News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Unique Species Specimen Discussion Thread

Started by Roselaar, August 28, 2012, 02:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBell

Quote from: Roselaar on March 19, 2016, 03:58:30 PM
Exit Tambatitanis. Kaiyodo just released another. You wonder what took them so long... :)

I thought the first one was Favorite?

Halichoeres

Quote from: SBell on March 19, 2016, 04:27:20 PM
Exit Tambatitanis. Kaiyodo just released another. You wonder what took them so long... :)

I read that as "another Tambatitanis," rather than "another Tambatitanis from Kaiyodo."
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Roselaar

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 19, 2016, 06:27:03 PM

I read that as "another Tambatitanis," rather than "another Tambatitanis from Kaiyodo."

You read that correctly. ;)

Can someone name me another Masiakasaurus but Safari's? I really don't recall any more.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Roselaar on March 19, 2016, 08:12:46 PM
Can someone name me another Masiakasaurus but Safari's? I really don't recall any more.

There's a kit from Creative Beast, and there's a PVC figurine in the Dinosaur Train line.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

SBell

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 19, 2016, 06:27:03 PM

Yeah, that would have made more sense.

Roselaar

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 19, 2016, 08:24:03 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on March 19, 2016, 08:12:46 PM

There's a kit from Creative Beast, and there's a PVC figurine in the Dinosaur Train line.

Okay, thanks! So that makes at least three then.

Roselaar

Thanks to new player PNSO, I added Mandschurosaurus, Euhelopus and Huanghetitan. Deleted Anchiornis and Lufengosaurus.

I hope I got the pictures right. Had a little trouble telling which model represented which species...  :-[

Sim

Quote from: Roselaar on March 26, 2016, 04:10:49 PM
Thanks to new player PNSO, I added Mandschurosaurus, Euhelopus and Huanghetitan. Deleted Anchiornis and Lufengosaurus.

I hope I got the pictures right. Had a little trouble telling which model represented which species...  :-[

MHHK posted photos of the figures with names, according to which, the rearing sauropod is Euhelopus while the other sauropod is Huanghetitan: https://www.facebook.com/monsterhousehk/posts/1113517238700609

Roselaar

Quote from: Sim on March 26, 2016, 11:56:15 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on March 26, 2016, 04:10:49 PM

MHHK posted photos of the figures with names, according to which, the rearing sauropod is Euhelopus while the other sauropod is Huanghetitan: https://www.facebook.com/monsterhousehk/posts/1113517238700609

Bloody hell, I'll have to change those two around then. Thanks for notifying me.

SBell

I just noticed--Pawpawsaurus is listed, but it was made at least a couple of times for the Dinosaur King line; once as the big, hollow figure pictured, and once as the smaller Series 2 set from Playmates (which, if someone happens to have one, please let me know--the smaller one, I mean).

Roselaar

Quote from: SBell on April 07, 2016, 10:08:47 PM
I just noticed--Pawpawsaurus is listed, but it was made at least a couple of times for the Dinosaur King line; once as the big, hollow figure pictured, and once as the smaller Series 2 set from Playmates (which, if someone happens to have one, please let me know--the smaller one, I mean).

Didn't know that, though it makes sense considering Sega has made several figures of most all DK species. I'll cross it off the list.

I assume the new Kaiyodo Toyotamaphimeia qualifies as unique?

SBell

Quote from: Roselaar on April 08, 2016, 10:43:51 PM
Quote from: SBell on April 07, 2016, 10:08:47 PM

Didn't know that, though it makes sense considering Sega has made several figures of most all DK species. I'll cross it off the list.

I assume the new Kaiyodo Toyotamaphimeia qualifies as unique?

As far as I know, yes--but there's probably a version from one of the Japanese sculptors out there somewhere...!

Like, wouldn't it be nice if this one was cheap and available?

http://wfgk.blogspot.ca/2010/03/blog-post_19.html

Roselaar

Looks lovely indeed, but we'll have to make do with the Kaiyodo release. Which I'll now add to the list.

Roselaar

Chad

I think I might have another for the list. I picked up a set of small Japanese figures that includes two versions of Alxasaurus, a therizinosaur. Here's a question, though--does the fact that this set has two versions of the Alxasaurus make it not unique, even though it's in the same set? Any dino toy lawyers want to chime in? If it passes the "unique" test, I'll see if I can PM you a couple of pictures of them. (the figures are really small. Smaller than Dinotales. But they're feathered!)

Halichoeres

Quote from: Chad on July 19, 2016, 04:52:40 PM
I think I might have another for the list. I picked up a set of small Japanese figures that includes two versions of Alxasaurus, a therizinosaur. Here's a question, though--does the fact that this set has two versions of the Alxasaurus make it not unique, even though it's in the same set? Any dino toy lawyers want to chime in? If it passes the "unique" test, I'll see if I can PM you a couple of pictures of them. (the figures are really small. Smaller than Dinotales. But they're feathered!)

Consider my interest piqued! Any more information on this figure and its companions?

Roselaar

Quote from: Chad on July 19, 2016, 04:52:40 PM

Also very interested! I'd love to see pictures.

As for the two figures, are they different sculpts, or just different paint jobs? In the former occurrence, even if they came as a set, I would disqualify them from uniqueness.

Chad

They are different sculpts and colors. I'll try to send you and Halichoeres pics.

Also, here's a link to an auction for one of the sets at Jauce. As far as I can tell there are two sets with the same creatures but with different colors and poses. Pretty much the boring, standard dinos except the Alxasaurus.

http://www.jauce.com/auction/t481396284

SBell

Quote from: Chad on July 20, 2016, 02:58:31 PM
They are different sculpts and colors. I'll try to send you and Halichoeres pics.

Also, here's a link to an auction for one of the sets at Jauce. As far as I can tell there are two sets with the same creatures but with different colors and poses. Pretty much the boring, standard dinos except the Alxasaurus.

http://www.jauce.com/auction/t481396284

That pliosaur looks like a Waiphoon figure.

Chad

Hey guys. I can't attach pictures to personal messages but if you PM me your e-mail addresses I'll shoot the pictures to you.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: