You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Figures by "Wild Past" (Updated 15.01.2020)

Started by DinoToyCollector, February 25, 2019, 08:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

And it looks good.  It's enjoyable seeing other versions.

Remko

Quote from: spinosaurus1 on December 07, 2020, 04:56:51 AM
Quote from: Remko on December 04, 2020, 02:13:14 PM
I received the Magyarosaurus and Cretaceous standoff figures today (as well as a few others). Wow! They are beautiful!
The Repenomamus is tiny though, would be difficult to paint. But I'll try.

Awesome :). Cant wait to see how the little buggers turn out painted. If I may ask, can you post a pic on how the magy print looks like?  Would love to see how my first shapeways model turned out

Haven't gotten around taking photo's yet.
Also, my one "complaint" about the Magyarosaurus is that it's unstable. You can't have it standing up on a flat surface, it will fall over. So it needs a base or other support.
Perhaps the figure can be a modified a bit to help prevent this.

Quote from: triceratops83 on December 14, 2020, 09:50:51 PM
avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector - I've been very lazy lately but thought I'd post a pic of my Tenontosaurus painted up like a skink.

That looks great! I'm thinking "Okapi" for my figure.

ceratopsian

That's a shame about the Magyarosaurus. I don't know if mine has the same problem. I've already seen a photo of my finished painted model but it's standing on a little base.  Martin might have made an adjustment already if it wouldn't stand by itself.

DinoToyCollector

R @Remko
I'm really sorry about the standing issues of the Magyarosaurus. I totally forgot about checking the stability in the end and I think it's falling over to the right front side, right? If you have a perfectly flat surface I think there is a 50% chance of it standing on its own. I know what to do to fix this model but again I'm really sorry. I've added a warning on the shop. I think sanding the undersides of the back feet (especially the left one) a little can fix the problem.

avatar_triceratops83 @triceratops83
That's a great idea for a paint scheme. I like it!

Remko

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on December 15, 2020, 01:47:43 PM
R @Remko
I'm really sorry about the standing issues of the Magyarosaurus. I totally forgot about checking the stability in the end and I think it's falling over to the right front side, right? If you have a perfectly flat surface I think there is a 50% chance of it standing on its own. I know what to do to fix this model but again I'm really sorry. I've added a warning on the shop. I think sanding the undersides of the back feet (especially the left one) a little can fix the problem.

No problem. I have multiple figures with similar problems. That's what you get with those detailed figures and not toys.

But sanding the left hindfoot a little worked perfectly and the figure can stand on it's own now.  ^-^

triceratops83

Thanks everyone. That really is the best Tenontosaurus available.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

spinosaurus1

QuoteHaven't gotten around taking photo's yet.
Also, my one "complaint" about the Magyarosaurus is that it's unstable. You can't have it standing up on a flat surface, it will fall over. So it needs a base or other support.

dang, thats unfortunate. i really tried to go for a somewhat dynamic, yet stable pose for the figure. perhaps at some future date, i'll also sculpt up a base for the figure to balance on.

speaking of which, here's a WIP shot of the next creature coming to the Shapeways shop. let's see who can guess what it is >:)

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: spinosaurus1 on December 17, 2020, 01:08:46 AM
QuoteHaven't gotten around taking photo's yet.

dang, thats unfortunate. i really tried to go for a somewhat dynamic, yet stable pose for the figure. perhaps at some future date, i'll also sculpt up a base for the figure to balance on.

speaking of which, here's a WIP shot of the next creature coming to the Shapeways shop. let's see who can guess what it is >:)

Not sure, but maybe latnivenatrix or dromaeosaurus

Sim

That isn't Dromaeosauurs, the snout is too slender.  "let's see who can guess what it is" - Something I'd be much more excited for if it was part of the main line!  I'm not interested in Shapeways figures.  Is it Zanabazar?

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I'm going to guess that that is either Jinfengopteryx or Jianianhualong
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Remko

Latnivenatrix, Jinfengopteryx, Jianianhualong...

I have never even heard from these animals...  Those pesky scientists really need to stop finding so many new species every month.  ;D :o

But couldn't it just be a large Troodontid or Stenonychosaurus?

DinoToyCollector

Quote from: Remko on December 17, 2020, 09:36:34 PM
Latnivenatrix, Jinfengopteryx, Jianianhualong...

I have never even heard from these animals...  Those pesky scientists really need to stop finding so many new species every month.  ;D :o

But couldn't it just be a large Troodontid or Stenonychosaurus?

I told avatar_spinosaurus1 @spinosaurus1 that I wasn't aware of all these species, too. While I forgot about the actual species it represents I think you are very right with all of this :D

triceratops83

Any news regarding the Tethyshadros? I'm keen to see how they are coming along.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

triceratops83

Ah, thanks, guess I was in the wrong thread.

Sim

avatar_spinosaurus1 @spinosaurus1, did anyone guess the troodontid's genus?  Is it still coming to the shapeways shop?

Kapitaenosavrvs

I really need to get your Shapeways creations, avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector. They are so well done and adorable. (you do not have a couple already printed and for sale in Germany? :D)

DinoToyCollector

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs
I don't have any ready from Shapeways over here in Germany, but.... I'll write a PM  O:-)

Concavenator

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on November 23, 2019, 05:25:55 PM
Nope it is not a Scelidosaurus - it is a representation of a young Emausaurus. I have an adult version ready, but I save this for the moment I'll release it (if it will happen).
I had some fun with my printer the last few days and getting near the results I want. I underestimated the possibilities of settings and the effect they have on each print. But I'm very happy and it is helpful with prototyping.

Here are my test prints. They are not printed in finest detail, because I experimented with the different settings. But the prints are good to get an idea of the volumes, rough details and poses (which all turned out perfectly - no bipedal tripods!).

I'll update the first site of this thread with the figures and there current state soon, to have an better overview of the models.
avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector is that Plateosaurus intended to be released anytime soon in the main line (I mean, not on Shapeways, but as a painted model like the Protoceratops and the Tethyshadros)? It looks fantastic.

Chasmosaurus

Hello.

I hope you're are ok and you don't have any problems with the covid.
I've just a little question about the tethyshadros. Will it be soon available on everythingdinosaure or urzeitshop? I'm waiting about it to order some figures.
Man is only interested in what he invents while what surrounds him is made in a much more extraordinary and complex way

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: