You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Unique Species Specimen Discussion Thread

Started by Roselaar, August 28, 2012, 02:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueKrono

How do we know that it wasn't distributed? I can barely find any info on Fauna Casts at all, besides a photo here and there.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

Quote from: BlueKrono on July 30, 2017, 01:10:01 AM
How do we know that it wasn't distributed? I can barely find any info on Fauna Casts at all, besides a photo here and there.

Everything I know about it comes from the thread about it (http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=125.0) or from members who have alluded to it, all of whom have said that they haven't received it despite pre-ordering it. Mlodoch has continued to say that he plans to honor those now years-old pre-orders, but to the best of my knowledge nobody has ever yet received one.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Roselaar

I'm gonna hold off re-adding the Mesosaurus until I know for a fact that it exists. I'm not fond of posting species without pictures backing them up anyway, and this case proves why.

I'll add Leedsichthys along with the other new Collectabeasts soon. Anyone got good individual pictures of these?

Halichoeres

Quote from: Roselaar on July 30, 2017, 09:20:50 PM
I'm gonna hold off re-adding the Mesosaurus until I know for a fact that it exists. I'm not fond of posting species without pictures backing them up anyway, and this case proves why.

I'll add Leedsichthys along with the other new Collectabeasts soon. Anyone got good individual pictures of these?

You're welcome to the photos I used for the review: http://dinotoyblog.com/2017/07/18/prehistoric-marine-tube-collecta/
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Roselaar

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 31, 2017, 02:54:50 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on July 30, 2017, 09:20:50 PM

You're welcome to the photos I used for the review: http://dinotoyblog.com/2017/07/18/prehistoric-marine-tube-collecta/

Excellent! Precisely the sort of pics I was hoping for. :)

Roselaar

Collecta creatures added. Anything else I missed recently? PNSO perhaps?

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Halichoeres

Quote from: CityRaptor on August 11, 2017, 08:52:42 PM
Just found this on Amazon: Sinopterus
https://www.amazon.de/Paul-G%C3%BCnther-1606-Flugsaurier-Flugspielzeug/dp/B0000WOH66/ref=sr_1_18?s=toys&ie=UTF8&qid=1502472310
The review for it can't decide whether it is positive or negative...

Here it is in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_mDzqGhPCQ

Oh my, that's ugly. I think even I can resist it, although I have a few pterosaurs that aren't very much better.

bmathison1972

Hi there, if you check out my recent pics under Prehistoric Invertebrates (http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4355.msg176599#msg176599) you will see that Nayab also released an Eryon figure, debunking the Kaiyodo one as unique.

I also have Psychopyge by Geoworld (and old set of trilobites in their fossil matrices).

If you look at my most recent post under prehistoric inverts, you will see several that are undoubetly unique as well.

I am pretty up on the arthropods so anything alone on my thread is prob unique  ;D ;D ;D

I also saw your request for a Marrella image; you are also welcome to use mine (Preh. Inver) if you want as well.

Roselaar

Quote from: bmathison1972 on September 06, 2017, 01:21:01 PM
Hi there, if you check out my recent pics under Prehistoric Invertebrates (http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4355.msg176599#msg176599) you will see that Nayab also released an Eryon figure, debunking the Kaiyodo one as unique.

I also have Psychopyge by Geoworld (and old set of trilobites in their fossil matrices).

If you look at my most recent post under prehistoric inverts, you will see several that are undoubetly unique as well.

I am pretty up on the arthropods so anything alone on my thread is prob unique  ;D ;D ;D

I also saw your request for a Marrella image; you are also welcome to use mine (Preh. Inver) if you want as well.

Hi there! Welcome to the fun!

Geez, that's an awful lot of invertebrates! The Paleozoo figures are breaking my back here, any chance you could put them in order for me? I'm pretty sure, like, all of them are unique. For now I'll add Kaiyodo's Ceraurinella. Was it actually sold under that name though? I've always known it as just 'the Study Room Trilobite'.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Roselaar on September 06, 2017, 10:28:14 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on September 06, 2017, 01:21:01 PM

Hi there! Welcome to the fun!

Geez, that's an awful lot of invertebrates! The Paleozoo figures are breaking my back here, any chance you could put them in order for me? I'm pretty sure, like, all of them are unique. For now I'll add Kaiyodo's Ceraurinella. Was it actually sold under that name though? I've always known it as just 'the Study Room Trilobite'.

I will edit the image and post here, for your reference. Prob in the next day or so if not tonight.

And yes, the Study Room Trilobite was marketed as C. typa!

bmathison1972

Here you go:

1. Leoncholia superlata (but there appears to be two different sculpts, so I would assume not unique)
2. Harpes sp.
3. Asaphus kowalewskii
4. Phacops
5. Hollardops [this might be what the Bullyland trilobite is modeled after but it's specifically indicated as such]
6. Asaphus cornutus
7. Eldredgeia venustus
8. Paleolimulus
9. Euproops
10. Dithyrocaris

I have individuals posted of the trilobites and xiphosurans on Bug of the Day on ATF (http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=1988.0). If you do a search for the genus while in this thread, you should find them. My trilobites and xiphosurans are all in one post each so it shouldn't take long.

Roselaar

Quote from: bmathison1972 on September 08, 2017, 12:30:24 AM
Here you go:

1. Leoncholia superlata (but there appears to be two different sculpts, so I would assume not unique)
2. Harpes sp.
3. Asaphus kowalewskii
4. Phacops
5. Hollardops [this might be what the Bullyland trilobite is modeled after but it's specifically indicated as such]
6. Asaphus cornutus
7. Eldredgeia venustus
8. Paleolimulus
9. Euproops
10. Dithyrocaris

I have individuals posted of the trilobites and xiphosurans on Bug of the Day on ATF (http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=1988.0). If you do a search for the genus while in this thread, you should find them. My trilobites and xiphosurans are all in one post each so it shouldn't take long.

Thanks! I'll save myself some work and just add this pic numerous times with the specific numbers added. People will get the idea. Call me lazy if you must. :)

Mironimus

Quote from: Roselaar on March 19, 2017, 10:19:59 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on March 19, 2017, 09:41:48 PM
I've also seen Carnegie Miragaia knockoffs labeled as Tuojiangosaurus, and Papo Brachiosaurus knockoffs labeled Sauroposeidon, among others. The premise of the list was unique sculpts, correct? I personally think the spirit of that ought to exclude recasts, but it is a debatable point.

I feel you're right though, they're basically the same sculpts. If I don't count repaints, then I shouldn't recasts either.

How about busts? Found out there's a Regaliceratops bust on Dans Dinosaurs. It's not the whole animal, but should it still be enough to keep the Collecta figure off the list?

Here's a short clip (in german language) showing the Regaliceratops bust by Blue Dinos.

Urzeitshop - dinosaur online shop from germany
https://www.urzeitshop.de/gb/
Telegram: t.me/urzeitshop
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Urzeitshop

BlueKrono

There are at least two Tullimonstrums and three Gerrothoraxes. I'd be highly surprised if there weren't multiple Titanises too.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Roselaar

Quote from: yutyrannus huali on October 28, 2017, 06:49:24 PM
Paleo Creatures counts, right?
If it does we will have to eliminate the following:
Cryptoclidus
Hyneria
Chilesaurus
And include the following:
Auroch
Eoalulavis
Europejara
Europelta
Gerrothorax?
Iberosuchus
Lohuecotitan
Stephanorhinus
Pachycrocuta
Pelonuestes
Platecarpus
Tanycolagreus
Teleocrater
Titanis?
Tulimostrum

Thanks for the suggestions. A number of these have already been rejected or added. Still, seems thereĀ“s a few new ones that indeed need adding. Now if only I could find some time to spare...  :-[

Halichoeres

Quote from: yutyrannus huali on October 28, 2017, 06:49:24 PM
Paleo Creatures counts, right?
If it does we will have to eliminate the following:
Cryptoclidus
Hyneria
Chilesaurus
And include the following:
Auroch
Eoalulavis
Europejara
Europelta
Gerrothorax?
Iberosuchus
Lohuecotitan
Stephanorhinus
Pachycrocuta
Pelonuestes
Platecarpus
Tanycolagreus
Teleocrater
Titanis?
Tulimostrum

There are several Aurochs figures (Lykaon, Starlux, Club Earth, probably others).

Kaiyodo made Titanis.

A. fragilis

How about this
Paleo Creatures eliminates the following:
Cryptoclidus
Hyneria
Chilesaurus
And adds:
Eoalulavis
Europejara
Europelta
Iberosuchus
Lohuecotitan
Stephanorhinus
Pachycrocruta
Peloneustes
Platecarpus
Tanycolagreus
Teleocrater

Note: Anzio is not on this list because it was already made by Safari ltd.

Roselaar

Quote from: A. fragilis on October 31, 2017, 08:50:55 PM
How about this
Cryptoclidus
Hyneria
Chilesaurus
And adds:
Eoalulavis
Europejara
Europelta
Iberosuchus
Lohuecotitan
Stephanorhinus
Pachycrocruta
Peloneustes
Platecarpus
Tanycolagreus
Teleocrater

Note: Anzio is not on this list because it was already made by Safari ltd.

Better, except that Pachycrocuta is alreayd on the list and Peloneustes would be eliminated. ;)

And I'd still have to find time. A luxury these days...

A. fragilis

How about this
Cryptoclidus
Hyneria
Chilesaurus
Peloneustes
And adds:
Eoalulavis
Europejara
Europelta
Iberosuchus
Lohuecotitan
Stephanorhinus
Platecarpus
Tanycolagreus
Teleocrater

Note: Anzu is not on this list because it was already made by Safari ltd.
Also, eliminate Xenoceratops and Cotylorhynchus, both were made byShapeways

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: