :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: