News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Unique Species Specimen Discussion Thread

Started by Roselaar, August 28, 2012, 02:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 01, 2022, 06:40:19 PM
There are RalPartha figures on the list, which are gaming miniatures.

avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar If you decide to include them, I'll be gradually featuring all of the unique ones in my collection thread, in case you want to harvest photos.

Haha, I'm shooting myself in the foot with my USL requirement definitions and lack of following them myself.  ;D

Pictures would surely be very welcome!  ;)

Strepsodus

To bring back the attention of an image previously linked in this thread, the Mesosaurus, Metoposaur and Cymbospondylus. The other figures could be cropped out and the Salas Cymbospondylus could be added to the list, and is there any way to get these figures?

Roselaar

Quote from: Strepsodus on February 22, 2022, 03:08:20 PM
The other figures could be cropped out and the Salas Cymbospondylus could be added to the list

QFT. Done! :)

Halichoeres

Is this porcelian Augustynolophus in Loon's collection the only one of its kind?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Roselaar

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 08, 2022, 01:36:53 PM
Is this porcelian Augustynolophus in Loon's collection the only one of its kind?

Very likely, I've never even heard of that species before!

Can't find any decent quality pictures of it though. avatar_Loon @Loon, would you be willing to take a close-up of this lovely critter which I might share in the USL, please?  ^-^

Loon

Quote from: Roselaar on March 09, 2022, 11:49:51 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on March 08, 2022, 01:36:53 PM

Very likely, I've never even heard of that species before!

Can't find any decent quality pictures of it though. avatar_Loon @Loon, would you be willing to take a close-up of this lovely critter which I might share in the USL, please?  ^-^

I have this picture from my personal photos, hopefully it's useful.

Roselaar

Quote from: Loon on March 09, 2022, 07:17:45 PM

I have this picture from my personal photos, hopefully it's useful.

Absolutely! Thank you very much! :)

Added Augustynolophus to the list.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I've noticed the Carnegie Sinraptor is in the unique species list but there is Vitae Sinraptor
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Roselaar

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on March 11, 2022, 08:34:16 PM
I've noticed the Carnegie Sinraptor is in the unique species list but there is Vitae Sinraptor

Thanks for pointing it out! I'll remove Sinraptor from the list.  ;)

Thialfi

Mattel released a rajasaurus, so that one can be scrapped from the list. Thanks!

Stegotyranno420

Collecta made on before aswell. But neither are satisfying

Roselaar

Quote from: Thialfi on August 07, 2022, 02:11:51 AMMattel released a rajasaurus, so that one can be scrapped from the list. Thanks!

Thanks, I'll delete it from the list.

I've fallen rather behind on keeping track of unique species, I have a very busy life and am dealing with personal tragedy. I'll try to keep it up-to-date as best I can, but help is always appreciated!

Thialfi

Thank you avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar.

And absolutely no worries. Please take care of yourself.

Roselaar

Deleted Ichthyovenator from the list, Mattel just made a second one.

Wasn't Europasaurus recently done by another company?

Halichoeres

Quote from: Roselaar on August 07, 2022, 01:34:09 PM
Quote from: Thialfi on August 07, 2022, 02:11:51 AMMattel released a rajasaurus, so that one can be scrapped from the list. Thanks!

I've fallen rather behind on keeping track of unique species, I have a very busy life and am dealing with personal tragedy. I'll try to keep it up-to-date as best I can, but help is always appreciated!

Very sorry to hear that. I'm wishing you and yours all the best.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

EmperorDinobot

New for next year.

They are also going to give us an Austroraptor, but I'm pretty sure someone else must have done Austroraptor. I will have to check your list.

It does not look like an Elaphrosaurus. Needs a longer neck, shorter body and very lithe legs. Probably looked more like Limusaurus.

Roselaar

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on August 10, 2022, 09:26:25 PMNew for next year.

They are also going to give us an Austroraptor, but I'm pretty sure someone else must have done Austroraptor. I will have to check your list.

It does not look like an Elaphrosaurus. Needs a longer neck, shorter body and very lithe legs. Probably looked more like Limusaurus.

Definitely keeping my eye on the Mattel offerings next year! There seems to be a fair number of possible new additions from their end in store for us. And yeah, maybe none of them are very accurate, but that's not that big a criterium for being added to the USL, there's many poorly reconstructed figures from other companies there already.

EmperorDinobot

Forgive me if I misread, but do you mean other figures of Elaphrosaurus?

Roselaar

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on August 11, 2022, 04:48:15 PMForgive me if I misread, but do you mean other figures of Elaphrosaurus?

No, from a number of species on the USL. Elaphrosaurus would just be one of a multitude of unsuccessful reconstructions on that list.

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Roselaar on August 13, 2022, 07:56:53 PM
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on August 11, 2022, 04:48:15 PMForgive me if I misread, but do you mean other figures of Elaphrosaurus?

No, from a number of species on the USL. Elaphrosaurus would just be one of a multitude of unsuccessful reconstructions on that list.

Ah. I see. Thank you for the clarification.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: